Overdose at the child and the adult

The symptoms and first aid for overdose I suffered

Vibrocil is a combined medication used for the treatment of various ENT diseases. It is widely used for the treatment of rhinitis in adults and children. Doctors do not recommend to use this drug as it can cause poisoning and violation of health of the patient. Overdose at the child and an adult requires serious treatment. In this article we have considered its causes and clinical manifestations, as well as the basics of first aid and treatment during the development of this condition.

The description of the drug

The drug at comes in two forms: drops and spray. It is sold in pharmacies without a prescription. It is composed of the following active ingredients:

  • phenylephrine – sympathomimetic, causes narrowing of the blood vessels and relieve swelling. This substance really helps to fight congestion and nasal breathing easier;
  • dimetindene – antihistamines, antiallergic substance used to treat allergic diseases.

Vibrocil can be used only after medical prescription. The doctor must paint the dosing and duration of use of this drug.

Vibrocil is assigned to the following diseases and conditions:

  • swelling and nasal obstruction in acute respiratory viral diseases, influenza;
  • rhinitis (acute, chronic, allergic, vasomotor);
  • sinusitis, policyunit;
  • training surgery on the nasal structures.
  • prepare for some therapeutic and diagnostic dental procedures.

The drug at has the following contraindications for use:

  • individual intolerance to the drug or its components;
  • pregnancy and feeding the child breast milk;
  • atrophic rhinitis (a condition in which there is thinning and atrophy of the cells of the nasal mucosa).
  • taking medications MAO;
  • children up to age 1 year.

Children at the age from 1 year to 6 years use, I suffered only in the form of drops. Spray is used to treat adults and children older than 6 years.

In addition to the above contraindications, isolated conditions in which I suffered used with caution and imposed only when absolutely necessary. These include:

  • arterial hypertension;
  • rhythm disorders of the heart;
  • hyperplasia and adenoma of the prostate;
  • atherosclerosis;
  • increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma;
  • cardiovascular disease;
  • diabetes mellitus of the 1st type (insulin-dependent).
READ  How does enterosgel on the body and what is it for

Causes of overdose

Overdose vibrocil can develop as a result of his excessive drinking and frequent instillation of nose to them. To apply at need according to the instructions, not to exceed that stated in her dosages and durations of treatment.

Drug poisoning can occur when taking it inside. Drinking eye drops can children, when you try to test the taste of the contents of the bottle. Store at out of reach places for kids.

Clinical manifestations of overdose

Symptoms of overdose appear for the first 20-30 minutes after ingestion. As a rule, poisoning at doesn’t lead to serious and critical condition. Can develop the following symptoms:

  • increased drowsiness, General weakness and fatigue;
  • headache accompanied by dizziness;
  • tachycardia (rapid heart rate), accompanied by a sensation of my own heartbeat;
  • increase in blood pressure;
  • a sensation of pressure in the eye;
  • heightened excitement, anxiety;
  • the sharp pallor of integuments and visible mucous membranes.

Also may cause nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain. These symptoms may occur due to ingestion of a whole bottle of the drug.

Adverse reactions

Before the drug people who have a direct or relative contraindications, or in the case of individual intolerance to the drugs, can the development of adverse reactions. These include the following manifestations:

  • Sensation of dryness in the nose develops due to spasm of blood vessels. It may be accompanied by burning and itching in the nasal cavity.
  • Nosebleeds can develop in people with weak blood vessels. The drug I suffered dry nasal mucosa and can trigger a nosebleed.

First aid in case of overdose

When used at all inside no need to wait for the appearance of the first symptoms of overdose. You need to immediately drink several glasses of plain water and provoke vomiting by pressing a finger on the root of the tongue.

If the abuse I suffered has been more than an hour, meaning the washing of the stomach is not.

After cleansing the digestive cavity give a poisoned person drink a drug from the group of sorbents. It can be activated carbon, APSCO, white coal, sorbex, POLYSORB, etc. Before receiving the sorbent should check his production time and carefully read the instructions.

READ  Fecal stones in the intestine how to get rid of in home

After the sorbents can start soldering intoxicated person. In the case at all you can drink:

  • drinking water;
  • alkaline mineral water;
  • sweet weak black tea.

All drinks must be neutral temperature and not aerated. To prevent vomiting it is recommended to drink little and often, don’t gulp.

If upon your actions as the intoxicated person has not improved and continued to deteriorate, call an ambulance. Doctors, after examination, the patient will be able to determine the amount of assistance needed. If necessary, they hospitalitynet it in the toxicology Department for further examination and treatment.

Analogues of the drug

On sale in pharmacies can find a large number of similar vibrocil medicines. These nasal drops and sprays have a similar composition and effect.

A list of analogues:

  • «Alegamix spray»;
  • «Gridposition rinos»;
  • «Milt»;
  • «Edem».

Rules of admission and dosing of analogues can be other than at. Before use, carefully read the instructions.

I suffered an overdose may occur due to accidental ingestion by a child or excessive instillation into the nose. With the development of overdose need to wash out the stomach, give the patient sorbents and drink water. In case of deterioration of his condition, you should immediately call an ambulance. Do not self-medicate, with the development of health problems to consult a doctor. Only properly prescribed treatment and compliance with medical recommendations can protect you from overdose and poisoning by drugs.