Neutralizing the alcohol in the body
How to neutralize alcohol in the body
The neutralization of alcohol in the body helps a person sober up faster and get rid of hangover symptoms. Ethyl alcohol alone is displayed for a long time. In this article, we discussed that neutralizes alcohol in the body, how it is possible to withdraw quickly.
The effect of alcohol on the body
Alcohol is completely absorbed into the blood 4-5 hours after ingestion. It is through this time of observed maximum concentration in the blood. All the alcohol drunk neytralizuya cells in the liver and excreted through the intestines and kidneys. It is from the work of the liver cells (hepatocytes) depends on the speed of removal. People who regularly consume alcoholic drinks, the liver cells are slower and the time of intoxication decay products of ethanol increases.
Alcohol has the following effects on the human body:
- increases the production of gastric juice by the parietal cells. Under the influence of alcohol mucous cells of the stomach start to work harder to produce hydrochloric acid. They do it to protect from the toxin (alcohol). This process explains the appearance of heartburn and stomach pain in the morning after drinking;
- leads to disruption of the liver. All alcohol, drunk man passes through this organ;
- takes a large amount of water and electrolytes leads to severe dehydration and pH deviation in the blood, blood clots;
- disrupts the cardiovascular system. This is manifested by tachycardia (rapid heartbeat) and hypertension (high blood pressure);
- causes spasms of blood vessels of the brain, manifested by giddiness, headache, blurred thinking;
- violates the synthesis of digestive enzymes by the pancreas.
It should be noted that in the body there is no body that would not suffer from alcohol.
That will help to accelerate alcohol from the body
To neutralize the alcohol in the body is possible through popular and medical devices. Below we have collected the main recommendations that will help you quickly sober up, get rid of the fumes and the symptoms of a hangover.
Sorbents are drugs that cleanse the body from toxins and bacteria. They are the best converters of alcohol. You can use any absorbents that are in your medicine chest. Before use, should carefully read the rules in the regulations of dosing. The dosage can be calculated by age or by weight.
Make the sorbents should be separate from other medicines. Drink should be a large number of plain carbonated water.
- activated carbon;
- white coal;
Drink plenty of liquids
Neutralization reaction of alcohol will be faster in the body, which does not suffer from dehydration. Drinking plenty of fluids will speed up all metabolic processes, purify the kidneys, liver. Thanks to him, normalizes the blood pressure levels, decrease headaches.
What can I drink to speed up the neutralization of alcohol:
- mineral alkaline water. It should drink without gas. In the day drink 2 liters of mineral water;
- a decoction of rose hips – the perfect remedy for a hangover. It has a diuretic effect and speeds up the elimination of alcohol from the body. Preparing this drink for a long time. A decoction of rose hips infused in a thermos for about 12 hours. When planning a feast can prepare this drink in the morning;
- rehydron – pharmacy drug. Its composition is similar to composition of solutions for intravenous drip-feed that use physicians in the treatment of dehydration. Rehydron is sold in packaged form. 1 sachet of the drug is diluted with 1 liter of water. In the day you can drink 2-3 liters of this treatment solution.
Please note that coffee and black tea do not accelerate the neutralization of alcohol. These drinks increase blood pressure, accelerate heartbeat, worsen vasospasm.
Milk is a natural neutralizer of toxins. If you experience residual intoxication and hangover symptoms, you can drink a glass of milk every hour. This drink improves bowel motility, lowers gastric acidity and accelerates the elimination of alcohol by kidneys.
Contrast shower – a wonderful tool for rapid acceleration of metabolism. It relieves spasm of blood vessels, improves brain function, helps excretion of alcohol from the body.
Remember that taking a hot bath during a hangover is dangerous. It can worsen the condition, increase blood pressure, cause nausea and vomiting.
Diuretics accelerate the excretion of alcohol from the body.
Use them at home is dangerous.
Diuretics disturb the level of electrolytes, potassium.
Take these drugs only after consultation with your doctor.
Vitamins are natural antioxidants. They improve the metabolism, neutralize toxins, including alcohol.
During a hangover you can drink lemon tea, orange juice, or eat fresh fruit. The highest concentration of vitamin C in kiwi, currants, lemons and apples.
Please note that fresh juices should be diluted by half with plain water. In 100% concentration, they can trigger heartburn and stomach pain.
What to do when alcohol poisoning
The methods of neutralization of alcohol in the body can be used in the treatment of hangover. In the case of alcohol poisoning treatment must be carried out by physicians in terms of the toxicology Department or intensive care wards. This condition can lead to disability or death.
The main symptoms of alcohol poisoning:
- copious vomiting of bile;
- severe pain in the abdomen;
- disturbance of consciousness (stupor, coma);
- cramps throughout the body;
- spontaneous discharge of urine and feces;
- visual and auditory hallucinations;
- the extension of the eye pupils;
- shallow and rapid breathing;
- arrhythmia, and congestive heart failure.
When poisoning with methyl alcohol (surrogate alcohol) is significant symptom is blurred vision. The patient experiences blurred vision, decreased visual acuity. This poisoning leads to total blindness.
When the first signs of alcohol poisoning it is necessary to call the ambulance. Until you go to the doctors, unable to wash the victim’s stomach with plain water to make a cleansing enema and give the sorbents.
To accelerate the neutralization of alcohol in the home. For this you can use traditional and medical means. To reduce the level of alcohol in the blood and finally sober up, you can use plentiful drinking, sorbents, milk, or contrast shower. At the onset of symptoms of intoxication should immediately call an ambulance. To self-medicate in this condition is very dangerous.