Obstruction and blockage of blood vessels of the brain: symptoms, treatment
The symptoms and treatment blockage of the blood vessels of the brain
From the condition of blood vessels depends on performance, intelligence and mental activity of man. Blockage of cerebral vessels is accompanied by a deterioration of blood circulation in the brain, an insufficient supply of oxygen and nutrients, which can lead to serious consequences.
The dangerous blockage of blood vessels
Obstruction of cerebral vessels, caused by the accumulation of air bubbles, fat or blood clot, called an embolism. Penetrating artery with narrow lumen, particles provoke obstruction, disrupting blood flow and causing tissue destruction from lack of oxygen.
If untreated, the pathology can cause:
- cerebral infarction;
- blood clots;
- cerebral hemorrhage;
The pathology most often seen in the elderly, but can occur in young people under the influence of adverse factors.
Circulatory disorders of the brain initially asymptomatic. However, there are some signals that indicate the development of pathology.
Common symptoms of vascular diseases include:
- a tendency to frequent dizziness and fainting;
- sleep disorder;
- pain in the head, migraine attacks;
- impaired memory;
- numbness of hands and feet;
- lack of coordination;
- variability of mood.
After that there may be other signs:
- gait disturbance: a person can shuffling or minced;
- noise in the ears;
- disorder of visual abilities;
- prolonged migraines;
- about the need to urinate.
The absence of therapy leads to progression of the disease and the emergence of new symptoms:
- a marked disorder of coordination of movements;
- deterioration of intellectual abilities;
- various disorders of the urinary system.
Severe cases of clogged arteries often lead to complete immobility and death.
In advanced stages requires systematic medical care: the patient may cease to control their actions and become disabled.
Chronic obstruction of the lumen of the vessels, obstructing blood flow, may occur as a result of injuries, atherosclerosis, and various diseases: diabetes, high blood pressure, vasculitis.
Of the other causes of disease include:
- the lack of physical activity;
- genetic predisposition;
- chronic stress;
- negative habits: excessive consumption of alcohol and Smoking;
- poor nutrition.
Eating fatty foods and foods containing additives, leads to a congestion in the arteries of cholesterol, which in turn is a prerequisite for the development of atherosclerosis.
Identify pathology will help the neurologist who will assess neurological symptoms, mental abilities of the patient, and the degree of manifestation of reflexes. However, for accurate diagnosis will be required to undertake the following studies:
- ultrasonic diagnostics;
- computed tomography;
These methods will help to determine the state of the brain, the size and location of lesions and the nature of the disease.
Therapy of the disease depends on the clinical picture and forms of pathology. During exacerbation require the use of medications that help to reduce symptoms and to improve cerebral blood flow.
The most commonly used complex approach, including the use of medications, adjusting diet and lifestyle, as well as recipes alternative medicine. Some cases require surgical intervention.
The most frequent use of the following medications:
- statins – drugs that reduce the production of cholesterol, such as simvastatin, zocor;
- fibrates – medicines, warning of an atherosclerotic plaque, lipanor, the fenofibrate;
- to expand the blood vessels of the brain used papaverine, aminophylline;
- to strengthen the immune system, prescribed antioxidants and vitamin-mineral complexes;
- to improve blood circulation in the brain is used Cavinton, vazobral.
The duration and dose of the medication determined by your doctor. In some cases, to take drugs and the patient has a lifetime.
However, none of the medication will not have the desired impact without observing a balanced diet.
The patient is recommended:
- to exclude animal fats and meats;
- to abandon fried foods, spicy salty food, junk food;
- limit consumption of sweets and soda;
- to enrich the diet of vegetable, fruits and seafood.
In addition, you must monitor your body weight, abandon the negative habits, more walking and physical activity.
To clear the arteries from harmful deposits can folk remedies. Homemade ways to treat blockage is used as adjuvant therapy.
In acute or advanced stage of the disease alternative medicine may become useless.
Showed excellent results in removing obstruction of blood vessels in the brain infusion of rose hips. For preparation will need 50 grams of fruit infuse for 6 hours. Take broth 200 grams, several times a day, for months.
Fruits pour 500 g of boiling water, boil, add in drink honey and take 20 grams before meals, twice a day.
The tincture of walnut
This folk remedy helps to eliminate the arteries from cholesterol plaques and strengthen the walls.
To prepare you need 200 g partitions walnuts and the same amount of vodka.
The infusion is kept for 14 days in a dark place.
Drink 20 drops, throwing it 50 g of water three times per day, for a fortnight.
Sea buckthorn oil
To improve the blood vessels of the head will help daily intake 1 teaspoon of the oil before eating. The course of therapy is 21 days. After a break of 1 month, repeat the treatment.
Garlic is a great natural remedy to prevent colds. Useful properties allow to use it to cleanse the vessel walls of cholesterol:
- To prepare a few cloves of garlic crushed with a meat grinder, pour the alcohol and leave in a dark place for 10 days. Part of the tail and take 20 drops, diluted with 100 g of water for half an hour before meals, three times a day. The course of treatment is 30 days. This tool will help to clear the arteries of cholesterol and to withdraw deposits.
- Peeled garlic cloves placed in 200 g of milk. The composition is cooked until the garlic become soft. The milk is poured and take 1 tablespoon three times a day.
- To effectively clean the vessel wall will help the following recipe. To prepare you need 1 head of garlic, and 1 lemon peel. The ingredients are ground in a meat grinder, pour 1 liter of water, insist and drink 50 grams three times a day, 1 month. Therapy — twice a year. This tool will help to stabilize blood pressure and strengthen the immune system.
Useful for vessels will be drinking fresh juice from celery, tomatoes, carrots and pomegranate.
To prevent clogging of blood vessels necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle, eat rationally, not to neglect regular physical activity and systematically to undergo a medical examination. This is especially true of persons at risk.