Poisoning melon – how to avoid the consequences
What to do if poisoned melon
Summer season the doctors associated with a large number of food poisoning. Most often it is not the fault of food, and the people who immoderately eat a variety of berries and vegetables are bored over the winter for the juicy, ripe fruit.
One of the most common diseases is the toxic poisoning melon. It is very easy to overeat and thus achieve disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. In addition, the melon tends to accumulate in their flesh is not only nutrients, but also various toxic chemicals and pathogens.
Causes of pathology
Is it possible to poison the usual melon and why is this happening? Modern farmers in the cultivation of gourds is often abused by a variety of fertilizers that contain dangerous for human organism substances – nitrates.
The human body is able to process the nitrates. Under the influence of catalysts and enzymes, they are dangerous compounds that are harmful to the circulation of oxygen in the blood. They significantly reduce its permeability, disturb the respiratory processes in tissues and cells, provoke oxygen deficiency – hypoxia. In patients suffering from cardiovascular disease such symptoms can significantly undermine well-being. Also the melon pulp can contain a variety of pesticides and catalysts earlier aging, negatively acting on the gastrointestinal tract.
In melon, melon as in any culture, are developing very well and breed harmful bacteria. They get inside due to improper storage of the fruit, leaving in the process of growth for too long lying on the ground. Waste products of these microorganisms provoke in melon decay and rot. Due to the use of such infected fruit occurs poisoning with melon.
How to distinguish poisoning from eating
Some may mistakenly take the usual overeating for poisoning. Like many melons, the melon has a laxative effect, however, forget about it. In the case of overeating often there are such symptoms:
- stomach heaviness and bloating;
- in rare cases, vomiting.
Under normal overeating will be enough to rest for a few hours and try not to abuse heavy to digest food. It should also refrain from physical activity.
After some time the unpleasant symptoms and discomfort held their own. You can offer the patient any adsorbent (filtrum STI, white coal) to soak up the excess enzymes and reduce the intensity of diarrhoea.
How to identify a poisoning
The usual melon poisoning symptoms can be different, depending on what triggered the toxic effects on the body.
- Microbial poisoning melon. Can manifest itself the same way as regular disruption of the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. Is expressed in difficulty of digestion, pain in the abdomen, especially in stomach, nausea and vomiting. Very often bacterial effects in humans is manifested in the increase in body temperature. The appearance of heat and vomiting means that the body is trying to fight off ingested by pests.
- Toxic poisoning, provoked by herbicides and nitrates. It is much heavier and slower, depending on what dose to harmful substances was adopted inside. Develops within 5-8 hours, depending on various individual factors of the organism of the sick. The patient suffers from vomiting, weakness, dizziness. Appears diarrhea dark brown is the main symptom of chemical poisoning. Poisons severely irritate the stomach, as a result there is a bitterness in the mouth. Ill lips and nails become bluish color because the nitrates have a negative impact on the blood vessels, and eyes due to poisoning cookies turn yellow. For the same reason, may appear a strong pain in the side, the yellowish hue of the skin and mucous membranes. In particularly severe cases, the patient gasps, loses consciousness for a short time, can not clearly Express their thoughts, he starts having convulsions.
In case of detection of signs of toxic poisoning what to do, what treatment and therapy for a speedy recovery to take – to decide the doctor based on the nature of pathology and the severity of the disease.
It is important to help the patient, because any poisoning is very dangerous as its complication – dehydration. The appearance of this symptom of a very detrimental effect on a person, leads to destruction of the cellular structure of vital organs and tissues. Recovery from dehydration is very long and requires constant monitoring of the doctor.
Treatment of poisoning with melon in mild cases the toxic effects will be the set of simple measures:
- Need to provoke vomiting to rid your body of toxic components remaining.
- To wash out the stomach with warm water or a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
- The patient is recommended to do a cleansing enema. The water should be cooler than the body temperature.
- Because medications should be the preferred absorbent means, preferably a liquid or gel consistency (smectite, enterosgel, use adsorbents) to the solid components are not injured irritated stomach and intestines.
- A few days after the poisoning, the patient is recommended to sit on a sparing diet, consisting of semi-liquid, safe for the digestion of food. You need to give up the sweet, salty, spicy, bad foods and junk food and go to completely neutral food.
- Recommended bed rest for 1-2 days.
- In order to rid your body of toxic substances and to eliminate the products of their reaction with enzymes of the stomach and intestines, the patient needs to drink plenty of warm water. To make up for the lost ions are useful for removing large amounts of fluid, ill have to make a solution of electrolytes (e.g., regidrona) during the recovery period.
- When the temperature of the body can use antipyretic.
If the treatment does not give a positive effect or there are signs of severe poisoning by nitrate or pesticides, you need to call the doctor immediately for action ambulance and hospitalization of the victim. If there are signs of poisoning melons in pregnant or nursing women, or child, it is recommended to call a doctor immediately, not trying to eliminate the symptoms alone.
In order to avoid poisoning, you should choose only high-quality, ripe produce and careful in their use. It is advisable to buy a melon in the last month of summer – early autumn, by which time the fruit will have time how to get there without the help of growth stimulating chemicals.