Overdose amoksiklava the child and the adult

The symptoms and treatment of overdose amoksiklava

Amoxiclav is an antibiotic broad-based actions amoxicilina. Children, it is prescribed for complications, which caused flu – like rule, is a bacterial infection associated with otitis, sore throat, or affects other organs ENT spectrum. Adults take Amoxiclav on prescription in a number of diseases. Overdose Amoxiclav can happen when inattentive calculation of dose or when the tool was in direct and unsupervised access of young children.

The description of the drug

Amoxiclav consists of amoxicillin, penicillin group antibiotic, and clavulanic acid. Clavulanic acid is not the last value in the fight against bacteria and displayed exactly as increasing the bactericidal properties of the antibiotic. This acid also affects the activity of leukocytes, increasing their protective properties. The drug significantly increases its efficiency by clavulanic acid, it will help where other drugs with this antibiotic are powerless. Most often prescribed for respiratory infections because of its influence on the behavior of lymph.

The list of microbes that strikes Amoxiclav, broad enough – all strains are the most common and dangerous bacteria groups:

  • staphylococci;
  • streptococci;
  • the tapeworm.

Also striking Amoxiclav pathogens that cause brucellosis, salmonellosis. To cope with Shigella, Proteus, Klebsiella, Moraxella and other pathogenic bacteria.

Amoxiclav take with food, as this does not prevent him absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, and the food softens the irritant effect of the antibiotic on the mucosa of the stomach. After an hour, blood is the concentration of the medication. Amoxiclav freely into the organs, tissues and liquid environments organism.

Unlike other drugs of the penicillin group, Amoxiclav slightly penetrates into breast milk, so you should be careful with him during the lactation period, although the tool itself is quite safe in this period under reasonable use.

When should I use Amoxiclav

Amoxiclav is used in:

  • pneumonia, bronchitis and other respiratory tract infections;
  • infections of the genitourinary system;
  • infection of the biliary tract;
  • infected bone, skin, soft tissue.
  • osteomyelitis;
  • meningitis;
  • sepsis;
  • endocarditis.
READ  Harmful OSB-plate for human health

Widely application amoksiklava in the prevention of various infections after surgeries.

The form of the drug and its dosage varies and depends on the severity of the disease, forms of the inflammatory process, susceptibility and age. Thus, there are two optimal forms of drugs in the form of suspensions and tablets. The suspension is basically prescribed for children from 9 months to 12 years.

Contraindications to the use of Amoxiclav

Beta-lactam antibiotics, which include Amoxiclav, and cephalosporins and penicillins can be sources of allergens in people who are sensitive to this group. Lymphocytic leukemia or infectious mononucleosis provoke poisoning with symptoms of overdose.

Violation of kidney function, gastrointestinal diseases, pseudomembranous colitis – all these diseases may be a contraindication to receiving that can be solved only by a doctor. In the presence of these diseases, the characteristic symptoms of an overdose.

During pregnancy and breastfeeding Amoxiclav is prescribed by a doctor in cases where the benefits will be higher risk.

When receiving antibacterial agents, including Amoxiclav may develop hepatitis should not take it if you observed this reaction.

It is impossible to reconcile Amoxiclav with alcohol to avoid serious violations of the liver.

The symptoms of overdose amoksiklava

Overdose suffer more often it is children as the most vulnerable group of the population. Children’s suspension needs to be diluted in water alone. You need to use a nested statement to calculate the amount of water to the mass of the powder. But there are cases where the suspension is diluted incorrectly, thereby exposing themselves to the risk of poisoning. Side effects of Amoxiclav the child may be the most unexpected, but, despite a potent substance in its composition, should not fear serious health problems.

READ  Rotavirus in infants: symptoms, signs, treatment

Unpleasant symptoms will affect the following systems and organs:

  • digestive;
  • nervous;
  • urinary;
  • liver (abnormal increase).

At high sensitivity to components of Amoksiklav can also be symptoms of overdose. At risk are also those patients who have previously had liver damage after application of Amoxiclav.

The main symptoms of overdose Amoxiclav are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain and other problems in the digestive system. Additionally, violation of the CNS provokes a headache, dizziness, insomnia, hyperactivity, anxiety, agitation, inappropriate behavior sometimes, rarely, seizures. Allergies as a symptom of overdose of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid can be induced by cephalosporins. Accompanied by itching, skin rashes, urticaria. May cause erythema, exfoliative dermatitis, toxic epidermal necrolysis to, allergic edema and anaphylactic shock.

Of the cardiovascular system can be reduced blood clotting, anemia, and blood clots can very rarely occur candidosis and manifestation of other superinfection.

Treatment of overdose amoksiklava

Side effect is temporary short-term effect. Treatment of overdose is symptomatic and includes a number of measures standard procedures for poisoning:

  1. If poisoning was not more than 4 hours, apply gastric lavage.
  2. Used sorbents – activated carbon at the rate of 1 tablet per 10 kg of body weight, enterosgel and other chelators.
  3. You need to drink plenty of water and other liquids.
  4. In severe poisoning, hemodialysis is used in which the removal of active substances Amoxiclav.

When treatment with this medicine should pay special attention to the organs of hematopoiesis and to follow changes in their functions. With the growth insensitive to penicillin group of microbes may develop superinfection.

Treatment amoksiklava as a child and an adult must be accompanied by a medical observation and have not too short and not too long to avoid, on the one hand, growth of insensitivity of pathogenic microorganisms to the antibiotic, and on the other signs of overdose.