Mushroom poisoning – what to do if you ate a mushroom

What to do in case of poisoning with Amanita

That Amanita is a poisonous mushroom, we all know from early childhood. Many people know what he looks like, but cases of poisoning by this mushroom are still Dating. This is due to the fact that not all the informed about different types of this fungus. Species they differ in appearance and properties. Mushroom poisoning can be hard on the human body, and with the untimely assistance provided leads to death.

Varieties of toadstools

Toadstools are poisonous, and conditionally edible, but experienced mushroom pickers try to avoid such instances from sin.

  1. The red mushroom is the most attractive and poisonous, is familiar to all in the original color. For bright appearance hides a deadly danger. Found almost everywhere, mostly around trees and shrubs. The poison that is the cause of the poisoning is muscarin. 0.5 grams of muscarine enough for irreversible processes and death.
  2. The white mushroom is white, disgusting odor and taste. Very toxic instance to be fatal to eat three large mushroom.
  3. Smelly mushroom – very similar to white but with a hollow leg. Too much is toxic and different unpleasant odor.
  4. Amanita pantherina is very attractive fungus. It is brownish green or brown with white spots. Causes severe hallucinations. The man who ate a mushroom of this type, suffers from mental disorders, reminiscent of the manifestation of delirium tremens. Damage from Amanita pantherina a lot more than red, and the prognosis for the victim worse.
  5. Pohadkovy mushroom – very similar to edible mushrooms, and only on closer examination can detect a characteristic drop-warts. Highly toxic.
  6. Pink and grey fly agaric – conditionally edible instance. Has a pinkish color with dirty spots. Has a spicy taste and smell, can be consumed, but it is better not to risk it.
  7. Thick mushroom – edible mushroom, but has a poor taste and aroma. There is a similarity with Amanita pantherina, so they are easy to confuse.
READ  Analogues of the drug enterosgel: than it can be replaced

Theoretically the last two types of mushrooms can be eaten after special treatment, but in fact it is better not to collect.

Symptoms of poisoning

Intoxication symptoms are different and depend on the variety of mushroom that was eaten. Intoxication by poisons of mushrooms can cause such changes in the body:

  • increased excitation;
  • confusion;
  • dizziness;
  • loss of coordination;
  • blurred vision and hallucinations;
  • unwarranted fear;
  • palpitations;
  • increase in blood pressure;
  • dryness of mucous membranes.

In addition, you may experience symptoms such as feelings of fear and depression.

Initial signs of intoxication manifested through 20-30 minutes after ingestion, although in some cases the incubation period may be delayed up to 6 hours.

Please note: the longer there is no signs of poisoning, the more toxins are absorbed into the blood stream and the prognosis worse.

First aid before arrival of doctors

In the case of the use of mushrooms in large quantities the person may lose consciousness or fall into a coma that often leads to death. According to medical statistics, the number of fatal cases of mushroom poisoning is 5-10%.

To prevent the deterioration of health of the victim, you need to begin to provide medical assistance as soon as the initial symptoms of poisoning with Amanita. The algorithm of actions should be:

  • to wash out the stomach – the patient is given to drink about 1 litre easy solution manganese potassium or sodium. After that, press on the base of the tongue and artificially induce vomiting. Doing the procedure until, until the liquid drawn from the stomach, will be without impurities;
  • the patient is given sorbents, which are in the house. You can use any preparations based on silicon dioxide or activated charcoal classic in the calculation 1 tablet on 10 kg of weight;
  • further treatment involves intestinal. For this into the rectum by enema, pour in up to two liters of clean water for adult and one liter for a child;
  • when expressed pain in the area of the digestive organs give drugs to relieve spasm.

Water for irrigation of the colon should be at room temperature. If the water is too warm, the effect will be the opposite – the more toxins will be absorbed into the intestinal wall.

If symptoms are not too pronounced, it is usually a first aid sufficient to normalize the human condition. When first aid has not improved the General condition of the patient or it became worse, you need to call an ambulance.

READ  How to drink flax seed oil to cleanse the body and intestines

Treatment of poisoning in hospital

The victim, who is in a serious condition after eating mushrooms, is treated in a hospital. The treatment plan developed individually, depending on the severity of the intoxication, but the basic Protocol of assistance are identical.

  1. Flushing of the stomach and intestines with plenty of water.
  2. Subcutaneous administration of the antidote, which is often atropine. The dosage of the drug selected by the doctor depending on age and condition of the patient.
  3. In a very serious condition is also appointed glucocorticoids.
  4. If you are experiencing specific symptoms in mushroom poisoning, for example, spasm of the respiratory organs, prescribe drugs to restore breathing.

Even mild poisoning Amanita relief comes in about a week.

If the human condition is severe, the treatment will be long and can be bad health consequences.

The effects of poisoning by toadstools

Amanita poisoning can affect the body. This manifests itself in such pathological conditions:

  • disrupted urinary system;
  • disturbed functioning of the liver and pancreas;
  • begin diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
  • have an allergic reaction.

Pokazannaya timely medical care can lead to more serious issues. So, with prolonged intoxication can be diagnosed diabetes.

Prevention of poisoning by Amanita

To minimize cases of poisoning with Amanita and other poisonous mushrooms, it is required to periodically carry out preventive lectures. This should be done both at the enterprises and in educational institutions. Special attention should be paid to areas where there are forests and there is a mass gathering of mushrooms. People must clearly understand that the strange mushrooms are not collected, only then can you maintain your health and your loved ones.

READ  Lethal dose of water for humans a day at a time

Any poisoning is easier to prevent than to cure. For the prevention of severe intoxication it is better to abandon any mushrooms. But even when someone close the people were poisoned by mushrooms, make sure you know what to do, then all bad effects will be reduced to a minimum.

MAXCACHE: 0.5MB/0.00169 sec