The benefits and harms of aspirin, its effect on the human body
Dangerous than aspirin, and when its application is needed
Aspirin has been for many years, remains the most popular drug in the world. At the first painful sensations people take the pill, and even more this means. Recent research scientists have shown that this drug is not as harmless as previously thought. Use of aspirin for the body is certainly there, but the harm can be substantial. Therefore, it is necessary to remember features of this drug and its regulations.
The beneficial properties of aspirin
Aspirin is called the derivative of salicylic acid. One of the hydroxyl groups during chemical synthesis has been replaced by the acetyl. The result was obtained acetylsalicylic acid.
The use of aspirin leads to the suspension of production of prostaglandins. These hormones are actively involved in inflammatory processes, contribute to the increase in body temperature. Acetylsalicylic acid prevents the adhesion of platelets, which leads to the elimination of symptoms of the inflammatory process.
Aspirin is useful in the following cases:
- Relieves fever. The drug affects the thermoregulation center located in the brain. Due to the expansion of blood vessels and increased sweating, which increases heat transfer. As a result, the body temperature quickly returns to normal.
- Also thins the blood, as opposed to the adhesion of platelets. This manages to avoid cardiovascular diseases and blood clots.
- Has analgesic effect. The drug affects the neurotransmitters located in the area of inflammation. In addition, it affects the Central nervous system.
- Relieves inflammation. Due to the impact on small blood vessels, reduces their permeability, the inhibition of factor that contribute to the development of the inflammatory process.
- Reduces the likelihood of developing cancer. Scientists have found that people, for a long time receiving aspirin are less susceptible to cancer. To achieve this effect, the duration of appointment shall be three years.
- Reduces the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s. This action of aspirin only works for women.
- Good for health and the combination of aspirin with ibuprofen. This leads to an improvement of cerebral circulation, reduces the risk of stroke.
- Reduces the risk of bronchial asthma.
- In some cases, is able to increase the potency. This is true for men whose impotence is associated with vascular disorders.
The beneficial properties of aspirin may only appear in its correct reception. Before using this drug you must consult with a specialist.
Than aspirin can be dangerous
Effect of aspirin on the human body can also be negative. Among its negative features are:
- Negative impact on the mucous surface of the stomach. In some cases, the ingestion of aspirin can cause gastritis and peptic ulcer disease. Therefore, it is recommended to take tablets just after a meal and drink with plenty of water.
- Can cause internal bleeding. This effect is due to the ability of aspirin to thin the blood.
- Taking aspirin is strictly prohibited for the flu, chickenpox and measles. It can cause syndrome of the Rhine, which in some cases are fatal.
- Taking the drug during pregnancy may lead to abnormalities in fetal development.
- It is forbidden to use aspirin concurrently with alcoholic beverages. This can lead to gastric bleeding.
- Aspirin slows the formation of prostaglandins in the kidneys. This can lead to impairment of renal blood flow. If a person suffers from cirrhosis or heart problems, in rare cases, taking aspirin provokes acute renal failure.
Before experts assigned to acetylsalicylic acid, the benefits and harms of it are weighed. Sometimes the negative impact can be more useful qualities.
In order to minimize the harm of aspirin for the stomach, it is better to take it in the form of tablets that dissolve in water. It is necessary to strictly adhere to the instructions for use.
Contraindications to acetylsalicylic acid
A healthy person may in case of urgent need to drink aspirin fearlessly. But when health problems you need to be careful. It is forbidden to take the drug in the following cases:
- Idiosyncrasy means.
- Bronchial asthma, because of the probability of worsening the situation.
- Unstable blood pressure.
- Liver disease and suspicion of their presence.
- Serious deviations in the work of the kidneys.
- Pregnancy and period of feeding the baby’s chest.
- The flu, chicken pox and measles.
- The age of 15.
In the presence of such diseases acetylsalicylic acid harmful. Replace it with another tool that softer effect on the body.
Order the drug did not cause harm, remember, how much you need to use it. Exceeding the recommended amount can have negative consequences. Pills can according to the following scheme:
- Adults over time, you can take 500 mg of acetylsalicylic acid. The maximum daily dose is 3000 mg. It is necessary to divide into an equal number of techniques, so that between them took at least four hours. The duration of such treatment is not more than five days. As a means to thin the blood the drug recommended to take at night.
- For children over 15 years single dose of 250 mg. in the day is forbidden to consume more than 1500 mg.
To drink every day, aspirin is not. Even in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases it is used once in two days. Exceeding the permissible doses can cause serious consequences.
Accurate dosage in the treatment of specific problems must be determined by the physician. Remember that self-medication is dangerous for health.
In the case of the uncontrolled use of the drug or the excess of its valid number of symptoms of poisoning. In case of a single overdose of these signs:
- Nausea followed by vomiting.
- Fatigue, drowsiness.
- Noise in the ears.
- Shortness of breath.
- Rales in the lungs.
If you notice such symptoms the drug should be discontinued. Be sure to consult with a specialist.
In the case of systematic exceeding the allowed number of aspirin causes a state of chronic overdose. It may be accompanied by the following problems:
- A significant hearing loss.
- The appearance of hallucinations.
- Abnormal bleeding.
- The increased separation of the sweat.
- Unquenchable thirst.
- Loss of visual acuity.
In this case you need emergency medical intervention. Need body detox and a long recovery period. In severe cases, poisoning by aspirin may lead to swelling of the brain and the death of the victim. So the sooner you get help, the greater the likelihood of a favorable outcome.
The beneficial properties of aspirin when applied topically
Not all know that aspirin can not only ingest, but also to use for the treatment of hair and skin. Among the most common and effective methods of its application are the following:
- As pilling. On the basis of aspirin prepare an effective facial mask that removes the impurities and dead skin cells. For its preparation crushed a few tablets of medication and mix the resulting powder in a small amount of sour cream. If the skin is oily, then sour cream is better to replace honey. This mask is applied on face and kept for about 15 minutes.
- For the treatment of inflammation of the skin: acne, pimples, boils. To prepare a medicinal product is sufficient to dissolve aspirin in water and apply on problem areas. Three minutes later, the rest of need to rinse.
- Restore the Shine and health of hair. Do this before washing the hair everyday with shampoo, rinse your hair with water with dissolved aspirin. One liter of water will need 6 tablets.
- Elimination of calluses. Using the compress on the basis of aspirin can effectively cope with the blisters. For its preparation you need to mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with the same amount of water. The resulting liquid should be mixed with six pounded aspirin. The prepared paste is applied to the corn and wrap with plastic wrap. Compress to withstand not less than 15 minutes. Then wash and treat the skin any nourishing cream.
With the right of reasonable use of aspirin, it will benefit to health. Before beginning such treatment is necessary to consult a doctor and identify possible contraindications. Carefully follow the dosage.