POLYSORB while breastfeeding
Safety of using POLYSORB while breastfeeding
After giving birth a woman’s body is weakened, reduced the protective functions of the immune system. Lactation increases the risk of infection. Also poor quality products or not following the rules of personal hygiene can lead to poisoning. When choosing methods of treatment in women raises questions about the safety of drugs. POLYSORB breastfeeding quickly and gently removes toxic substances from the body, with no negative impact on the body nursing mothers.
The purpose and the pharmacological effect of the drug
POLYSORB – is a sorbent. Base material – silicon that can absorb toxic particles, bind them and retain on its surface. The drug is not transformirovalsya in the intestine, does not form chemical complexes. Excreted from the body through the intestine unchanged.
POLYSORB neutralizes the toxins of pathogenic bacteria, allergens, toxic chemicals, poisons, products of cellular metabolism, excess biologically active substances (enzymes, hormones, urea, bile, cholesterol).
The drug improves the transport of biological fluids in the body – blood, lymph. Due to the osmotic properties contributes to the reverse absorption of toxins from the blood in the intestinal mucosa and further evacuates them from the body.
The drug does not penetrate into the bloodstream and breast milk. The primary action is detoxification, occurs within 15-20 minutes after ingestion. POLYSORB available in the form of powder for suspension preparation, ingested.
In some cases, POLYSORB prescribed for breastfeeding women
The drug is a multipurpose enterosorbent. POLYSORB in HS appoint in such cases:
- poisoning mild poor quality, stale food;
- intestinal infection – Staphylococcus, Salmonella, E. coli, dysentery;
- eating foods that caused allergies in breastfeeding women or children;
- functional disorders of the digestive system – reflux of bile into the stomach, occasional vomiting or diarrhea of unknown origin;
- elimination of overdose or side effects of drugs;
- liver disease associated with high production of bilirubin breakdown products of nitrogen;
- chronic disease of the kidneys;
- thermal burns of 2-3 degrees, associated with fluid loss;
- purulent inflammatory processes in the body, causing a General intoxication;
- intestinal dysbiosis.
POLYSORB advantage is that it is a drug of new generation. It takes effect almost immediately after ingestion. Effect in comparison with other sorbents, such as activated carbon, much higher, more than 100 times. The drug does not affect beneficial microflora in the gut, not washes it. The sorption area of a material is 300 m2 per gram.
Ways of drug intake in nursing mothers
POLYSORB breastfeeding prescribed to women in different schemes, depending on the diagnosis, intensity of symptoms.
- The recommended standard dose for food poisoning, accompanied by diarrhea, nausea and vomiting is 1-2 tablespoons per 100-150 ml of water. Before use the powder should be thoroughly mixed in a glass of water to dissolve the granules. Prior to each use to prepare a fresh solution. POLYSORB take 3 times a day between meals. The availability of food in the stomach reduces the activity of the drug. Average daily intake for lactating women should not exceed 6 g.
- In cases of acute intestinal infection polirom appoint another diagram. The first 5-7 hours after the onset of the disease woman needs to drink the suspension after each act of defecation. The daily dose is increased to 12 g. On the second day the number of doses of the drug reduced to 4. The duration of therapy is 3-5 days.
- If, during lactation woman fell ill with severe infectious disease, or poisoned with highly toxic substances, the daily dose of Polisorb for intake is increased to 20 during this period, you can’t breast feed. Milk you need to pump, and temporarily take the baby to artificial feeding. The ineffectiveness of the reception of the sorbent inside, the woman is prescribed intravenous detoxification solutions.
- In food Allergy POLYSORB take immediately before meals, course of treatment lasts until the complete disappearance of allergic reactions – skin redness, rash, itching. Also, the sorbent is prescribed for recurrent allergic diseases – urticaria, pollinosis, atopy.
- If a woman has an exacerbation of liver disease, take the drug can be 7-10 days.
- In cases of poisoning drugs, nursing mother washed stomach solution POLYSORB, 1 tablespoon to 1 liter of water. Then for 2-3 days take inside the sorbent according to the standard scheme.
- If lactating women, history of chronic renal failure, acute POLYSORB prescribed course of 1 month. The drug helps the kidneys to regulate the level of urea in the blood and excrete it from the body. Systematic reception of the sorbent leads to a deficiency of calcium in the body. So the woman additionally prescribe vitamin complexes.
In the treatment Polisorba need to drink plenty of fluids, up to 2-2. 5 liters per day.
Contraindications to the use in lactating women
POLYSORB during pregnancy is safe for women and for child. In rare cases with prolonged use may develop constipation. Individual intolerance of silicon also uncommon. If a woman has any symptoms of hypersensitivity to the drug – light allergic reactions, nausea, urge to vomit, the medication should be discontinued.
Poison the cure is almost impossible. And an overdose does not affect the growth and development of the baby.
Contraindications POLYSORB during breastfeeding:
- ulcers disease stomach and duodenal ulcers;
- erosive processes in the intestines;
- systematic constipation;
- intestinal obstruction;
- bleeding from different parts of the gastrointestinal tract.
If a breastfeeding woman takes other drugs, POLYSORB can reduce their biological activity. Therefore, the sorbent you need to drink 2 hours before or after ingestion of essential medicines.
POLYSORB breast-feeding is completely safe. It is prescribed not only nursing mothers, but pregnant women, newborns. Lactation is a special time that requires women of responsibility for their own health and the baby’s life. Therefore, before taking Polisorb, it is better to consult with a family doctor.