Nutrition and diet after food poisoning in adults and children
Features of the diet in cases of poisoning in adults and children
Diet for poisoning is an essential component of an effective and fast treatment. It helps to restore the body, improves the digestive system. This article describes how to eat after food poisoning, what you can eat and what is strictly forbidden to use, how to make a proper menu of food.
Why you need a diet?
Diet after poisoning necessary for full recovery and prevention of complications of the disease. It helps to further restore these disorders in the body.
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach. First by poisoning it suffers from this on. Poor-quality or poisoned food causes inflammation of its walls.
- Violation of electrolytes, lack of proteins, a failure in blood pH. Along with vomiting and diarrhea the body loses large amounts of protein, micronutrients. Properly chosen diet addresses this problem.
- The failure of the pancreas. Chronic pancreatitis often develops in cases of poisoning in children. The pancreas is the main organ involved in digestion. It produces most enzymes that digest what is eaten.
- Damage to the liver. For example, the diet in alcohol poisoning gives the opportunity to relax this body, as it passes through and neutralizes all the alcohol. This organ is affected first and in mushroom poisoning, poisons.
- The failure of the kidneys. They suffer from dehydration. Most toxins and poisons it is excreted by the kidneys. In case of poisoning with mushrooms, alcohol substitutes, chemicals may develop kidney failure.
- Intoxication by alcohol. Diet after alcohol poisoning alcohol helps to neutralize and clear away the body.
Food rules for poisoning
In the diet after food poisoning should follow the rules of the reception mode, selecting and cooking food. The following are recommendations that will help you to recover faster after illness:
- Eat little and often. The volume should not exceed the size of your fist. The breaks between meals 2-3 hours. A diet after food poisoning regulates the motility of the stomach, intestines, improves functioning of pancreas and liver.
- Diet for food poisoning in adults involves a complete rejection of Smoking and intake of alcohol. Also the time you need to forget about coffee and strong tea. If you are unable to quit Smoking, try to do it as rarely as possible, and after a meal including.
- Cook foods in a double boiler, oven or cook them. From fried, smoked, should be abandoned.
- Do not eat canned foods or processed foods.
- Eat only homemade food. If poisoning and diarrhea it is not recommended to buy ready meals in supermarkets or cafes. Weakened body very susceptible to infections, and there is a high risk of recurrent toxicity.
- Buy food only in the official markets and supermarkets. Avoid their acquisition in the spontaneous markets and hands.
- When buying products, carefully check the date of their production, inspect the packaging integrity. Meat check the smell. In the period of diet food should be safe for the patient.
- When cooking, do not add spices, Bay leaf, vinegar. For improvement of flavouring qualities of products allowed them a little to add some salt or sugar.
Remember, that to treat the poisoning is impossible. The doctor will write you a menu after the poisoning, be advised that you can drink, and what not. All recommendations of the doctor should carefully to perform.
What can I eat on the first day of poisoning
According to the new who guidelines, to starve by poisoning is prohibited. There should begin already in the first days of the disease. Choosing the right food helps to start the entire digestive system, stimulates intestinal motility. The patient can start feeding in the absence of vomiting and nausea.
This day can not eat only in case of development of gastrointestinal bleeding or in cases of poisoning by acids and alkalis.
Diet for food poisoning the first day consists of:
- boiled rice or oatmeal. The rice should cook a mucous consistency. All meals are cooked on water without oil, salt and sugar;
- app lean cookies without the flavors and fragrances;
- dried white bread.
You can drink after poisoning alkaline non-carbonated mineral water sweet black tea.
Remember that the first day is forbidden to add lemon to tea. It will increase the acidity of gastric juice and will irritate the mucous membrane.
What can I eat for poisoning
Diet after poisoning extends from the second day. Stick it in for 10-14 days. Below are a list of foods that can be eaten for poisoning and diarrhea.
- Baked apples – healthy dish. Fresh, these fruits are not recommended eating for poisoning and diarrhea. Baked or boiled apples improve intestinal health and supply the body with fiber and vitamins.
- Chicken broth is one of the best meals in cases of poisoning. It helps replenish lost protein and minerals in the body, restores the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines. To cook it you need a special recipe: cooking chicken fillets, drain the first water after boiling, do not add pepper and spices. The meat from the broth it is better to eat separately, during different meals. The broth can be eaten together with dried white bread.
- Lean meat chicken, Turkey, sea fish. To eat it should be once a day, for lunch or afternoon tea. Nutritionists advise not to drink it before bed. Protein foods for the longest time to digest.
- Oatmeal, buckwheat and rice porridge. Boil them need simple water. One week you can eat pasta.
- Boiled eggs or steamed eggs. Per day can eat two eggs or four quail.
- Dried white bread, crackers, cookies app. Do not buy store-bought crackers, it is better to cook alone, dry the loaf in the oven or microwave.
- Bananas are the only fresh fruit that can be eaten for poisoning.
- Steamed or boiled vegetables (carrots, zucchini, potatoes).
- You can drink the sweet juice, decoction of rose hips and Hypericum, weak black or green tea, alkaline mineral water.
Please note that to use when cooking only vegetable oil. From animal fats should be eliminated in the diet.
What is forbidden to eat while on a diet
Power after poisoning should be safe and balanced. During the diet should abandon foods that are bad for the food system and can be dangerous for intoxicated people.
The list of forbidden foods and dishes:
- fatty meats or fish;
- all kinds of canned foods and by-products;
- coffee, cocoa;
- chocolate, marmalade, marshmallow;
- flour products;
- dairy products;
- fresh fruits and vegetables (except bananas);
- legumes (beans, peas, chickpeas, lentils, asparagus);
- all varieties of cabbage;
- semi-finished products;
- chips, salted crackers, snacks, popcorn, corn sticks;
- fresh and store-bought juice;
- carbonated beverages;
- sauces (mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup);
- all kinds of spices (food only a little to add some salt or sugar);
- butter, lard;
- nuts, seeds.
The doctor will tell you the rules of the diet. You will need to make a proper menu after the poisoning. The food of the patient should be varied and not repeated from day to day.
For your convenience, we have compiled a sample menu, which can be oriented with the diet after food poisoning. It is suitable for both children and adults.
The name of the meal
|Second Breakfast (10:00)||
How to introduce new products in and out of the diet
Diet after poisoning lasts about 2 weeks. After this period, we should not immediately pounce on the products that you missed. The day you can enter one new dish and product.
The abrupt transition from diet food can cause pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas) and disorders of the stomach, intestines.
Get a notebook and write in it new products that you introduced into your diet, mark it the body’s response to them. If something causes abdominal pain, heartburn, diarrhea – refrain from them.
Diet – the main component of treatment of poisoning. It is necessary to restore the digestive system, replenish the proteins and minerals in the body. Diet is doctor. To start you can eat on the first day after the poisoning. Throughout the period of treatment is necessary to restrict Smoking and to completely abandon coffee and alcoholic beverages. After the diet correctly you need to get out of it, to introduce new products gradually, slowly, to follow the body’s reaction to them.