Plant parthenocissus: poisonous or not

Poisonous or not girlish grapes

Parthenocissus is a decorative perennial plant that you can decorate garden, courtyard of a private house or gazebo in the courtyard of the flats. Another name for this vegetation – correlationsa Liana. This decorative grapes can grow as the sun, and in shade, do not require special care, but delicious berries too. Not all gardeners can answer the question, girlish grapes are poisonous or not. And this plant is indeed quite poisonous, especially the many toxic substances they contain berries. Even in the recipes of traditional medicine, where often there are poisonous plants, use only vine and occasionally berries. It is worth noting that the taste of the berries is just disgusting, so fans of such products is almost there.

General characteristics of plants

Maiden or wild grape has many varieties, they differ slightly leaves, but the berries are almost identical for all types. The berries grow on makeup brushes, as well as the normal grapes. They are dark purple color, with aging become almost black. In comparison with cultivars of grapes these berries are small, have an unpleasant and astringent taste. This plant is decorated by the household plots and dachas.

Some craftsmen make maiden grape bushes hedges. In this case the vine is beautifully woven on pre-made trellis.

Poisonous wild grapes

People spread rumors that the berries of wild grapes poisonous. This is true, if you eat just a handful of these berries, you can get poisoned, and the children intoxication occurs especially hard. The reason is that the composition of the vegetation present alkaloid, which are especially numerous in dark berries.

READ  How to remove toxicity in the home

Cases of poisoning are rare, as parthenocissus has nothing to do with real grape, but the name, the berries he sour and have an unpleasant taste. Poison can only be ignorance or negligence. These berries are not recommended. As you can cause significant damage to their health. After eating the berries of wild grape can be these disorders:

  • Nausea and vomiting;
  • Diarrhea;
  • Dizziness and dizziness;
  • Cramps;
  • Allergic reactions.

In addition, young children can climb high temperature. So the child’s body responds to the intake of toxic substances. In adults who have tried these berries rarely observed digestive disorders. Health problems can be only if eaten too much of this product.

With berries girlish grapes you can not cook compote or put wine, even when cooked they retain their harmful properties.

How to help if a child had eaten of berries

If a child accidentally ate berries, wild grapes, it is necessary to give first aid. To avoid health problems. Assistance takes place in several successive stages:

  • Artificially induce vomiting and wash out the stomach. For greater efficiency, give the victim to drink not clean water, and a suspension of activated carbon powder. The procedure can be performed as long as the waste water will not be completely clean;
  • Then give the adsorbent. It is better to use Enterosgel, which has a shielding property;
  • Be sure to give the victim an antihistamine to eliminate the development of allergies;
  • Give the child plenty to drink to quickly hatched residues of toxic substances.

After first aid is rendered, the baby set constant surveillance. If there was at least some violations of state should immediately consult the doctor.

READ  Overdose and poisoning garlic: symptoms, treatment

If harmful berries ate a child under the age of 3 years old, it’s got to get to the hospital or call a doctor at home.

Application of girlish grapes in folk medicine

Even this poisonous plant may be useful in the treatment of several diseases. In folk medicine used vine plants and leaves and almost never used berries. Infusions and decoctions from raw wild grapes are recommended by folk healers in such cases:

  • In diseases of the digestive tract;
  • Diarrhea;
  • To reduce the acidity of the stomach;
  • To raise the level of hemoglobin;
  • To improve metabolism in the body;
  • To improve the blood.

In addition, infusions of the twigs of grapes are used for the treatment of oncological diseases and to stop bleeding of different etiology.

Plant material the maiden grapes are widely used in Chinese traditional medicine.

Contraindications to treatment

Before you start treatment with decoction or tincture of the poisonous plants, you should definitely consult with your doctor. From these funds there are contraindications, which include:

  • Diabetes of all types;
  • Severe obesity;
  • Ulcers of the stomach and duodenum;
  • Chronic fermentation in the gut.

In addition, you cannot use any products made from this toxic vegetation for pregnant and lactating women.

Children’s treatment of folk remedies based on poisonous plants is strictly prohibited!

Parthenocissus is often used for beautification, fences, walls and arbors. The leaves of this plant are particularly attractive in autumn, at this time, they become red. In autumn the ripe clusters of berries, looking at that many people wonder if they can be there? To eat such products, as the pulp contains alkaloids that can cause severe poisoning.

MAXCACHE: 0.48MB/0.00067 sec