Pentalgin overdose: symptoms and treatment
Pentalgin poisoning: symptoms and treatment
One of the most common medications analgesic potency is Pentalgin. When pain syndrome interferes to lead a normal lifestyle, there is a need to quickly remove it as an effective tool. In such cases many people choose exactly this drug. Unfortunately, the overdose of Pentalgin – frequent case, because the desire to regain normal health often leads to excessive amounts of medication and, as a consequence, malfunction of many organs and systems.
Pentalgin – integrated drug, exerts its effect through the combination of several pharmaceutical components are selected to provide the fastest effective anaesthetic and anti-inflammatory assistance. Indications for admission are up Pentalgin acute headache, toothache, neuralgic pain, and pain caused by joint damage. Effective drug for colds to reduce fever and relieve aches in the muscles.
Pentalgin is available in the form of tablets are oblong, with a green tint. The packaging is a plastic blister sealed in a cardboard box. Sales are bundles containing from 2 to 24 tablets.
- paracetamol – antipyretic substance, which has additional analgesic effects;
- naproxen – an anti-inflammatory agent non-steroidal origin, has analgesic and antipyretic effect;
- drotaverine is a spasmolytic agent with an impact on smooth muscles of internal organs;
- feniramin – an antihistamine that has a light analgesic and sedative effect, reduces inflammation, enhances the effect of paracetamol and naproxen;
- caffeine is a psychoactive substance, improves blood circulation, increases the tone of cerebral vessels. A positive effect on the absorption of analgesics than enhances the therapeutic effect of the drug. Helps to eliminate feelings of fatigue, increases the capacity for mental and physical work.
Components are selected in such a way as to complement and reinforce each other, making use of up Pentalgin popular means of pain.
Patients rarely go to doctors with a request to recommend some medicine for the pain, relying for its reception in the best case for the user manual in the worst – on their own intuition. In this approach, a high risk of overdose, which occurs when exceeding the permissible dose or taking more doses than recommended. In the case of Pentalgin overdose can occur following symptoms:
- pallor of the skin;
- the reduction or complete lack of appetite;
- pain in the abdomen;
- nausea with or without vomiting;
- emotional arousal;
- the need for enhanced motor activity, until the tremor or involuntary shaking;
- internal bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract;
- the increase in body temperature;
- tachycardia or arrhythmia;
- an epileptic seizure.
Within 2 days after the overdose may manifest disorders in the liver, developing to gepatonekros, accelerate production of hepatic enzymes, increase of blood coagulation time.
A significant excess of recommended doses up Pentalgin lead to complications in the work of many internal organs, including kidneys, liver, heart and gastrointestinal tract. In the absence of a detoxifying therapy overdose can lead to coma or death of the patient.
First aid for poisoning
When symptoms of overdose Pentalgin, you should immediately call an ambulance, telling the medical staff what amount of the medication entered the patient’s body. Before arrival of doctors it is recommended to start to take measures for removal from the body of toxic substances. It needs to organize a gastric lavage the patient large amounts of clean water or a weak solution of potassium permanganate. Reception absorbent products such as activated charcoal, white coal, enterosgel, POLYSORB or will help to reduce the degree of exposure.
Further assistance and treatment of intoxicated should be provided by health workers. They can enter acetylcysteine as antidote to paracetamol poisoning. When an epileptic seizure is administered intravenously diazepam. Gastrointestinal bleeding stoped antacid substances and washing with very cold brine.
After the event first aid is necessary to restore the water-salt balance of the body what it is recommended that frequent excessive drinking and use of special solutions.
Rules of admission
On the day of admission up Pentalgin it is better to refuse from tea and coffee to avoid excess dose of caffeine in the body. It is fraught with excessive agitation, which may be replaced by an abrupt lethargy, causing people to be knocked out of the daily rhythm of life.
The duration of drug intake should be monitored by a physician. When taking up Pentalgin more than 7 consecutive days should undergo a medical examination to rule out liver damage.
In professional sports accepting up Pentalgin limited, as some of its components can be regarded as doping.
Pentalgin is contraindicated in diseases of the stomach, asthma, liver and kidney failure, some diseases of the cardiovascular system. The drug should not be taken by pregnant or lactating women.
On the question of whether to give children Pentalgin, there is no definite answer. The official manual States that the age of 18 is a contraindication to receiving. However, doctors sometimes prescribe a quarter or half pill children older than 7 years. But these cases are rather exceptions.
Like other medicines, Pentalgin, in addition to the main effects, and may have other, less pleasant. Pentalgin consists of caffeine and codeine – substances that can cause addiction.
Side effects from the medication may occur as follows:
- nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, with a long reception and ulcerative processes;
- increase in blood pressure, disorders of the heartbeat;
- unfounded anxiety, sleep disturbances, headaches and dizziness, loss of attention;
- hearing loss, noise in the ears;
- cutaneous manifestations in the form of itching and rashes;
- impairment of respiratory function.
Usually all these symptoms pass fairly quickly without causing the patient extreme discomfort. When symptoms began to worsen, should consult a doctor.
Overdose Pentalgin possible when inattentive study of the instructions or disregard of the recommendations of a physician. To avoid unpleasant consequences, you should comply with the dose and duration of admission, and to monitor closely the degree of manifestation of adverse reactions.