Poisoning of dairy products: symptoms, treatment
The symptoms and treatment of poisoning dairy products
Recently, the poisoning of dairy products ceased to be a rarity. And all because many products is very poor quality, stale, and generally find real milk (without antibiotics or other additives) is quite difficult. Therefore, buying such food, you must be prepared for a possible poisoning. But if the time to recognize poisoning and to take appropriate measures to avoid consequences.
Symptoms of poisoning dairy products
To determine the poisoning of butter or other dairy products on such symptoms:
- weakness and heavy sweating;
- diarrhea, cramping and colic in the abdomen;
- constant nausea and recurrent vomiting;
- temperature rise;
- signs of dehydration – thirst, dry mouth, dark yellow urine, dizziness;
- very loose stools (but without mucus and blood).
In some cases, there is severe pain in the abdomen, but not always. It is worth saying that the temperature rise with this poisoning it is not in all cases, but if the body is infected with enough of this symptom occurs. Then we need to take action.
These symptoms are found in other types of food poisoning. But if the patient shortly before the appearance of one of the symptoms accepted in food cream, sour cream, butter or anything else that is related to milk, then he was poisoned by these products.
The most important thing to do when food poisoning is to remove from the body the source. If the person is poisoned, for example, sour cream, she enters the gastrointestinal system and begins there to spread dangerous bacteria and infection. To improve the state needs to conduct a series of procedures:
- if a person is constantly sick, but to pull out, he can not, you should induce vomiting artificially (the easiest way to do this is to give him as much water as possible, to stick two fingers in your throat and move them);
Also vomiting can be triggered by means of a solution of potassium permanganate. Usually only two or three grains in one liter of water. This mixture should just drink, and then work the gag reflex. But this method should be used only in the most extreme cases!
- to clean the bowel using an enema, the water should be added two or three grains of manganese (this process is to introduce into the rectum the liquid enema, and then wait for the release of large amounts of fluid along with the contents of the stomach);
- enjoy a sorbent is a substance which absorbs the toxic substances out of the body with them (it can be activated carbon, smectite, etc.);
- in the case of chronic pain, you need to use Imodium, but no more than three times per day;
- make rehydron or any other tool that restores the water balance of the body (see dosage on the package);
- at elevated temperature to take antipyretic drugs.
Even if the patient will become easier, be sure to consult your doctor! Poisoning with sour cream or other dairy products – one of the most dangerous types of poisoning that can lead to pathologies. And they at home treatment can not.
What not to do
Even if the patient is given first aid and it became easier, particular attention should be paid to nutrition. In any case you cannot do the following:
- to provide the patient with a «heavy» foods – chocolate, flour products, bread, and all that is even theoretically can linger in the stomach and hard to digest;
- give the patient shakes, energy or sugary drinks;
- give him raw vegetables and fruits;
- to provide the patient with greens (dill, parsley, onions and the like) in any form;
- give the patient meals with lots of spices, salt or spices.
Instead, it is better to eat something light that digests quickly and without much harm to the stomach. It can be soup or porridge. You need to make the body just digested the food and got the nutrients and not to waste your energy to cope with food.
All of the above symptoms can return if you do not follow the above guidelines! It is advisable that the patient was sitting on such a diet at least a week after the poisoning.
The symptoms and first aid for poisoning in children
Those products which will not cause any harm to an adult, it can cause severe poisoning in a child. In any case, children have all the above signs of intoxication will come much faster. In particular, the dehydration can occur in the first 2-3 hours after taking dairy products. Also, in most cases, the temperature increase observed. Kids are much harder to tolerate all this, they have severe abdominal pain, and weakness ensues (in some cases children could not even sit, can only lie). Nausea will be expressed much more clearly.
But the treatment in this case remains unchanged. Differ only in dosage (they are usually indicated on the packaging of medicines). For example, activated carbon typically use 0.25 g (one tablet) per 10 kg of weight. The pharmacy should buy only those sorbents that are designed for children. At the same time to apply such aggressive measures like cleaning water with manganese must be used very carefully, so as not to cause the body too much stress.
Washing the body with manganese to children under five years old is strictly prohibited!
Better to do an enema with plain water. If the child is very small, it is necessary to bring to the hospital to make the treatment probe. In any case, it is better to consult a doctor and to call it home.
When the patient need to be hospitalized
In some cases, the patient should be immediately delivered to the er. Learn when you need to do one of the following:
- nausea and diarrhea do not undergo several days (after two, it is necessary to call the doctor!);
- worsening of the manifestations of dehydration, then you need to compensate for the loss of liquid with a dropper;
- unremitting fever and/or constant increase of temperature;
- the pain did not stop.
All of this suggests that the intestines or other organs of the gastrointestinal tract are still working properly and the body cannot get rid of the infection.
It is impossible to bring the patient to a state of shock! If any of these symptoms manifesting more than two days, call an ambulance.
Why poison dairy products very easily
Dairy products should be very careful. Summer ice cream poisoning is one of the first places on the prevalence among all types of poisoning. The main reasons for this are as follows:
- Poor hygienic conditions in places where animals are kept. There is often spread of a dangerous bacteria that are in milk products.
- Disease of the staff and the animals themselves. You might quite often face the fact that cows or goats do not check for the presence of mastitis or other diseases. The farm workers can be skin disease.
- Storing dairy products in improper conditions. Usually when storing milk, cream and other similar products, no one monitors the temperature, which leads to poisoning.
Very often dairy products can be contaminated with Staphylococcus and other microorganisms. And they damage cells of the intestine and cause all of the above processes associated with poisoning.
Prevention of poisoning
To avoid poisoning of dairy products, need to adhere to these simple rules:
- If you buy such food in the store, be sure to check the expiration date and choose only the shops tested and proven brand.
- If you buy such food in the markets, from private vendors is also try to choose only reliable suppliers.
To check the honesty of the seller, buy him a liter of milk and leave it for a few days. If it doesn’t turn sour, it means that it has antibiotics and to use such a product impossible.
- Store such products in compliance with the required temperature. For example, for milk the critical temperature is about 5 degrees. It is advisable to store them in the refrigerator and not longer than specified on the package.
- When purchasing, pay attention to the tightness of the packing. For example, cheese wrapped in normal plastic bag, it is better not to buy.
- If possible, you need to boil. The next applications should be reheated.
Also, never buy dairy products, which supposedly can be stored for more than four days! It’s practically a guarantee of poisoning. Be careful when you purchase everything connected with milk. The only way to avoid poisoning. If you still bumped into him, it is best to consult a doctor.