Pills and medication from food poisoning: the list
And drugs from food poisoning
Correctly chosen treatment and nutrition is the key to fast recovery in case of food poisoning. This disease occurs very often, it can trigger a variety of food products. In this article the main medications for poisoning by food, peculiarities of their appointments and admission.
Clinical features of food poisoning
Food poisoning can be caused by eating spoiled, expired food and dishes, infected intestinal infection (salmonellosis, dysentery, E. coli). Symptoms develop during the first 6 hours. The speed of their growth depends on the cause of the disease, the amount ingested, the condition of the human body and its age.
Please note that children, pregnant women and the elderly suffer heavier food poisoning. They are more exposed to severe course and complications.
The main symptoms of food poisoning include:
- nausea with subsequent vomiting, which brings relief. In the vomit can see the remains of food eaten, which has not had time to digest. When re vomiting only bile and gastric juice;
- profuse diarrhea. The appearance and consistence of the stool depends on the cause of poisoning. So, with the salmonellosis they will be greenish and frothy, and in dysentery – watery, streaked with blood. The number of trips to the toilet can exceed 20 times per day. Repeated diarrhea leads to rapid dehydration;
- hyperthermia – raising body temperature. Intestinal infection it can grow to 39 degrees. The stronger the intoxication, the higher the temperature;
- abdominal pain can wear sharp or aching in nature. When inflammation of the gastric mucosa it is localized in the epigastric region of the abdomen, under the liver in the right upper quadrant. If as a result of poisoning suffers from the pancreas, the pain becomes acute and a wrap. With increased flatulence, bloating, intestinal colic occurs;
- headache, General weakness, dizziness – signs of intoxication syndrome;
- tachycardia – rapid heartbeat in which the heart rate exceeding 100-120 beats/min.
In severe poisoning, for example, in the case of eating poisonous varieties of fungi, develops in the Central nervous system. The patient may lose consciousness, to boot in a deep coma. It can cause hallucinations and convulsions (as in epilepsy).
Features diagnosis and treatment
The diagnosis of «food poisoning» and prescribe treatment can only be a qualified doctor, after collecting the anamnesis, inspection and examination of the body.
Remember that the treatment of food poisoning may be appointed only by a physician. Independently, randomly or on the advice of friends to buy some medicine and try to cure it at home is prohibited.
The symptoms of food poisoning are not specific, they are found in other pathologies. For example, temperature, vomiting, and diarrhea may begin as the flu, stomach pain and flatulence can be signs of acute pancreatitis.
To determine an accurate diagnosis and prescribing physician, you may require results of laboratory and instrumental examinations, such as:
- General complete blood count, which is required to identify intestinal or viral infection, parasitic infestation. The hematocrit (one of the indicators of this analysis) roughly determine the degree of dehydration;
- urinalysis helps to eliminate the kidney disease, which may occur on the background of intoxication with poisonous mushrooms. Acute pyelonephritis (inflammation of kidney tissue) may initially be manifested by diarrhea and fever;
- biochemical blood test helps identify kidney, liver, pancreas, abnormalities in electrolyte composition of blood;
- bacteriological stool cultures necessary for the diagnosis of intestinal infections;
- ultrasound examination of the internal organs helps to detect inflammation or external changes in the structure and shape of the liver, kidneys, pancreas, gall bladder.
Treatment of food poisoning in adults and children may occur in a hospital or at home. If the patient’s condition is stable, it is not hospitalitynet. A doctor appointed by the diet, the treatment, which a man should adhere to in the home.
Medication for food poisoning
What is the remedy for poisoning and diarrhea you can drink for recovery and withdrawal symptoms? All the pills are prescribed by the attending doctor, to choose their own medications is impossible. The doctor tells the patient what, how often and in what quantity he should take.
The doctor should specify the estimated cost of prescription drugs. As a rule, medicines are available in different price categories, with the same active ingredients. Sometimes, cheap tablets from food poisoning of domestic production are not worse than the imported drugs.
Please note that this article is for informational purposes only. On its basis it is impossible to decide which medicine to take and how to treat poisoning themselves and their family and friends.
The following are the main groups of drugs for poisoning, which can be used in the treatment.
Sorbents are used in all cases of food poisoning. They effectively and quickly cleanse the body from toxins and bacteria. Sorbents significantly reduce the intoxication syndrome and reduce the severity of diarrhea. After taking the nausea subsides, may be slightly reduced the body temperature in fever, caused by food toxins.
List of drugs in this group:
- activated carbon;
- white coal;
Doctors often recommended to drink for poisoning drugs from the group of enzymes. They are appointed for the regulation of digestion and discharge the pancreas. In severe intoxication the body difficult to digest food. Enzymes can be taken during meals. Can be used with the following medications:
- will innosim.
Antispasmodics administered to eliminate intestinal colic, and abdominal pain. They relieve spasms – the main causes of pain in cases of poisoning that occur due to increased formation of gases, flatulence.
Please note that the tablets from abdominal pain can be prescribed by a doctor after diagnosis. To relieve the pain by yourself is dangerous. Some surgical pathologies, e.g., acute appendicitis can mimic symptoms of poisoning. Taking pain medicine will lubricate the clinical picture and complicate the correct diagnosis.
The spasmolytics include the following drugs:
Antispasmodics can also be used when a malfunction of the gallbladder. They contribute to spasms in the bile ducts and improve the bile flow.
Pain medicine belonging to the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g., nimesil, diclofenac, dipyrone), in cases of poisoning are not used. They irritate the stomach lining and can lead to deterioration of the patient.
Antibiotics are indicated in cases of poisoning and vomiting caused by bacterial intestinal infection. They are appointed by the doctor after determining the diagnosis and laboratory examination of the patient.
Please note that antibiotics are effective in cases of poisoning, the cause of which were bacteria. Uncontrolled use of these medications can cause serious harm to the body.
Names of antibacterial drugs:
During antibiotic therapy strictly forbidden to take alcohol. Under the influence of alcohol bacteria become immune to antibiotics.
In the treatment of poisoning are not assigned to antiviral drugs. They are not effective for intestinal infection.
Vomiting is a protective reflex of the body, which the stomach alone detoxify. But in the case of acute food poisoning, vomiting may become a generous and indomitable, prevents a person to drink water and medicines. To stop it can be used antiemetic drugs (metoclopramide, reglan, osetron).
It is a good cure to eliminate nausea. They impact directly on the vomiting center, block the urge to vomit. Because of them people may begin to drink to replenish fluid loss.
Drugs for rehydration
The best cure for poisoning is fluid. Along with vomiting and diarrhea the body loses large amounts of water and minerals. When treating dehydration, you can drink plain or mineral water. You can also use the powder from poisoning – regidron. This drug is designed to replenish the body’s fluid.
It is used in the treatment at home and will replace the dropper. If the patient after the poisoning stopped vomiting, the doctor prescribes him rehydron as rehydration therapy. One sachet is diluted regidrona liter of water. During the day you can drink 2-3 liters of this solution.
Also presented in pharmacies its analogues: normalite, re-salt, regesa.
Medication for heartburn and stomach pain
Food poisoning can cause acute or chronic gastritis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach). It is manifested by heartburn, stomach pain, belching, indigestion.
For the treatment of gastritis doctor may be prescribed medication. Some of them should be used only during the onset of symptoms, such as almagelum, aluminium phosphate gel. They relieve heartburn quickly improve health.
The detection of gastritis with high acidity prescribers to normalize the pH of the stomach (omez omeprazole, de-Nol). These should be taken systematically.
Drugs to normalize intestinal microflora
Normally, the human gut inhabit the «good» bacteria, which play an important role in digestion and immunity. If poisoning is a violation of the bacterial composition, there is a dysbacteriosis. A doctor can be assigned the following drugs:
- Linex (linex);
Nutrition in the treatment of poisoning
Diet is very important in the treatment of poisoning. It helps to restore the health of the digestive system. A list of permitted and prohibited foods should be discussed with your doctor. When composing a diet, you should take into account the individual characteristics of each patient, his comorbidities (e.g., diabetes or food allergies).
Here are the basic rules of diet in cases of poisoning by food.
- During treatment, the food should be consumed often and in small portions. It is best to eat every 2 hours.
- The temperature of the food should be neutral. Hot and cold will irritate the stomach lining.
- Strictly forbidden to eat fried, spicy and fatty, drinking alcohol and carbonated drinks.
- It is best to cook steamed or boiled. After 5-7 days it is possible to diversify the diet of the patient braised or roasted dishes.
- When cooking you can use only vegetable oil, salt and sugar. From animal fats and hot spices should be discarded during treatment and recovery.
The list of permitted foods:
- chicken broth, cooked without spices;
- oat, rice and buckwheat porridge made with water;
- steamed vegetables
- baked apples;
- dried white bread;
- app cookies;
- lean meats and fish.
During treatment it is forbidden to eat fatty meats, chips, by-products, store products. Also it is necessary to refuse coffee, strong tea, fresh and store-bought juices, chocolate, confectionery.
Diet pills from food poisoning are prescribed by the attending physician. Self-medication is prohibited. The treatment chosen by the doctor based on examination of the patient, medical history and laboratory and instrumental examination. In mild poisoning people can take drugs at home, respecting the recommendation of the attending physician. In addition to taking medication, you need to stick to the diet. It helps the digestive system to recover and begin to operate fully.