Regidron of pregnancy: instructions for use
Regimen regidrona during pregnancy
A woman’s body during pregnancy is more vulnerable and susceptible to negative influence of external factors – infection, toxic and irritating substances. Any illness that is associated with the rise in body temperature, eating poor quality food leads to dehydration. To stop this process and to fill the water-salt balance, prescribe special remedies for oral rehydration. Regidron of pregnancy is safe for most women and for the unborn child.
What is regidron, indications
Rehydron – designed to replenish fluids and electrolytes (salts) in the body. The drug is available in powder form for preparation of salt solution.
- sodium chloride (salt) – adjusts the state of the internal environment of the organism and pathological loss of fluid;
- potassium chloride (potassium salt of hydrochloric acid) normalizes the acid-alkaline balance and intracellular pressure, prevents the development of intoxication;
- sodium citrate (salt of citric acid) – reduces acidity, prevents the development of acidosis;
- dextrose (a monosaccharide isomer of glucose) – removes toxins, improves metabolic processes in the body.
Regidron for pregnant women as shown in disorders of fluid and electrolyte balance. Signs of dehydration of the organism in which it is necessary to use regidron – diarrhea, vomiting, increased body temperature, heavy sweating, dry mouth, constant thirst. A distinctive symptom of dehydration in pregnant women is a sense of constant malaise and muscle weakness.
Pathological conditions during pregnancy, which is prescribed:
- acute intestinal infections (gastroenteritis);
- the use of heavy or bad food, overeating;
- overdose of medicines;
- morning sickness in the first trimester;
- poisoning with chemical substances, poisonous mushrooms.
How dangerous is the fluid deficit in the body of a pregnant woman
Dehydration during pregnancy can lead to negative consequences of varying severity. In the loss of water significantly reduces the volume of amniotic fluid – harm where the child is in the period of intrauterine growth. It is a pathological condition which leads to a decrease in fetal weight, shrinkage. The consequences of a congenital defect, miscarriage, stillbirth, complications of birth, premature delivery.
Lack of water in woman’s body leads to disruption of metabolic processes in the placenta. As a result of disrupted trophic (feeding) of the fetus, oxygen supply, leading to slowing or stopping growth and development of the child.
Dehydration of the body washed away the useful minerals that are necessary for the full development of the fetus. To fill this gap and prevent the undesired loss of water, it is necessary to take regidron during pregnancy.
Regimen regidrona in different periods of pregnancy
In the instructions for use regidrona serious limitations no. If the drug is taken according to the recommended scheme, overdose is unlikely. Of the side effects in rare cases may develop hypersensitivity to the drug. Condition pregnant stabiliziruemost immediately after the cancellation.
In the first trimester of pregnancy
Regidron of pregnancy in the early stages is not harmful for fetal development. It is prescribed according to the General scheme of treatment. To prepare the solution you need to take a liter of boiled (cooled) or purified water and dissolve it in a bag of powder. The finished drink can be drunk warm.
If a woman has morning sickness, constant nausea and the urge to vomit, regidron need to drink in small SIPS to avoid sharp contractions of the stomach.
How to take the drug:
- Diarrhea. Depending on the severity of the dehydration, the daily dose ranges from 1.5 to 2.5 l of solution. The average course of treatment 3-4 days. Stop taking regidrona immediately after the disappearance of the diarrhea.
- At high temperature, the chills, the daily amount is 1-1,5 L. the treatment for 1-2 days until complete relief of symptoms. Drink the solution need small amounts every 30 minutes.
- Poisoning. The daily dose prescribed by your doctor based on the severity of the General condition, the volume of fluid lost and underweight pregnant.
In the second trimester of pregnancy
The second pregnancy is relatively calm and stable time in a woman’s life. 4-6 months of pregnancy is morning sickness, the body’s defenses are strengthened. A woman is less subject to external influences of infectious agents.
If there is a need for taking regidrona, the treatment the doctor determines individually for each patient.
In the third trimester of pregnancy
The third pregnancy is associated with the rapid growth of the fetus. At this time, pregnant women often develop a condition associated with a heavy load on the kidneys – swelling of hands and feet.
Swelling can be physiological, when a woman’s body accumulates salt, which in turn retains fluid in the body. Pathological swelling associated with disruption of the internal organs. Therefore, in the third trimester receiving regidrona must be agreed with the doctor, and treatment should be under constant control, body weight, General parameters of urine and blood.
The last time the persistent feeling of thirst is not a reason to uncontrolled fluid intake. This symptom could indicate diabetes pregnant women. The cause of this condition women is a sharp change of a hormonal background that leads to excess glucose in the blood. In this case, from taking regidrona should be abandoned, as the drug contains dextrose.
Contraindications to the use of regidrona pregnant
The use of the drug is contraindicated in these conditions:
- the weakened state of women, disorders of fetal development (delayed fetal development);
- disruptions of metabolic and hormonal processes;
- expressed gestosis (late toxicosis, accompanied by edema, high blood pressure, seizures, deficiency of protein in the body);
- serious condition of pregnancy – eclampsia;
- the kidney disease;
- violation of intestinal permeability;
- infectious disease – cholera.
Rehydron is a safe remedy for dehydration during pregnancy. The drug has advantages over their counterparts. It does not cause severe side effects, does not affect the process of growth and development of the child. Using regidrona quickly it reaches water-salt balance in the body pregnant.