Nausea and vomiting in case of poisoning does not pass, what to do
How to get rid of vomiting in cases of poisoning
Vomiting is a defensive reaction that occurs when poisoning food or various substances. Nausea and vomiting in cases of poisoning causes severe physical and emotional condition of the patient, therefore, require assistance. To relief the condition of the patient must undertake a number of medical procedures that contribute to the cessation of desires.
Causes of vomiting
Severe intoxication in humans can cause several hundred different substances and various germs and bacteria. The initial stage of the disease is characterized by nausea and vomiting, then joins headache, General weakness, diarrhea and high fever. Vomiting in this case is the response of the immune system so the body tries to get rid of toxic substances. If the seizures are not very frequent, then stop it with medication is not necessary.
For all forms of poisoning should immediately go to the hospital. Only a doctor can properly diagnose, prescribe adequate treatment and to track changes in the human condition.
Intoxication can cause many toxic substances, but most often cause uncontrollable vomiting be:
- Drugs that were used uncontrolled and in high doses.
- Expired food products or products of low quality that does not have a sealed package.
- Alcoholic beverages purchased in questionable places, or unlicensed alcohol.
- The evaporation of toxic substances.
- Chemicals that are found in every home – cleaning and maintenance products.
- Carbon monoxide.
- The pesticides used to combat insects and rodents in the national economy.
All these substances are aggressive effect on the stomach and cause a gag reflex.
The signs of poisoning
All of intoxication can be divided into two types – acute and chronic. Acute poisoning occurs due to simultaneous reception of a toxic component to rapidly develop and cause serious damage to organs and body systems. In chronic poisoning the person gets dosed harmful substance, its dose is very small, thanks to the acute phase of intoxication is not observed.
For all types of poisoning are characterized by similar symptoms:
- persistent nausea which does not allow the person to sleep;
- uncontrollable vomiting of gastric juice and remains of food;
- increased salivation, the patient sometimes does not have time to swallow saliva and it flows down in a thin stream;
- pain in the stomach and intestines;
- dizziness and a intolerable migraine;
- fainting and confusion;
- a drop in blood pressure;
- temperature above 39 degrees;
- abnormal heart rhythm.
Long the victim may be nauseated is a result of a failure in the digestive system. Under this condition, the patient requires medical assistance. The symptoms gradually subside after a week to remind of the poisoning will only be flatulence, pain in the abdomen and General weakness.
Urgent help with vomiting
If there is poisoning, uncontrollable vomiting, to alleviate the unpleasant condition will be able a number of activities listed below:
- Lavage of the stomach. For this purpose weak solutions of salt, soda or activated charcoal. Lavage can be performed only when food poisoning, drugs and poisoning by vegetable substances. If a person cannot perform washing, just give him to drink a solution of activated charcoal at the rate of one tablet per 10 kg of body weight.
- Intestinal lavage. To do this, use salted water or dissolve in water pharmaceutical drug regidron.
- Give any adsorbents that are in the house. They contribute to the neutralization of toxins, and rapid withdrawal from the body.
- The patient is conveniently placed heat shielding, especially important when you have a fever. The head should be turned slightly to avoid zahlebyvayas vomit.
- On the stomach can put a warm heating pad which helps relax the abdominal muscles.
- At a high temperature is required to give the patient antipyretics tablets. Syrups and suspensions contain dyes and fragrances which must not be used for an irritable stomach.
The washing of the stomach performing up until the rinse water does not become completely clean.
Treatment of young children should be performed only in a hospital under the supervision of qualified medical staff!
When it is forbidden to induce vomiting
Induce vomiting is forbidden in cases of poisoning including toxic substances:
- Acids and alkalis as well as detergents and cleaning products that are used in everyday life.
- Gasoline or diesel fuel.
- With antifreeze.
In these cases, gastric lavage through the probe’s large diameter, it is usually performed health care providers. Otherwise, the call artificial vomiting can lead to further damage to the esophagus, vocal cords and the mucous membrane of the mouth.
If there is any suspicion of perforation of the stomach, to perform any manipulation at home is strictly prohibited, this will lead to the aggravation of the situation,
The feasibility of using medicines to stop vomiting
The man, who is vomiting and nausea after food poisoning are not, often think, what to drink to stop this unpleasant process. To take drugs, which stop the retching is only in the case that vomiting occurs too often and is very exhausting to the sick person. If vomiting occurred several times, the pills are not advisable, as the body quickly cleared of toxins.
When to get rid of nausea and vomiting is not possible with the aid of adsorbents, it is possible to give the patient a pill of zantac, which will help to digest the remaining food in the stomach and will ease the condition. When uncontrollable vomiting is also used reglan or its derivatives.
All drugs can be used only after the consultation with the doctor. This should take into account the severity of the disease, comorbidities and contraindications.
Possible complications from repeated vomiting
The man, who is uncontrollable vomiting, can get very dehydrated, which is then expressed such changes in the body:
- the crash occurs in the urogenital system;
- in women of childbearing age disturbed menstrual cycle;
- begins chronic jaundice;
- possible pancreatitis;
- develop the disease of the stomach;
- in case of dehydration, the cardiovascular system.
To prevent complications, the victim need to quickly provide first aid. Task loved ones and physicians as quickly as possible to relieve nausea, which causes vomiting.
The process of recovery after poisoning with vomiting
Many patients wonder what to do after vomiting, how to eat and what to pay special attention to? The first step to a speedy recovery will be diet, smaller meals. In the first days after the beginning of intoxication the patient does not feed at all, give him plenty of drinking small volumes. Further, the diet looks like this:
- from the second day begin to introduce viscous porridge, mashed potatoes, baked apples and crackers. Food not to eat butter because my stomach is still very weak;
- third day in the diet administered to the second broth from chicken or veal, and eggs;
- then you can gradually include in the diet of low-fat milk. Usually it is added to cereal.
Throughout the rehabilitation period the patient should drink several glasses of bifidokefir with the day. This healthy drink contains beneficial bacteria that help to restore the disturbed balance in the body. In addition, the constant use of dairy drink improves your appetite.
Even after full recovery the patient who had a poisoning with vomiting, should be observed from your doctor. From the age of the victim depends, what would it be for a doctor, pediatrician, or therapist. After a certain period of time, it is desirable to make tests that will show if there in the body inflammatory processes.