Overdose sitecom: symptoms, help
Sitecom overdose in children
Zyrtec used for various allergic reactions in children and adults. The drug is not a cure for allergies, but only relieves the unpleasant symptoms and makes the disease. Dosage is calculated individually based on the patient’s weight and overall health. Overdose sitecom the child may be the result of prescribing the eye, without specifying the weight.
General characteristics of the drug
Zyrtec belongs to the modern antihistamine drugs. He expressed anti-allergic effect and practically no side effects, such as the medicines of this group the previous generation. The active ingredient of the drug is cetirizine, it is not addictive and is well tolerated by patients of different age groups.
When shown zyrtec
Zyrtec is effective in different cases of allergies, the drug is prescribed for such allergic diseases:
- hay fever – seasonal allergies to the pollen of some species of plants and trees;
- allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis, both seasonal and year-round;
- the angioedema;
- allergic dermatoses, including atopic dermatitis, as well as in urticaria and other rashes allergic nature.
Zyrtec is also shown to take for allergic reaction to insect bites. The medication is able to relieve acute Allergy attack within few minutes.
Features of reception of sirtica
The drug given orally. Adults take 1 tablet daily or 20 drops, if the drug is in liquid form, which makes 10 mg of active ingredient. In the treatment of children older than 6 years, therapeutic dose same as adults, but the daily amount is given for two times.
In the treatment of young children aged two to six years appoint dose of 5 mg of active ingredient, which is 0.5 of a tablet or 10 drops. Medication can be given as single or divided into two doses.
The drug is not intended for the treatment of infants, but some pediatricians prescribe zyrtec even such crumbs. The dosage in this case is calculated carefully and the doctor must consider if the child has liver disease or kidney.
The effect of zirtek in most cases significantly within 20 minutes after ingestion and lasts about a day.
Signs of overdose sitecom
In medicine there are no drugs that would be completely safe. Overdose sitecom can cause not only unpleasant, but sometimes very dangerous. This is especially true of young children. Symptoms of overdose include sitecom such changes in General health:
- the person becomes drowsy, lethargic confused his mind;
- there is dizziness, which is accompanied by General weakness;
- reduced working capacity, a person feels tired;
- there is a disorder of the digestive system;
- it disrupted the work of the urinary system;
- notable failures of the heart.
These symptoms can manifest if an adult once more took 50 mg of active ingredient. In children the overdose can cause only 20 mg.
Urgent help in case of overdose
If very quickly it was discovered that an adult or a child has taken excessive amounts of sirtica, it is necessary to provide such first aid:
- Thoroughly wash the stomach a large volume of clean water. Give the victim drink 3-4 glasses of water, and then tap on the root of the tongue and cause vomiting.
- Give the adsorbents that prevent absorption of the drug in the stomach lining and gently remove it from the body.
- Give the patient strong black tea or coffee.
For victims all the time watching, especially if it concerns a child. If there is the slightest indication the person’s getting worse – immediately call the medical team!
The man with the overdose of the drug is required to continuously monitor cardiac activity and to follow the breath. Specialized antidote to this drug is there, and hemodialysis with excessive consumption cetirizine no effect. Therefore, treatment is only symptomatic.
When possible poisoning sitecom
Poison sitecom possible and if there are contraindications to its use, but man, in spite of this has taken the drug. Direct contraindications are:
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding.
- Full galactose intolerance.
- The failure of lactose in the body.
- Individual intolerance to the components that are in the composition of the medicinal product.
- Severe renal insufficiency.
- Chronic jaundice.
If any such condition or disease the doctor may prescribe Zyrtec as antiallergic drugs, but only if the potential benefit outweighs the potential harm. The dose in each case is calculated individually.
How to prevent an overdose of sitecom
To prevent poisoning it is enough to observe caution when taking medications:
- It is impossible to self-medicate and assign yourself and your child medicines on their own.
- In appointing the drug a doctor must focus his attention on the body weight of the patient.
- Do not exceed the therapeutic dosage, which is prescribed by a doctor.
- All medications must be kept out of reach of children.
When you overdose sitecom doctor’s advice is obligatory! Only an experienced health care provider can determine the severity of poisoning and adequate treatment.
Allergy is a very nasty disease, especially if it’s due to seasonal reasons. To alleviate all the unpleasant symptoms for a short time will help zyrtec, but you should not forget about the rules of admission and possible overdose.