Mushrooms: benefits and harms to the human body

The beneficial properties of honey and the possible risks of mushroom poisoning

The diversity of the Russian forests can meet a lot of both edible and poisonous mushrooms. For example, honey is edible mushrooms. According to the classification they come in several types. According to many fans of silent hunting, all species are harmless. However, there is another opinion, because mushrooms mushrooms, the benefits and harms which are being studied by researchers. Despite the nutritional value of the product and its diversity in nature, still there are samples that cause human poisoning.

Useful properties of honey

The use of honey is a balance of useful substances to the body. A high water content (over 90%) ensures a low caloric content, making them a dietary dish.

The chemical composition of honey:

  • essential amino acids – to support all biochemical processes in the body, improve hormone function, improve immunity, increase oxygen at the cellular level;
  • protein – the building material for muscles, the brain, the concentration of the substance equals the mushrooms to the meat;
  • unsaturated fatty acids regulate metabolism, increase brain activity, restore damaged DNA;
  • vitamins A, all group b, D, E, C, PP;
  • trace elements such as calcium and potassium, iodine, phosphorus, copper, zinc, sulfur;
  • antioxidants support all energy processes in the body, cell division;
  • organic acids and urea have anticancer effect, improves the process of hematopoiesis, contribute to the production of hormones.

Regular consumption of honey increases haemoglobin in the blood. High content of iodine stabilizes the nervous and reproductive systems. It is believed that mushrooms possess antimicrobial activity, they are able to suppress conditionally pathogenic microflora (Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli).

READ  Citric acid: benefits and harms to health

Negative effects of mushrooms on the body

Despite all the beneficial properties of mushrooms have their drawbacks. The dangers of mushrooms is that they are a heavy product for the digestive system. Therefore they are not recommended for children under 7 years. This is due to the high content of chitin (biological sponge-like substance that occurs naturally in the shells of crustaceans).

The chemical composition of chitin is similar to cellulose. Regular intake of this substance in the body can disrupt the intestinal flora and lead to increased pathogenic bacteria.

Because of the content of chitin mushrooms are not recommended for people with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract:

  • atonic gastritis;
  • reduced stomach acidity;
  • peptic ulcer disease;
  • oncological diseases;
  • intestinal obstruction;
  • chronic constipation.

Don’t eat mushrooms, patients undergoing surgery on the organs of the digestive system. With care to include in the diet mushrooms should be taken for pregnant women, if possible it is better to avoid this product.

If after eating mushrooms people felt slight discomfort, heaviness in the abdomen, nausea, you should immediately remove mushrooms from the menu. This condition does not require hospitalization and passing on their own without specific treatment. The care includes:

  • possible induce vomiting;
  • to give the sorbent (activated carbon);
  • drinking regime – not less than 1,5 l of water;
  • to prevent dyspepsia, should take pancreatic enzymes – Pancreatin, Mezim, CREON;
  • to restore the normal functioning of the digestive system to follow food diet and gentle cooking.

The risk of poisoning by mushrooms

For self-collection of mushrooms it is necessary to carefully evaluate their appearance – the intensity of color, fruit body, leg. The danger lies in the fact that edible mushrooms are easily confused with false honey agarics, which are very similar.

READ  Enterofuril when rotavirus in children: instructions for use

The main feature of the edible mushroom – a characteristic ring in the form of skirts at the base of the fruit body. The false honey agaric is missing. Poisonous mushrooms have a pungent earthy smell and bright, uneven coloring. Hats of edible mushrooms are covered with small scales, poisonous they are smooth.

False honey agaric is a poisonous mushroom. Poisoning is not fatal if promptly seek medical help. The toxins from poisonous mushrooms affect the Central nervous system, violate water-salt balance, cause failure of the liver, intestines, kidneys.

Symptoms of poisoning about mushrooms:

  • nausea, which develops within the first hour after eating, vomiting, pain in the stomach and abdomen, cramping, diarrhea;
  • a small increase in body temperature, chills, headache, muscle and bone, lethargy;
  • clouding of consciousness, dizziness, twitching muscle tissues.

Poisoning poisons mushrooms requires a comprehensive medical treatment in a hospital is the elimination of toxins, prevention of dehydration, maintenance of internal organs, control of the kidneys.

Methods of cooking mushrooms

Organoleptic properties make mushrooms and dishes are in demand. Mushrooms have a pleasant smell, aroma, smooth taste.

Frying and salting fresh mushrooms lose a certain amount of nutrients. To preserve the minerals and vitamins it is better to boil. Absolute Champions by the preservation of useful properties are the dried mushrooms.

Common method of cooking mushrooms among Housewives is preserving for the winter.

Pickling mushrooms can be subject to recipe, temperature and heat treatment. Homemade preserves is a dangerous source of heavy infectious disease – botulism.

Botulinum toxin or neurotoxin – a deadly poison for humans. Therefore, people with symptoms of botulism are hospitalized urgently. A fatal outcome can be avoided only when timely introduction of a special serum.

READ  Is it possible to have chicken soup for poisoning

How to recognize the symptoms of botulism:

  • the disease begins suddenly and acutely 4-6 hours after the consumption of canned mushrooms;
  • dominated by neurological disorders – headache, weakness, blurred vision (dilated pupils, drooping eyelids, strabismus, painful reaction to light), paralysis of the muscles;
  • dangerous symptoms are breathing problems, tightness in chest, shortness of breath, shallow breathing victim;
  • develops gastroenteritis – vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, impaired swallowing.

Honey is a valuable product in the human diet. In order that its use was useful and safe, it is better to purchase the product from approved suppliers, where the cultivation of mushrooms takes place on an industrial scale. At home it is important to follow the rules and cooking techniques.

MAXCACHE: 0.48MB/0.00074 sec