Motherwort and alcohol: compatibility and interoperability
Is it possible to combine motherwort preparations with alcohol
On the basis of motherwort extract produced drugs with sedative, anticonvulsant and hypnotic effect. Thanks to its mild action, motherwort is widely used by people having sleep problems and experiencing stress and nervous tension. In this article we have considered whether it is possible to combine motherwort and alcohol, what could be the consequences of this combination on human health?
The description of the drug
Motherwort is available in tinctures and tablets. Is sold without a prescription. Has sedative, cardiotonic, sedative and anticonvulsant properties. Also has a mild diuretic effect. Motherwort is available in the form of pills and alcohol tinctures.
To take motherwort after prior consultation with the treating doctor. Uncontrolled reception there is a high risk of overdose and poisoning drug.
Preparations on the basis of motherwort is considered one of the safest sedatives. Compared to most sedatives motherwort is not able to cause addiction and has virtually no side effects. Indications for supplementation with motherwort:
- Sleep disorders, insomnia, restless sleep.
- High nervous excitability, nervousness, anxiety.
- Cardiovascular neuroses.
- The first stage of hypertension.
- Vegetative-vascular dystonia.
Motherwort has a number of contraindications. These include:
- hypersensitivity to the drug, allergic to its components;
- ulcers in the region of the walls of the stomach or duodenum;
- acute or chronic gastritis;
- children’s age;
- pregnancy and breast-feeding.
Preparations motherwort is strictly not to be combined with analgesics and hypnotic drugs. If necessary, combine them with any other medicines consult your doctor.
Remember that motherwort tincture absolutely can not make people driving vehicles. It increases the alcohol content in the blood.
The combination with alcohol
Many are interested in the work of Valerian with alcohol. Some believe that, as the tincture is produced on the basis of 70% alcohol, to use it together with alcohol is dangerous and not acceptable. The combination of drugs on the basis of Valerian with alcohol can lead to serious and dangerous consequences, cause poisoning and oppression of the Central nervous system.
The fact that the use of tincture of Leonurus man making the drug in a large quantity of water. And alcohol in large dilution has no effect on his body.
Preparations motherwort relax man, have a hypnotic effect, directly affect the Central nervous and cardiovascular systems. Such actions and effects on the body has and alcohol. When co-administered motherwort and alcohol enhance each other’s action.
People suffering from alcohol dependence, can take motherwort tincture instead of alcohol. Usually after a few SIPS, they develop strong alcoholic intoxication. After drinking the whole bottle they fall into a deep alcoholic sleep or even a coma. In this state, may develop death from aspiration of vomit, can occur stop breathing or cardiac activity.
Symptoms of alcohol poisoning and motherwort
In the use of alcohol tinctures of motherwort in a large number (a valid dose is 5-10 drops) or when combining products of Valerian with alcoholic beverages develop severe poisoning and intoxication of the whole organism.
Most affected are the heart, Central nervous system and liver. Signs of intoxication are growing for 1-2 hours. Develop the following clinical signs and symptoms:
- Headache and dizziness. A person develops severe weakness.
- Disturbed coordination of movement and motor skills. Intoxicated people in that state may accidentally be injured, to fall, to fall under the car or even fall out.
- Reduced clarity of speech. She becomes incoherent and unintelligible.
- Develops nausea and vomiting. And retching can develop in the sleeping people. In this state, they can choke on vomit and die from asphyxiation.
- Abdominal pain, heartburn, flatulence, loose stools are caused by toxic effects of alcohol.
- Disturbed heart rate. Initially, the patient develops tachycardia, then the pulse weakens and slows. In severe intoxications, the heart rate may drop to 40-50 beats per minute.
- The fall in blood pressure (hypotension). The systolic pressure may fall below 90 mm Hg. article
- Disturbed consciousness. Develops a deep alcoholic sleep. In severe intoxication may occur soporose or coma.
What to do in case of acute intoxication
The person who abides in acute alcohol intoxication, after the combined use of drugs based on motherwort can’t be left alone. This poisoning should be treated under the control of doctors, if you suspect its development should call the ambulance.
Before arrival of physicians try to provide the poisoned person first aid. If the person is conscious, you must:
- Removing the last traces of drug and alcohol from the stomach. To do this, gulp drink a few glasses of water, and provoke an attack of vomiting.
- Let him drink sorbents, e.g., activated carbon, enterosgel or sorbex. Before their admission should read the rules of the dosing, they can be specified in the instructions or on the packaging of the drug.
- Hydrate the patient with plain water or tea. The liquid will help to eliminate toxins from the body.
Impaired consciousness no need to try to give the patient something to drink or to provoke him vomit. Such actions can cause asphyxia and aspiration. Put him on his side. In this position, the risk of zahlebyvayas vomiting is minimal.
Before the arrival of doctors do not leave the patient alone, without supervision. Check his pulse and breathing. Doctors arrived on the call, you will need to tell them what happened, give the approximate amount of alcohol consumed and motherwort. If you know any peculiarities of health of the poisoned person, for example, the presence of allergies to medications or concurrent disease, please inform the doctors.
The paramedics will do a quick examination of the patient, checks his pulse, pressure, respiration and saturation. Then, after stabilization of vital signs, hospitalitynet him to the hospital. In the case of acute intoxication and kidney damage may require dialysis.
Drugs on the basis of motherwort are safe and effective sedative and sedation. But to exceed the dosage and combining them with alcohol is strictly prohibited. Poisoning, which can develop as a result of such action, refers to the heavy.