Overdose and death from energy drinks

Overdose of energy drinks

The man who knows what it consists of energy, are unlikely to be surprised by the information that they harm the body. But then why sell them freely available even to teenagers? It’s simple.

By themselves the substances which are in the composition, not deleterious effects. Death from energy drinks occurs if the use is regular or one-time was consumed dose that provokes a lethal outcome.

Moreover, energy drinks are firmly rooted on the shelves next to alcohol products. A dangerous mix of caffeine, taurine and ethanol is a different story, and not always with a good ending.

What are energy

Stimulating effects after taking one jar of this cocktail is quite easily explained. The ingredients are selected in such a way as to influence quickly and efficiently. However, the organisms are all different, and the fluid energy is available in the standard volumes. This explains the frequent overdose of drink.

The standard energy cocktail:

  • stimulants of the nervous system synthetic origin (one of the main ingredients is caffeine or guarana);
  • substances that help to quickly produce energy (sugar, glucose, etc.);
  • components that accelerate the metabolism (taurine).

Colors and flavors is also a common ingredients included in many energy drinks. Often these substances are synthetic or identical to natural that is not useful.

The vitamins that make up the smallest part of the whole, carry a hidden meaning. The person who sees to the Bank information about vitamin, a priori, begins to believe the product is beneficial to health. But they added energy at all.

Vitamins in the energy drink can accelerate the metabolism, to be able to access the internal resources of the organism.

However, the most common poisoning energy drinks happens in cases when they are alcoholic. During a fun party it is difficult to control the amount of alcohol consumed. Because of this, there is a serious overdose, which often leads to death.

READ  What foods can cause salmonellosis – source of infection

The effect of energy drinks on the human body

The man who has drunk of power, at first, feels fit and lift forces. But gradually, when absorbed through the mucosa of the gastrointestinal tract, more harmful substances, there are signs of overdose.

One bottle of this cocktail is equivalent to a one-time brewed and consumed a 200-gram pack of strong coffee.

Energy supply the body with additional strength, as is commonly believed. Energy is extracted from the body by force. Each of the ingredients of the cocktail carries a specific function. Because of their exposure to the body is forced to find extra strength.

All this occurs to the detriment of the health of the internal organs, especially heart, who are working for wear. In addition, the body loses large amounts of fluid required for the processing of caffeine. Subsequently, this disrupts all the metabolic processes.

Lethal dose

The lethal dose of energy, which contains caffeine, is not less than 70 half-liter jars for a person weighing 70 kg. However, the signs of poisoning can occur after two cans. It all depends on the health of the organism, the presence or absence of chronic diseases and other factors.

A lethal dose of caffeine for humans is 10-15g.

Who they banned

However, the above standards are suitable for the average, and most importantly, a healthy human body. Energy have few contraindications for use. Persons who are at risk, it is strictly forbidden to drink cocktails.

Who should not drink energy drinks:

  • pregnant women, nursing mothers;
  • minor children;
  • elderly people;
  • persons who have diseases of cardiovascular system, liver and kidneys;
  • diabetes;
  • if you are allergic, bronchial asthma.
READ  Overdose and poisoning azaleptinum: lethal dose

Also, experts do not recommend the use of a time more than 500 ml per day. Daily intake also will not benefit. Before you drink a couple bottles of the liquid, it is better to verify the absence of chronic diseases.

Symptoms of poisoning

Overdose of energy drinks differs with the severity and duration of symptoms. Initially the victim may not feel any abnormalities in the internal organs, but the extent of absorption of active substances from the stomach into the blood symptoms of poisoning will increase.

What are the signs of an overdose of a cocktail:

  • tremor of the hands or the entire body;
  • headache;
  • nausea, vomiting;
  • violation of coordination of movements;
  • a sharp increase in blood pressure, palpitations;
  • redness of the face;
  • loss of consciousness;
  • nervous manifestations.

In case of overdose Energizer that contains ethyl alcohol, in addition to all the signs, the patient has inappropriate behavior, a complete or partial absence of consciousness.

However, health problems are observed not only among those individuals who once had abused high doses of the coffee beverage.

If one takes energy drinks on a regular basis, he can also manifest a number of health problems. As a rule, such persons are diagnosed diseases of the cardiovascular system, disruption of the digestive tract and nervous disorders.

Treatment

If the victim is showing signs of a strong overdose, he must give first aid, then consult with your doctor. This is especially necessary in the case if the person is drunk.

First aid:

  1. The patient is laid on a horizontal surface, to undo all the top buttons on clothes. To ensure the flow of fresh air. This should open a window.
  2. To give the victim to drink at least 2 litres of water with dissolved in it with potassium permanganate. Subsequently, induce vomiting by pushing the tongue root a tablespoon.
  3. When the main part of the cocktails out of the body together with vomiting, the patient should drink intestinal sorbent, following the instructions on the package. It can be coal, smectite, Polisorb, or any other improvised means.
  4. To call the ambulance until the arrival of the doctor to make sure that the person does not lose consciousness.
READ  Diphenhydramine overdose: a lethal dose for a human

It is forbidden to give the victim any medication. Especially heart medicines and drugs that reduce blood pressure. Wrong selection and dosage of remedies can cause shock, collapse or cardiac arrest.

To prevent poisoning energy drinks, they should be used sparingly and only when absolutely necessary. In any case this should not be done on an empty stomach.

To feel good, the person needs to sleep. All other means for energy have only a temporary effect, also very harmful for the body.

MAXCACHE: 0.48MB/0.00070 sec