Stomach pain and nausea: causes, first aid and treatment
Why is it stomach pain and nausea
Any painful symptoms that periodically disturb the person talking about the malfunction of internal organs. Stomach pain and nausea rarely cause a person to quickly go to the hospital, often such as is debited to a banal food poisoning, who are trying to cure at home. This approach to your health can be very dangerous, as sometimes these symptoms are the first signals to what develops a dangerous disease that has nothing to do with errors in the diet.
Nausea is a natural reaction or a symptom of a disease
Persistent nausea is not always a symptom of a dangerous disease. In many cases, the nausea is a perfectly normal reaction to the preceding events. The main physiological causes of nausea are:
- strong overeating;
- the big time gap between meals;
- in women of childbearing age pregnancy. This condition does not require specific therapy and completely goes away after the baby is born.
If stomach aches and feel sick after a holiday feast, where immensely consumed not only food, but also alcoholic beverages, it also refers to the physiological state. The discomfort caused due to indigestion, which need to work with a big load to digest fatty and heavy food.
When nausea, stomach pain, and weakness are signs of pathological processes in the digestive organs or liver, then wait for reduction without complex treatment is not necessary. Some of the disease that occur with severe pain in the stomach and vomiting are chronic and require prolonged surveillance of a specialist.
Certain pathologies are treated not only with medication, but require urgent surgical intervention – acute appendicitis and tumor. This dangerous disease is preceded by not only the constant nausea, and pain in the abdomen.
The nature of the pain syndrome
The pain differs in its character and depends on the severity of the pathological process, which occurs in the body. There are such types of pain in the abdomen and stomach:
- Sharp cramping pain. Typically occur when irregularities in the digestive system.
- Acute pain is characteristic of gastritis and stomach ulcers.
- Constant pain whining character – characterized by damage to the mucous walls of the stomach, under normal acidity.
- Very severe pain – appear when the gall bladder, intestine, or pancreas.
- Sharp pain, the center of which is located in the upper abdomen.
- A burning pain appears in acute gastritis or the inflammation of the small intestine.
- Spamooborona sharp pain is in the chronic ulcer.
- A feeling of heaviness in the abdomen, which is accompanied by arching the pain is characteristic of inflammation of the mucosa of the stomach wall.
- The pain cannot be tolerated – it occurs when the ulcer perforation.
If you experience stomach pains and feel sick, it could be signs of many diseases. Correct diagnosis can only physician-gastroenterologist after a series of tests and research.
It is not recommended to self-medicate and start to drink the medicine only on the advice of friends. This may smooth the symptoms of the underlying disease and worsen the condition.
Causes of pain in stomach and nausea
If it is very much felt pain in my stomach and feel sick, this can be caused by many reasons. To provoke this condition may be as late lunch, and a variety of cancer tumors:
- When an active person is sick and worried about the stomach pain – it can be a regular physical overexertion. With this situation at least once in life faced by every person. When it seems to be after heavy work should have a good appetite, but not only there, but also nauseated.
- Prolonged stress can also trigger stomach pain and persistent nausea. To treat this condition is not necessary, it is sufficient to adjust the emotional stress and everything will be back to normal.
- Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and belching can cause poor quality food. Gastrointestinal tract colonized by disease organisms that are on the walls of the digestive organs.
- If after eating, stomach aches and feel sick, it can be suspected acute gastritis. The pain often occurs after eating spicy or fatty foods. In addition to pain, may be vomiting, heartburn and violation of defecation.
- Peptic ulcer disease is accompanied by frequent bleeding. The blood may be in vomitus and in feces. In addition to the stomach pain and nausea, often troubled by sour belching and lack of appetite.
- In pancreatitis there is severe spasms in the stomach that signal the inflammation of the pancreas. In poor condition may need surgical intervention, without which man will die.
- Polyps on the walls of the stomach first do not manifest themselves, but with the growth of begin to ache and whine. The pain may be so strong that will give a scapula and lower back. The patient was worried about the unstable chair, drooling and belching.
- In appendicitis there is a sharp pain right at the bottom, which is constantly growing. On examination, the patient you notice coated tongue and pale skin. The temperature is raised, there is nausea and vomiting.
If you suspect appendicitis, you must call an ambulance. This disease is not treated in normal home! To prevent the development of peritonitis, shows emergency surgery.
Constant stomach pain may indicate the development of cancer. If people long to go to the doctor, it can cause serious complications and even death. For each stage of the cancers typical of their signs. If at first it’s just nausea, belching and pain in the stomach, then the situation is getting worse. The patient was worried about the obstruction of food, regurgitation and a significant increase in the first symptoms.
The earlier a person with cancer went to the hospital, the greater the chance of a full recovery!
When you need to urgently call an ambulance
Sometimes there are situations that discomfort in the stomach accompanied by other symptoms requires urgent assistance of qualified physicians. Such situations include States:
- Stomach pain and nausea increasing. Pain well-defined, cutting character. In addition, there is sour belching and heartburn.
- Greatly increased temperature, and before this there were abdominal pain, bloating and nausea
- Vomit look atypical. They visible fresh blood blotches, after vomiting in my mouth felt bitter.
- Pregnant women, in addition to stomach pain, there is pain below the stomach. Observed dizziness, weakness and a burning sensation in the esophagus.
- The man complained of stomach pain, and then abruptly turned pale and lost consciousness.
In all of these situations, you can’t lie down at home and wait until the pain subsides. The patient was taken to the hospital on their own or call an ambulance. Only a doctor after a thorough examination will decide what to do first.
What not to do until the ambulance arrived
Trying to give first aid to your loved one, many people make mistakes that only aggravate the condition. So, until the doctor has categorically forbidden such therapeutic measures:
- It is impossible to heat or cool the stomach area with warmers and bubbles with ice – it will lead to a strong inflammation.
- It is not recommended to drink painkillers in order not to smooth out the clinical picture of the disease. When the pain is absolutely unbearable, you can take just one pill shpy.
- Do not RUB or massage the location which is the source of pain. Such actions can cause rupture of internal organs and to the spread of toxic substances throughout the body.
Most often, when the self state of a person deteriorates significantly, and the disease gives many unpleasant complications. To avoid this, do not neglect the emergency call.
For quick recovery you need to follow a number of recommendations, which are simple, but very effective. This can be done in anticipation of the doctor:
- Whether the patient is put to bed and covered. It needs to lie on his side so as not to choke on vomit.
- Remove all pressure things with the stomach and belly – bands, belts, tight pants and shirts. Nothing should hinder breathing.
- Give the patient plenty to drink. As a drink suitable sweet tea, better green, juice or weak rice water.
- Man with pain in the stomach to provide a fractional food diet. If no appetite, then get to eat is not worth it.
When the background of abdominal pain, greatly increased temperature, is allowed until the doctor to give a pill of paracetamol. If the body temperature exceeds 38 degrees, it down is not necessary.
Treatment of stomach pain
To cure diseases of the stomach and digestive tract, the doctor prescribes some medicines, based on diagnosis and severity of disease. Most often conduct therapy, and prescribe such medicines:
- enzymes to improve digestion – CREON, festal, Mezim or;
- bactericidal products – omez, Maalox or gel;
- antibacterial drugs, depending on the identified type of the pathogen;
- adsorbents to quickly remove the symptoms of intoxication – the activated coal, enterosgel, POLYSORB or;
- antispasmodics – analgin-but-shpu, drotaverin or;
- certain bile products.
A gastroenterologist will select a number of drugs that will be most effective in a particular case. Mindlessly meds is not worth – it to anything good will not.
Folk remedy for stomach pain and nausea
Your doctor may recommend several effective popular recipes that will allow you to get rid of abdominal discomfort:
- Brew and drink a decoction of the leaves of plantain, 3 times a day for weeks.
- Mix honey with cinnamon and eat three times a day on a teaspoon.
- Sleep 0.5 kg of fresh dandelion flowers 1 kg sugar and boil on a steam bath. A teaspoon of syrup diluted in a glass of water and drink until complete disappearance of symptoms.
It is necessary to remember that any painful symptom is associated with some cause. Therefore, it is necessary to immediately identify and stop the source of discomfort, not to drink indiscriminately medicines from home medicine to relieve the pain.