Milk poisoning: symptoms and treatment

Poisoning milk – causes, symptoms, treatment

People who are watching their health, always include milk in daily diet. It is added to cereal, coffee, tea or just eat with fresh pastries. Tasty beverage can not be overestimated – it contains a huge amount of nutrients and vitamins. Macro — and microelements: calcium, iron, sodium, copper, iodine, molybdenum can also use this natural product as a remedy in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. But often there is the opposite situation – the poisoning of milk, with diarrhea and vomiting. Until the doctor is required to provide first aid to the victim.

Why is there poisoning

Even the most responsible, carefully reading labels and watching the temperature of your refrigerator, have experienced symptoms of poisoning after eating milk porridge. As poisoned milk – the prerequisites for this are many.

  • Cooking from milk of poor quality, which is not subjected to boiling. This can be a fruit cocktail, cottage cheese with milk, mashed potatoes.
  • Substandard care of the cows on the farm – milking is performed in animals with various diseases.
  • Irresponsible quality control of milk before packaging.
  • The absence of medical books from the employees of enterprises engaged in the processing of milk. Open inflammatory lesions on the skin promote infection of the product by pathogenic microorganisms.
  • Buy milk home-made without the certificate of quality on home farms, unregulated markets around the supermarkets or grandmothers around the roads.

The main cause of poisoning is consumption of milk with expired shelf life, or stored in a warm room. The share of such food intoxication accounts for 90% of all diagnosed cases.

After drinking the milk, contamination of pathogenic microorganisms and products of their metabolism in the gastrointestinal tract of man is the death of the beneficial bifidobacteria. But in a huge number are beginning to multiply, pathogenic bacteria, highlighting the internal organs of the digestive system exotoxins. After the death of gram-negative cocci increasing the infectious process in blood act cell fragments of dead bacteria. The walls of the stomach and small intestine become inflamed, swelling, excess fluid accumulation.

READ  POLYSORB vomiting in children and adults: instructions for use

A person with untreated diseases of the gastrointestinal tract creates pathogenic microorganisms a favorable environment for reproduction. A healthy body will cope with a poisoning with less loss, so you should just treat all gastric pathology.

Features symptoms of poisoning

In the majority of cases of milk poisoning is accompanied by intoxication, inflammation of the lining of the stomach wall and intestines. If there is any doubt that the painful symptoms caused by the use of this product, it is necessary to compare the following facts:

  1. Signs of poisoning appeared within a day after taking milk.
  2. In the family or group there are more sick people with similar symptoms who drank the milk.

The more contamination of milk ingested, the brighter the clinical picture of poisoning.

The lack of drug therapy can lead to complications. If in three days after poisoning recovery has not begun, he soon diagnosed catarrhal gastritis.

Small children suffer from intoxication milk are stronger than adults — the signs of poisoning are manifested in them after 40-60 minutes. The disease is accompanied by uncontrollable vomiting, diarrhea, pain in region of stomach, continuous nausea. Doctors often diagnose fever, which causes chills. Failure to render emergency medical care can lead to a possible occurrence of seizures, and also disorder of coordination. All the kids in urgent need of hospitalization and stomach pumping.

The clinical picture of poisoning in adults are more varied:

  • painful spasms of a cutting character in the lower part of the stomach;
  • in the stool contains a large amount of water, indicating the formation of new infectious focus in the small intestine;
  • nausea, vomiting every half hour even in empty stomach;
  • headaches, migraine;
  • increasing the temperature to 40 °C, fever with loss of orientation in space;
  • the lack of urination.

Do not attempt to transport the patient on their own – such actions only hurt the weakened body. You should call the ambulance.

It is important to start treatment as early as possible: a few hours after intoxication with milk will be a loss of useful microflora of the intestine and begin to develop goiter. A small number of pathogenic microorganisms that are always present in the human body, begins to actively proliferate. This leads to worsening symptoms of poisoning milk.

READ  Poisoning with rat poison: deadly poison for humans

Drug therapy

In cases of poisoning dairy products young children and teenagers should consult the doctor. The fact that first aid for all milk intoxications is gastric lavage. To correctly carry out such a procedure is difficult even for an adult, and the kids are not able to induce vomiting in herself several times in a row.

For gastric lavage is necessary in a liter of warm boiled water dissolve a few crystals of potassium permanganate to drink and provoke vomiting by pushing with fingertips at the base of the tongue. Repeat the procedure until the fluid without any leftovers.

After gastric lavage the doctor provides treatment of the following medications:

  1. Adsorbents that bind the undigested milk particles, pathogenic microorganisms and their metabolic products. Commonly used medications that contain activated charcoal, silica gel, white clay.
  2. Antispasmodic or pain-relieving medications to eliminate spasms of smooth muscles, contains drotaverine, analgin.
  3. When the temperature rises above 38.5 °C is required reception antipyretic preparations with paracetamol or ibuprofen.

Poisoning is accompanied by fluid loss, which is extremely dangerous. One package of powder with salts, minerals and dry glucose to dissolve in a liter of boiled warm water and give the patient small portions during the day.

In such cases, it requires hospitalization of the patient:

  1. The presence of severe chronic disease.
  2. No signs of recovery.
  3. Suspected misdiagnoses.
  4. The development of persistent dehydration with a risk to health.

During therapy one or two days, you should avoid eating – you can drink poorly brewed unsweetened tea, broth hips, mineral water without gas and dyes.

READ  Nitrate poisoning: symptoms and treatment

How to avoid poisoning milk

To avoid and treat painful symptoms should:

  • buy milk in shops and supermarkets;
  • do not hesitate to ask sellers care book, pay attention to the date of the last medical examination;
  • periodically check the temperature of your refrigerator, do not store milk on the side of the shelf;

To buy milk in a specially designated areas equipped with a refrigerator and regularly check the station level.

When the first symptoms of poisoning milk should immediately start therapy. Complications from any sort of intoxication can be of various degrees, up to full dehydration and dysentery. Therefore, timely treatment to the doctor will greatly reduce treatment time and accelerate recovery.