Solar radiation and its effect on the human body
The influence of solar radiation on human
Speaking about the impact of the sun on the human body, it is impossible to determine the harm or benefit it brings. The sun’s rays is as kilocalories obtained from the food. Their deficiency leads to depletion and in excess amounts they cause obesity. So in this situation. Moderate amount of solar radiation has a positive effect on the body, whereas excess ultraviolet radiation provokes the appearance of burns and the development of numerous diseases. Let’s see more.
Solar radiation: the total effects on the body
Solar radiation is a combination of ultraviolet and infrared waves. Each of these component parts in its own way affects the body.
The influence of infrared radiation:
- The main feature of infrared rays – they create a thermal effect. The heating body contributes to the expansion of blood vessels and normalize blood circulation.
- Heat has a relaxing effect on the muscles, providing easy anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect.
- Under the influence of heat increases the metabolism, normalize the processes of assimilation of biologically active components.
- The infrared radiation of the sun stimulates the brain and visual apparatus.
- Due to solar radiation synchronizes the biological rhythms of the body start modes of sleep and wakefulness.
- Treatment warmth of the sun improves the condition of skin and eliminates acne.
- Warm light lifts the mood and improves emotional background of a person.
- But the latest research also improves the quality of sperm in men.
Despite all the debate about the negative influence of ultraviolet radiation on the body, its lack can lead to serious health problems. This is one of the vital factors of existence. And the shortage of UV light in the body begin to occur, such changes:
- In the first place weakens the immune system. This is due to the violation of absorption of vitamins and minerals, disruption in metabolism at the cellular level.
- There is a tendency to development of new or the exacerbation of chronic diseases, most often occurring complications.
- Marked lethargy, chronic fatigue syndrome, reduced level of efficiency.
- The lack of ultraviolet light for children prevents the production of vitamin D and causes the slowdown.
However, you need to understand that excessive solar activity will not benefit the body!
Contraindications to sunbathing
Despite all the benefits of sunlight to the body, not everyone can afford to enjoy the warm rays. Contraindications include:
- acute inflammatory processes;
- tumors, regardless of their place of location;
- progressive tuberculosis;
- angina, coronary artery disease;
- endocrine pathology;
- damage to the nervous system;
- dysfunction of the thyroid and adrenal glands;
- diabetes mellitus;
- uterine fibroids;
- the recovery period after surgery.
In all cases, the active rays will aggravate the disease, provoking the development of new complications.
Do not get carried away by the sun and the elderly, breast kiddies. For these categories of population are shown treatment with sunlight in the shade. The required dose safe heat there will be enough.
The negative impact of the sun
The exposure time of infrared and ultraviolet waves should be strictly limited. Excessive solar radiation:
- can provoke deterioration of the General condition of the body (so-called thermal shock due to overheating);
- negatively affect the skin, they can cause persistent changes;
- impairs vision;
- triggers hormonal disruptions in the body;
- can trigger the development of allergic reactions.
So time lying on the beach during periods of maximum solar activity cause a lot of damage to the body.
To obtain the necessary portion of light is sufficient a twenty-minute walk on a Sunny day.
The influence of the sun on the skin
Excessive amounts of solar radiation leads to serious skin problems. In the short term, you’re at risk for burns or dermatitis. This is the smallest problem that you may face, fascinated by the sun on a hot day. If this situation is repeated with enviable regularity, the sun’s radiation will be the impetus to the formation of malignant tumors in skin melanoma.
In addition, UV exposure dehydrates the skin, making it thin and sensitive. But permanent residence under the direct rays accelerates the aging process, causing the appearance of early wrinkles.
In order to protect themselves from negative influence of solar radiation is enough to observe simple security measures:
- In summer, always use sunscreen? Applying it to all exposed areas of the body including the face, arms, legs and chest area. The icon of SPF on the packaging – this is the same UV protection. And the degree will depend on the figures indicated next to the abbreviation. For shopping suitable cosmetics with SPF 15 or SPF 20. If you plan to spend time at the beach, use special products with higher rates. For children’s skin perfect cream with maximum protection SPF 50.
- If necessary, a longer stay on the street with a maximum intensity of solar radiation, wear clothes made of light fabrics with long sleeves. Be sure to wear a hat with a wide brim to cover the delicate skin of the face.
- Control the duration of sunbathing. The recommended time is 15-20 minutes. In the case of a longer stay on the street, try to hide from direct sunlight in the shade of the trees.
And remember that in summer the solar radiation affects the skin at any time of day, except night hours. You may not feel clear heat from infrared wavelengths, but the ultraviolet light maintains a high level of activity both in the morning and afternoon.
Negative impact on vision
The effect of sunlight on the visual apparatus is enormous. Indeed, thanks to the light rays we receive information about the world around us. Artificial lighting in some way may be an alternative for natural light, but in terms of reading and writing by lamplight increases the strain on the eyes.
Speaking of the negative impact on man and the sight of sunlight, means eye damage with prolonged exposure to the sun without sunglasses.
Of discomfort that you may face, you can highlight cutting pains in the eyes, redness, photophobia. The most serious defeat retinal burn. It is also possible to dry the skin, formation of wrinkles.
To preserve vision in the period of active sun will help these tips:
- Wear the sunglasses. At the time of purchase in the first place, pay attention to the degree of protection. The image model often slightly obscure the light, but do not prevent the penetration of ultraviolet radiation. It is therefore recommended to postpone the bright rim and make a choice in favor of quality lenses.
- Make sure that the person did not get the direct rays. Are in the shade, wear a hat, cap or other headwear with a visor.
- Don’t look at the sun. If you do not feel discomfort, it does not speak about the safety of this undertaking. Even in winter the sun is enough activity to provide a vision problems.
Is there a safe time of year
The use of solar radiation as a Wellness treatment – a common practice. Overexposure to the ultraviolet rays that heat belongs to the category of strong stimuli. And abuse of these benefits you can earn serious problems.
Tanning is melanin. Or to be more precise, a protective reaction of the skin to the stimulus.
And if dangerous radiation from the sun at any time of the year? It is difficult to give a definite answer. Everything will depend not so much on the seasons, but from geographic location. So, in the middle latitudes of the activity of solar radiation increases by 25-35% in the summer. Therefore, recommendations to stay on the street on a clear day, apply only to the summer season. In winter, the inhabitants of these regions the ultraviolet radiation is not in danger.
But the inhabitants of the equator with direct sunlight face all year round. Therefore, the probability of a negative impact on the body is present in both summer and winter. The inhabitants of Northern latitudes in this respect more fortunate. After all, with distance from the equator changes the angle of incidence of sunlight on the earth, and with it the activity of the radiation. Length of heat waves increases and simultaneously decreases the amount of heat (energy loss). Hence winter all year round, as the surface of the earth is not enough heat to warm up.
Solar radiation is the friend of our body. But do not abuse this friendship. Otherwise, the consequences can be very serious. Just enjoy the warmth, not forgetting about safety precautions.