Poisoning fish symptoms and treatment at home

Symptoms of poisoning in fish and methods of treatment

Fish poisoning is a serious and dangerous condition that requires skilled medical care. Threat can be any fish, even fresh and properly cooked. In this article, we discussed the main reasons why it may be poisoning fish, as well as the symptoms, methods of diagnosis and treatment of this condition.

The causes of poisoning

Poisoning in fish can be caused by bacteria and toxins that have developed in it due to improper storage and preparation. Fresh, just caught fish may be infected with parasites and worms.

The following are the main reasons to develop fish poisoning:

  1. Eating fresh fish. Lately it has become fashionable to eat rolls and sushi, which included raw red fish.
  2. Cooking with stale, rotten fish.
    Failure to follow the rules when it comes to frozen fish. Fish should be frozen only 1 time.
  3. Re-freezing leads to the growth in it of pathogenic harmful bacteria. Please note that once the fish unfreeze, you need to immediately begin to heat treatment. Colonies of bacteria grow on it for half an hour.
  4. Improper storage or preparation of smoked and salted herring, mackerel. For example, many unscrupulous manufacturers when smoked using solutions that mimic the smell of smoke, and sell of crude, the herring, gobies or other fish.
  5. Eating poisonous varieties of fish, such as Fugu.

Do not think that the poisoning is only possible, fresh fish, this is a misconception. The poison can be even cooked or fried fishery products.

The main clinical manifestations of poisoning

The symptoms of fish poisoning develop during the first days. The speed of their development depends on the amount of toxins and putrefactive bacteria, which was in syedina dish.

Below are the main signs of poisoning the fish which was spoiled:

  1. Nausea and vomiting eaten. Vomiting brings temporary relief.
  2. Cramps and abdominal pain. At first the pain may be localized in the stomach, and then spread to the entire abdomen.
  3. Diarrhea. Chair becomes liquid, unformed.
  4. Belching, which can have a fishy smell.
  5. Flatulence.
  6. Substance-induced syndrome that manifests with fever, General weakness, body aches.
READ  Does the smectite heartburn

In the case of poisoning from toxic fish, the symptoms may begin to manifest immediately, within a few minutes or hours after a meal. Can develop the following symptoms:

  1. Violation of sensitivity in the hands and feet, numbness of the lips, tongue, face. These symptoms are typical of neurotoxic poison.
  2. Clouding of consciousness.
  3. Profuse watery diarrhea.
  4. Taste in mouth, metallic.
  5. Impaired coordination, speech.

What are the dangers of poisoning

Fish poisoning can lead to severe disorders in the whole organism. It is especially dangerous for children and the elderly. In this category of patients the body’s ability to fight infection.

For possible negative consequences of fish poisoning include:

  1. Toxic shock is a severe condition caused by effect on the body of toxins, selected pathogenic bacteria. A person develops tachycardia (quickened pulse), hypotension (falling blood pressure), disturbed consciousness. The patient may fall into a coma.
  2. Dehydration. This condition occurs due to profuse diarrhea and vomiting. It reduces body temperature (hypothermia), the skin becomes pale and flabby. The severe dehydration may lead to Multisystem organ failure and death. Children up to 3 years dehydration develops especially quickly, in just a few hours after the onset of symptoms of poisoning.
  3. Acute renal failure develops on the background of infectious-toxic shock. The kidneys cease to perform its function.
  4. Respiratory arrest can occur due to eating the poisonous fish.
  5. Acute gastritis may occur due to damage of the gastric mucosa by toxins. Manifested by epigastric pain, nausea, vomiting, heartburn.
  6. Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas). Thus the characteristic girdle pain, disorders of digestion, prolonged vomiting and nausea.

First aid for poisoning fish

From the correctly rendered first aid, depends on the forecast for health. Treatment of mild poisoning can be performed at home. Severe diseases, and poisoning from toxic fish are treated only in a hospital.

READ  Rotavirus is without fever and diarrhea in children

Below is detailed what to do in cases of poisoning by fish prior to arrival of the ambulance:

  1. First and foremost, you need to clean the stomach from possible residues of poor quality food or bacteria. For this you need to drink 1 liter of water, and snatch it. This procedure should be repeated several times.
  2. Wash the intestines using an enema. At home enema is done only plain, boiled water. The addition of drugs in an enema is prohibited. The water temperature should be room. Enema is performed before receiving clean water. A colonic will help flush toxins from the body.
  3. After washing the stomach and intestines, you need to give the poisoned person to drink. It is best to drink alkaline mineral water without gas, sweet black tea.
  4. The patient should be taken sorbents, e.g., Activated carbon, APSCO, Enterosgel, Sorbex, Smectite, White coal.

Please note that the appearance of the first symptoms of poisoning, immediately call the ambulance. Doctors of emergency medicine will be able to assess the severity of the patient’s condition, and say if they need hospitalization.

Further tactics of conducting the patient

Doctors from the ambulance, after examination of the patient, medical history, decide you want poisoned patient be hospitalized or not. In the case of severe condition of the patient, pronounced dehydration, disturbances of consciousness, required hospitalization in the hospital in the infectious diseases or intensive care unit. If poisoning poisonous fish treatment is a poison hospital.

If the patient is not at risk, treatment can be performed at home. Medication must be prescribed by a doctor. Self-medication can be hazardous to health and life of the patient. The treatment prescribed by infectious diseases physicians from the polyclinic or General practitioner.

Than to treat

Please note that the decision about taking any medication of the drug should be taken by the attending physician. Our article is for informational purposes only.

READ  The poisoning of food: treatment at home

Below in the table are considered treatment for poisoning fish mild, which can be performed at home:

The name of the method of treatment or group of drugs Description
Diet In the first days after poisoning you can eat:

  • dried white bread;
  • app cookies;
  • liquid rice or oatmeal.
Drinking regime To combat dehydration, you should drink 2-2. 5 liters of fluid. The first day is better to drink the alkaline drink (mineral water, sweet tea), on the second day is slightly acidified (fruit drinks, fruit drinks, water or tea with lemon).
Sorbents These drugs should be taken separately from other medications.
Antispasmodics When expressed pain syndrome can be used: Nosh-PA, Duspatalin, Spazmalgon.
Antibacterial drugs Are accepted with a bacterial intestinal infection. The duration of treatment by them is 5-7 days.
Enzymes Taken during meals, help the weakened digestive system to process the eaten. Drugs: Kreon, Mezim, Pankreatin.

For poisoning fish, the symptoms and treatment should be separated a minimum amount of time. Correctly provided first aid can save a life. With the development of the first signs of poisoning, you should immediately call the ambulance. While doctors go, you need to wash intestines and stomach, drink a patient, to give him the sorbents. Further treatment can be performed in the hospital or at home.

Self-medication can lead to serious complications and death.

MAXCACHE: 0.5MB/0.00100 sec