Sodium thiosulfate for detoxification: instructions for use
Features of cleansing the body by using sodium thiosulfate
Sodium thiosulfate (sodium thiosulfate is an) is a drug designed to remove toxicity and treat certain types of poisoning. He is able to cleanse the body from heavy metals, chemicals. Some doctors use sodium thiosulfate to cleanse the body of toxins. In this article we discussed this method of purification, gathered indications and contraindications to its conduct, possible complications, benefits and harms of cleansing the body with this medication.
The description of the drug
Sodium thiosulfate is a drug belonging to the group of chelating agents or antidotes. Another name – hyposulphite of sodium. It is widely used in toxicology, neurology, gynecology and intensive care.
Remember that use of the drug sodium thiosulfate only after consultation with your doctor. Most often, the treatment is carried out in the conditions of the hospital. Self-medication can be not only ineffective, but dangerous.
Sodium thiosulfate has a complex mechanism of action. He is able to find the body of poisons and toxins, accumulated in various organs and tissues to neutralize, bind and remove.
The drug has the following effects on the body:
- eliminates itching;
- stops the development of acute allergic conditions;
- eliminates toxicity;
- eliminates toxins.
Method of production
Sodium thiosulfate can be taken orally, administered parenterally in the IVS and injections, apply to broken and inflamed skin. The drug has the following products:
- The solution for injection is for intravenous or intramuscular administration. It can also be used topically in the treatment of certain dermatological diseases. For respiratory poisoning solution used for inhalation. On sale in pharmacies you can find sodium thiosulfate 60% and 30%. They differ from each other in texture and amount of active substance in 1 ml solution.
- Pills. This forms of issue is intended for outpatient treatment of patients. The drug sodium thiosulfate tablets are administered orally according to the dose specified in the annotation to the medication.
- The powder is used for preparation of solution for oral administration.
The drug can be prescribed to treat large number of diseases. Most often it is one component of therapy and included in the therapeutic schemes. Indications for use of hyposulphite of sodium:
- Acute or chronic poisoning with mercury, arsenic, cyanide, bromine, salts of iodine, lead, prussic acid.
- Various neuritis and neuralgia.
- Arthritis different etiology and severity.
- Acute and chronic allergic diseases.
- Polycystic ovarian lose.
- Some types of infertility.
Before prescribing the drug the doctor collects the medical history details and trying to identify all conditions under which medication should not be used.
Contraindications of sodium thiosulfate include:
- Allergy and individual intolerance to the active substance or component is included in the product;
Ingest sodium thiosulfate kids risky. According to the instructions for use, information on the use of this medicine in children no. For children 3 years and older you can apply it topically for scabies and atopic dermatitis, but only after consultation with the pediatrician.
In pharmacies you can find analogues of sodium thiosulfate. They have similar toxic effects on the body. These include:
Not all analogues can be used to clean the body. The choice of drugs requires consultation with a doctor.
Is it possible to detox using sodium thiosulphate
Method of purification using sodium thiosulfate is experimental and does not have a large evidence base. It was proposed to carry out a PhD Valentina Kandaurova. Some doctors, interested in this innovative method of cleaning the body, began to enter it into their practices.
Remember that the cleansing and treatment with sodium thiosulphate should be under the supervision of a physician. The patient may be in hospital or at home.
Why use hyposulphite of sodium in conducting the cleansing of the body? First and foremost, the detox program with the use of this drug aimed at restoring the structural and functional units of the liver, hepatocytes. It is through this body pass toxins and poisons trapped in the body. Liver flush with sodium thiosulphate shows good results.
The expected effects of the cleaning of the body using sodium thiosulfate:
- The improvement in skin color. People are missing the dark circles under the eyes, the skin acquires a healthy look.
- The disappearance of the edema.
- Strengthening the immune system, making people less sick colds viral diseases and influenza.
- The appearance of vitality, improved mood.
- A reduction in the frequency episodes of headaches and migraines.
- The strengthening of nails and hair.
- Improvement of the locomotor apparatus.
Speaking about side effects and effects, it should be noted that the drug is generally well tolerated by patients. The only drawback is the indulgence of the chair throughout the period of cleansing the body. This phenomenon develops due to the release of intestinal toxins.
Purification using sodium thiosulfate is absolutely contraindicated in the presence of diabetes and cancer. Also, this procedure can not be done to children and adolescents, pregnant and lactating women.
Who is this cleaning
Body cleansing by using sodium thiosulfate can be conducted by anyone, no contraindications to taking this drug. Poor quality food, adverse environmental conditions, Smoking, alcohol adversely affect the condition of the body and lead to the accumulation in it of waste, toxins, salts of heavy metals.
According to research by doctors, purification using sodium thiosulfate is especially effective in people with the following health problems:
- fibroids of the uterus;
- chronic allergic disease;
- pathology of the liver;
- bronchial asthma.
How to take the drug
Ingest the sodium sulfate should be for 10 days, should adhere to the dosage prescribed by your doctor.
To clean the body uses the sodium sulfate in the ampoule. They do not need to type in the IVS or injections. To cleanse the contents of the vial is diluted with water and ingested according to the dosage prescribed by your doctor.
The daily dose can be taken 1 or 2 times. Doctors recommend to drink the medication at the same time of day, to get the body used to it and got ready for the cleansing. If people take the whole daily dose at once, to do it better in the evening before bedtime.
During the cleaning of the body using sodium thiosulfate should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages. This drug is not to combine with alcohol.
- Try to smoke less.
- Eat often in small portions. The size of a single serving should not exceed his fist. Food should be light and healthy, fortified. You can eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, cereals, lean meat and fish, eggs. But from fatty, fried and smoked should be abandoned.
- For the period of cleansing, stay away from coffee, carbonated beverages, flour, sweet. Also, do not eat chips, popcorn, fast food.
- Walk more, are in the fresh air. Gymnastics and sports will improve your health and speed up the cleansing process.
- Try to sleep at least 7-8 hours a day. It is a healthy sleep helps the body heal and cleanse.
- Drink plenty of fluids. The day you should drink at least two liters of plain carbonated table water. The liquid involved in all metabolic processes and accelerates them.
- Track the status of your health and listen to your body. In the case of ill health, immediately stop taking the drug and seek medical help.
Sodium thiosulfate – a drug widely used for the treatment of acute poisonings and intoxications caused by chemicals and poisons. It can also be used to cleanse the body, especially positively it affects the liver. You can take it only after consultation with your doctor. Self-medication can be not only ineffective, but also deadly.