The benefits and harms of toothpaste with fluoride or without fluoride
What are the benefits and harms of bears toothpaste
People learn to brush their teeth since early childhood. According to research, this procedure allows to keep the teeth white, attractive and healthy. But despite the observance of hygiene of an oral cavity, the work of dentists is always. What’s the matter? Numerous commercials that recently literally do not descend from screens of TVs, is that a good toothpaste should contain fluoride, otherwise, the effect of cleaning will be. Fluoride, like many substances which contains this product, in fact, nothing good health is not. Damage of toothpaste even the most well-known manufacturers is obvious. To understand how dangerous bears health attractive tube, it is necessary to consider all components in detail.
Fluoride contains almost any toothpaste. Manufacturers claim that this chemical just need dental tissue and bones, it prevents tooth decay and even restore tooth enamel. Fluoride of tin added to different toothpaste that is not very good for a person.
In some developed countries are constantly adding fluoride to drinking water. Do not forget that this substance is in many foods, and the daily requirement in it is very small, only 2-3 mg. basically, this item people get food and water, but excessive consumption can be an overdose, and because fluorine is very dangerous. Excess intake of fluorine leads to such States as:
- the metabolism in the body, which ultimately leads to the destruction of the bones;
- there are violations of the endocrine system;
- the procedure increases the risk of oncological diseases;
- reduced immunity;
- accelerating the process of aging;
- if the cream is packaged in aluminium tubes, upon contact of fluoride with aluminium secretes a substance that affects the nervous system and psyche.
From the Greek translates as fluoride destroys. It has a chemical in a gaseous state is deadly.
But that assessment was objective, we should note the positive aspects of fluoride in toothpaste. Use toothpaste with fluoride is this:
- this substance gives a good antiseptic effect;
- activates the salivary glands;
- slows down conversion of soft plaque in the stone.
Buying toothpaste with fluoride or without fluoride is every person must determine for themselves. But if longer want to be healthy and lead a correct way of life, it is better to refuse products which have fluoride.
Sodium fluoride is marketed manufacturers of toothpastes as an indispensable ingredient for healthy teeth. In fact, this substance is quite harmful and can cause the development of certain diseases:
- after contact with skin puckered with irritation that look like burns;
- in case of contact with eyes, may burn of the mucosa that eventually leads to vision loss;
- if swallowed, this substance shows all the symptoms of intoxication – persistent nausea, vomiting, cutting pain in the stomach and diarrhea;
- with regular use affects the Central nervous system, as well as the kidneys and heart.
The lethal dose of this substance varies from 5 to 10 grams. When ingested, this volume fluoride started convulsing, there is a complete paralysis of the respiratory system. The result is death.
Harm toothpaste, which has fluoride large enough. This is because with constant exposure to small doses of this substance occur, such changes:
- Tooth enamel is damaged and becomes spotted.
- Bones become brittle, this leads to frequent fractures.
- Bundles investsource, this leads to deterioration of joint mobility.
Unlike fluorine fluoride not considered to be a vital human element. In addition, it is believed that fluoride is a toxic substance. Its role in protection from tooth decay is exposure to pathogenic micro-organisms, the Bacillus of it is toxic. But do not forget that man is a substance also poses a great danger and it is only in the amount that gets into the body.
In the greater part of the antibacterial toothpastes have antibiotics. This files most often is triclosan, which kills all germs in the mouth, not only harmful, but also useful. Sometimes the paste composition can be used to detect other antibiotics – metronidazole or hlorgeksidin.
Prophylactic use of any antibiotics, nothing but harm will not bring. Pathogens quickly get used to antibiotics, in contrast to the beneficial microbes, and after a while just do not respond to these drugs. In addition, they for a short time restored in the oral cavity, gradually displacing the beneficial micro-organisms. Through the mouth is dominated by a harmful microflora.
It is worth remembering that the action of antibiotics, which is in toothpaste, it is not only restricted to the oral cavity. Gradually they get into the digestive tract and trigger a persistent disorder.
In virtually any toothpaste can be detected parabens. These substances added to products to extend shelf life. In the paste use several types of preservatives, and they are all approved for use in food and cosmetic industry. But there is a limit, when used in the product of one type of preservative, its volume should not exceed 0.4%, if parabens are used a few, then the allowable limit is 0.8%.
Parabens in large quantities detected in cancer cells. Due to this, many experts believe these substances are dangerous in terms of cancer.
With a large consumption of preservatives may develop these conditions:
- Disturbed hormonal balance in the body since the preservatives are characterized by an estrogen-like effect.
- Significantly increases the risk of cancer of the breast, ovaries and uterus in women and also cancer of the testes in men of different ages.
- Provoke allergic reactions and dermatitis.
- Accelerates the aging of all the cells in the body.
- In some cases, DNA damage.
And although producers assure potential buyers that parabens in a minimum volume of danger to health are not worth considering before purchasing toothpaste with these substances.
This compound has several useful qualities that it is included in toothpaste:
- Cans product.
- Has a pleasant sweet taste.
This substance is allowed to use not only in cosmetics but also in food industry. But despite all the benefits, propylene glycol can be quite dangerous (for chronic intake). This compound causes these diseases:
- contact dermatitis and other skin diseases;
- disorders of the immune system;
- diseases of the respiratory organs;
- allergic reactions.
When buying a toothpaste, be sure to study the composition, especially if these products are designed for children. Children’s bodies are more susceptible to toxic substances that is manifested by increased morbidity.
Almost all of the sulfates, which manufacturers add to toothpaste, are very toxic. Any good health they bring, as they are added solely for the foam, but the harm from them is quite noticeable:
- Reaching all the vital organs, accumulate there in large quantities and is excreted with great difficulty.
- Provoke persistent irritation of the skin and all mucous membranes.
- Have a detrimental effect on the eye, with a steady intake of developing cataracts.
- Under the action of these chemical compounds are destroyed the hair follicles, the hair becomes brittle and fall out much.
Some of the sulfates have such a pronounced cleansing action that they are used for cleaning surfaces in garages and a large station. The use of these substances in the paste to the teeth at least looks strange.
When the pasta is stated that she is bleaching, then you need to see what is included. If the tube is written that the composition has a 1,2-Dichloride, Acetylene dichloride or SIM-Dichlorethylene, it is better to abandon such a purchase. These substances are harmful effect on tooth enamel.
Calcium is needed for bones and teeth person, but the presence of this substance in tooth pastes absolutely not considered necessary. If together with him in toothpaste there is amino calcium ceases to be effective, as it quickly precipitates and absolutely no role in the mineralization of teeth. But this can to some extent be considered even useful property, since the calcium carbonate cleans the harmful effects of fluoride and its compounds. However, this is not a therapeutic effect, about which assert manufacturers.
Calcium may benefit in toothpaste only under these conditions:
- In toothpaste no fluoride and its compounds.
- Calcium is present in the digestible for the body form calcium citrate, calcium glycerophosphate or calcium lactate.
Pure carbonate or calcium gluconate when ingested in the mouth almost not absorbed.
So what better to brush your teeth
To find quality toothpaste composed of harmful chemicals and impurities, is very difficult. But you can pick up the option, where at least some of the components of the above will be absent. Some manufacturers produce cosmetics advertised as natural, but to believe every word is not necessary – it may be just a publicity stunt. Before buying you need to carefully read the composition of cosmetic products.
If people are greatly concerned about their health, that it can make toothpaste yourself. It exactly fits the whole family and will not cause diseases. For cooking we take only natural ingredients:
- tablespoon of white clay without any additives;
- pinch of fine sea salt;
- if you want whitening effect, add a little baking soda;
- tablespoon of aloe juice or glycerin pharmacy, can I take both components in equal proportions;
- 5-6 drops essential oil of lemon or mint.
All the ingredients are mixed well in a glass or porcelain dish. For mixing use a wooden or glass wand. The use of metal objects is not recommended, to avoid oxidation.
With homemade pasta you can safely brush your teeth several times a day.
Cosmetic application of toothpaste
Virtually any toothpaste in some cases can help not worse than expensive medicines. It is used in such circumstances:
- For burns you can apply a thin layer of paste on the affected area of the skin. This will avoid blisters and reduce the pain. After an hour wash away the paste with cold water. This method is not suitable in case of severe burns, when there is a wound surface.
- When bruised, the injured part is smeared with paste – this contributes to the rapid resorption of hematomas.
- When the blisters that are formed from tight shoes is enough to apply a layer of paste on the blister, pain decreased and the swelling has decreased.
- Through mosquito bites or other insect paste is applied to the bite to reduce itching and swelling.
- The pasta will help the cold sore and pimples. It is enough to apply for a spot on the pimple and after a short time it will disappear.
Hard to imagine people’s lives without toothpaste. This cosmetic product freshens breath, and removes harmful plaque from the teeth. When you purchase a regular tube you need to carefully study the composition, not always pasta is as natural as it is advertised manufacturers.