Pills and injections reglan: instruction for use for children with vomiting
How to use reglan vomiting in children
Vomiting is a natural reaction of the body to intake of harmful substances or pathogenic microorganisms. Using the gag reflex is happening self-cleaning of the body. But sometimes the vomiting becomes uncontrollable and can lead to dehydration. This condition is dangerous for people of any age, but especially affects small children who have low weight. If severe vomiting, doctors prescribe various anti-nausea drugs, one of them is reglan. Instructions for use cerucal vomiting for children States that it is allowed to use, even for children from 2 years, but only as directed by a pediatrician or infectious disease.
Why is there vomiting in children
Retching in children are due to various reasons. But in any case, the baby need to get help quickly to prevent dehydration. The main causes of vomiting it is possible to allocate:
- Poisoning substandard food, drugs or other toxic substances.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract of an infectious nature.
- Congenital malformations of the digestive organs or chronic diseases of the stomach and intestines.
- The weakness of the vestibular apparatus, which is accompanied by severe pain in any transport.
- Excessive nervous tension.
Vomiting can be provoked by allergies to a particular food product. Mostly this condition is first manifested by hiccups and skin rashes, and then join retching.
General characteristics of the drug
Reglan refers to common antiemetic drugs that can be used for nausea and vomiting in children. The active substance acts as metoclopramide. The drug enhances the motility of the digestive organs and relieves the flow of signals between nerve endings of the stomach and intestines to the brain that is the center that activates the gag reflex. Due to this the brain does not get signals about indigestion, and there are nausea and retching.
The pharmaceutical industry produces pills for nausea, and reglan injection. To self-medicate, as the drug many side effects, and the dosage can be pick up correctly. Prescribe the drug for disorders of the digestive system that manifest the abundant vomiting.
Diseases in children, accompanied by violent vomiting, for a matter of hours lead to severe dehydration. In such cases, the only way out is reglan, which should be used under the supervision of a physician.
Dose of reglan giving children
The dosage of the drug calculated from the body mass of the child and the severity of the condition. In exceptional cases the dose may be increased a little, but this decision is made by the attending physician:
- Children 2 to 14 years of prescribed drug at a dosage of 0.1 mg of active substance per 1 kg of body mass, but daily intake should not be more than 0.5 mg metoclopramide per 1 kg of body weight. If patient has chronic kidney disease, the amount of the drug is calculated by the doctor individually.
- Children over 14 years the dose of drugs permitted to be increased to 10 mg, reglan drink 3 times a day. Pills drink 30 minutes before meals, drinking plenty of clean water. The full course of therapy is often to one and a half months. The doctor can adjust treatment based on these tests and the General condition of the child.
Reglan in ampoules children with vomiting prescribed in cases when retching, nausea, or hiccups, you need to stop quickly. Shots nausea and vomiting teenagers from 14-18 years of doing intramuscularly, at the rate of 1 ampoule once to three times a day. The dosage for injections child under the age of 14 years, the doctor calculates, based on the weight of the child patient.
Reglan in opened vials must not be stored. They were opened just before use, while respecting all the rules of antisepsis. The packaging with the drug stored in a cool, dark place that is inaccessible to children.
Indications for the use of medicines.
Reglan acts on the motility of the digestive organs, so it is prescribed for all disorders that are accompanied by persistent vomiting and retching. It is indicated in diseases and conditions:
- If severe nausea and uncontrollable vomiting, except where such condition is associated with weakness of the vestibular apparatus.
- In violation of the motility of the gastrointestinal tract, for example, when poisoning of the bile ducts.
- Paresis of the stomach due to diabetes.
- In preparation for diagnostic procedures on the digestive organs.
In addition, prescribed reglan tablets children with vomiting when other ways to stop it. Usually use this drug under medical care, but the physician for possible therapy in the home, if the child is over 7 years old.
Contraindications and side effects
In young children and adolescents receiving cerucal limited number of contraindications, which necessarily take into account when choosing a drug. These include the following diseases:
- benign and malignant tumors, which produce large amounts of adrenaline;
- chronic and acute diseases of the intestines, including obstruction;
- prolaktinzawisimae of the tumor;
- epilepsy in anamnesis;
- congenital malformations of the structure of the intestine and the duodenum;
- suspected bleeding in the digestive organs;
- individual intolerance substances included in the composition of the medication;
- spasms and nervous tics of the face;
- the age of children up to 2 years.
In special cases, reglan is assigned and children under 2 years of age, after weighing all the risks. In this case, it calculates the dosage of the treating physician, based on age, weight and General condition of a sick child.
Reglan has many side effects that do not depend on the form of medication. Often manifested these changes in health status:
- From the nervous system can be fatigue, dizziness and tinnitus. Also, frequent complaints of a nervous TIC in children, which occurs when taking the drug.
- From the blood supply, changes in the composition of blood, reduces the level of granulocytes, an important component part of the white blood cells.
- From the digestive system may be constipation, or, conversely, diarrhea, and severe dry mouth.
- From the cardiovascular system and a possible jump in blood pressure and increased heart rate.
- From the endocrine system breast enlargement in boys and failure of the cycle in adolescent girls.
- The immune system may be allergic as skin rashes and asthma attacks.
If the drug had any side effects, it can stop drinking and turn to the doctor for treatment.
How to take reglan for poisoning
If the child is poisoned with low-quality food products or medicines, it is by vomiting the body is cleared and recovery occurs faster. In such cases, anti-emetic cannot be given immediately after the first attack of vomiting, it will slow down the output of toxic substances in a natural way. Child first you need to provide first aid, which will focus on rapid removal from the body of toxic substances. Protocol emergency like this:
- The child was thoroughly washed stomach a large volume of water. You can take clear water or with addition of potassium permanganate. Potassium permanganate is dissolved in a small volume of water, and only then added to the total volume of water for washing.
- Give any adsorbents in a therapeutic dose. If activated carbon is used, it is pre-ground into powder and diluted in a small volume of water, and then only to give the child.
- Do a cleansing enema, which take a little salted water or broth chamomile.
If all these measures helped to stop the vomiting, it shows the use of antiemetic drugs such as charukala. Reglan for poisoning can be drunk only after consulting a doctor.
Shots from vomiting reglan prescribed only in severe cases when the baby vomit-can’t take the pill. To appoint and to inject their own Smoking, as this can lead to overdose and serious consequences.
Overdose of the drug
Overdose cerucalum can be in the case of self-medication or the wrong calculated dose when the doctor determines the weight a little patient eyes. Another reason for overdose is incorrect storage of medicines, when they are stored in an accessible place. If the child is adopted too many pills cerucal you should immediately call the doctor or deliver baby in the hospital on their own.
Overdose symptoms are quite specific, they can allocate these points:
- appears atypical drowsiness, confused consciousness;
- there is increased excitability and motor activity, which then develops into spasms;
- disrupted the heart, which is manifested by instability of blood pressure, heart palpitations and high pulse.
If overdose observed extrapyramidal disorders, showed a slow intravenous antidote, which acts biperiden. The child must be under constant control of physicians, until the complete disappearance of all signs of overdose.
Before the arrival of the doctor is necessary to keep the original packaging of the medication which caused the overdose. This will help to quickly identify the biological agent and to appoint adequate treatment.
How to prevent overdose
To avoid poisoning cerucalum, it is enough to observe some simple rules:
- Not to self-medicate, following the advice of relatives or neighbors. Any medicinal drugs can be taken only if prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not leave medicines within the reach of children. All medications must be stored in a special Cabinet or drawer that is locked with a key.
- Reglan in ampoules prescribes a doctor. The medicine can be injected only after 6-8 hours, during this period of time the previous dose almost completely eliminated from the body.
- You can’t take an expired drug. The active ingredient in such medicines decomposes and forms toxic elements.
Even if reglan for treatment from a doctor, you need to tell him the weight of the patient. When properly designed therapeutic dose of overdose.
Instead cerucal doctor can prescribe other anti-nausea drugs that have the same effect. Despite the fact that reglan is a highly effective anti-emetic, he has a lot of contraindications and side effects, so it is possible to change it to other drugs:
- Motilium is a great replacement serukalou, the more that it is allowed to assign children 1 year of age, and with constant supervision of pediatrician and since birth. Such a remedy for nausea and vomiting for kids is sold in the form of a suspension with a pleasant taste, which facilitates the treatment of kids. In addition, motilium helps to get rid of flatulence, belching and feeling of fullness of the abdomen. It is sometimes prescribed to infants from intestinal colic;
- But-spasm – appointed with vomiting, which is caused by functional disorders. It could be gastroenteritis, high intracranial pressure or a consequence of radiotherapy. This medication can be given to children from the first days of life, but only under the supervision of a doctor and in accordance with the calculated dosage. But spasm can be purchased in the form of syrup for kids and as a solution for patients in older age groups.
All analogues has its limitations and side effects. Before taking you need to carefully examine the annotation.
Than still it is possible to eliminate vomiting in a child
When vomiting cause typical food poisoning and the child’s condition is satisfactory, it is possible to dispense with antiemetic drugs. To help in this case, can recipes of traditional medicine. For the relief of vomiting, children are given a decoction of peppermint or lemon balm. To prepare a decoction, you need a tablespoon of crushed leaves pour a glass of boiling water and insist in a thermos for about two hours. Then the broth strain and drink a tablespoon every half hour until the normalization of condition.
A drink of honey with lemon not only make up for lost during vomiting the liquid, but also regulate the balance of electrolytes in the body. This delicious drink has a tonic effect and quickly removes retching. Use it often, but small portions.
Before you try to stop vomiting, you need to understand what caused it. If it is poisoning by toxic substances, immediately take reglan should not have to wait a bit until the body is cleansed of harmful substances.