The child has stomach pain and vomiting: causes, help, treatment
A child has a stomach ache and vomiting observed
A critical priority for all parents is the health of children. Most often in children anxiety moms gives abdominal pain and vomiting, the body temperature increased not always. The reasons for such disorders can be various, and the severity of the child too. If the child has a stomach ache and vomiting no fever, you should immediately call a pediatrician, who will examine the patient and prescribe the number of necessary tests that help accurately diagnose.
If the child has vomiting and stomach pain, it is possible to suspect a number of diseases both communicable and of a General nature. The reasons for such disorders are most often:
- acute intestinal infections, which occur when the penetration into the organism of pathogenic microorganisms;
- acute viral infection;
- intestinal obstruction;
- acute appendicitis;
- acute gastritis and peptic ulcer disease;
- the increase in the level of acetone in the blood.
The most common cause nausea and pain in the abdomen protrudes infection, but sometimes this condition can cause surgical pathology. Correct diagnosis can only qualified doctor.
Stomach pain in a child can be the consequence of regular overeating and an unbalanced diet. To avoid this, children need to form the portions by age.
Acute intestinal infection
If the child has stomach pain, vomiting and temperature, most often manifested so acute intestinal infection, which, in other words, referred to as food poisoning or toxiinfectio. Infected by pathogenic microbes possibly through food or dirty hands. The disease usually begins acutely, on a background of complete well-being, particularly difficult to tolerate the symptoms of poisoning are children under the age of 3 years. The main signs of this pathology are:
- copious vomiting that brings the child some relief to the state;
- some time later develops diarrhea. Bowel movements first, just rare, then watery, with mucus. With diarrhea, there may be blotches of blood, hurts the stomach;
- symptoms of dehydration – dry mucous membranes, high fever and General weakness.
Treated acute intestinal infection antibacterial drugs, adsorbents and probiotics. In rare cases, can be treated with antibiotics.
To prevent dehydration give the sick child a lot to drink. Offer drink often but in small amounts so as not to cause repeated attack of vomiting. Carefully watch children who are under 4 years, body mass little small, so dehydration comes quickly.
Acute respiratory infection
Diseases of this group are caused by viruses and begin acutely. Usually the child’s cough and sore throat, and then join the rest of the signs of the disease. Against the background of such condition in the baby stomach ache, diarrhea and vomiting, which says something about the General intoxication of the organism.
For the treatment of respiratory diseases used antipyretics, antiviral and immunostimulatory drugs. If necessary, conducts a symptomatic treatment, which includes anti-emetics.
Intestinal obstruction can be congenital, due to anomalies in the structure of organs, and acquired. Signs of obstruction are:
- the long absence of bowel movement;
- bloating and tenderness;
- persistent nausea and profuse vomiting that does not bring relief;
- sleep disturbance and strong excitement;
- specks of mucus and blood in the stool.
The temperature for this pathology is usually not. Treatment is often surgical, although in some cases it may be conservative.
Acute appendicitis refers to surgical pathology that develops due to the inflammation of the Appendix. In early childhood the development of the disease is rapid, with a striking manifestation of symptoms. Signs of illness are:
- stomach hurts, even after vomiting;
- walk without pain may radiate to the right leg and the lower abdomen on the right;
- the body temperature rises to critical levels;
- the mucous membrane of the mouth dry;
- severe diarrhea.
Treatment is only surgical. If you experience pain in the right side of the abdomen the child is not allowed to take antispasmodics and painkillers. In order not to smooth out the overall picture of the disease.
In young children, up to 5 years, the symptoms can be smoothed. So in appendicitis may be no fever and only bother a sharp pain in the stomach, and therefore when such symptoms medical examination is required.
Cholecystitis is a inflammatory disease of the gallbladder, the main cause of which is pathogenic flora. Onset is always acute, often occurs at night. A child complains to the parents on expressed pain in the right hypochondrium, but the pain may not be localized. Usually the lower the age, the more severe the disease. So children under 6 years, the pain is unbearable in nature. It may radiate to the scapula, shoulder or lower back. In addition to pain, there is nausea and vomiting, these phenomena considerably increase after meals.
Treatment for cholecystitis is performed only in the hospital under constant supervision of a surgeon, pediatrician and qualified in resuscitation, working in the intensive care unit.
Gastritis is an inflammation of the walls of the stomach, which occurs due to improper diet, stressful situations or when ingestion of pathogenic microorganisms. The first symptoms are considered frequent abdominal pain and vomiting, especially after consuming acidic foods or when the stomach is empty. Then joins the constant nausea, feeling of chills elevated temperature. The skin acquires a cyanotic hue, the tongue heavily coated yellow tinge, and abdominal palpation is painful.
To treat disease, prescribe a special diet and drink plenty of liquids with fractional portions. According to the testimony may be prescribed medicines.
Peptic ulcer disease
Gastric ulcer is a chronic disease that progresses over time and can give different complications. It is well established that the cause of this disease are specific bacteria, due to which weaken the protective properties of the gastric mucosa. The development of the disease plays the role of a genetic predisposition and the presence of permanent stress. The main symptoms are:
- painful sensations in the stomach, pain may radiate to the back area;
- frequent indigestion of food in the stomach;
- heartburn, usually at night;
- nausea and vomiting, then the patient’s condition is improving slightly.
You need to fear not only ulcers, but also of a number of complications that it can give. The child treatment is carried out under constant supervision of a doctor using antibiotics and antispasmodics.
Increased acetone in the blood
For this pathology in the blood and then in urine increased level of ketone bodies. most Often it is a secondary symptom that occurs due to some diseases or severe intoxication. Rarely may occur in diabetes mellitus in anamnesis. The main signs of increased acetone are:
- severe nausea, which always ends with vomiting. After that, the patient gets much easier;
- diarrhea that is accompanied with bloating;
- very strong cramping pain in the abdomen;
- General weakness and drowsiness.
To diagnose the disease is possible using test strips, which must be in the home medicine Cabinet. At elevated acetone you need to give lots to drink in case of dehydration shows an intravenous infusion of saline and glucose.
Vomiting and gas in a child at increased acetone can be observed for several hours. If it lasts more than 3 hours without improving, you should seek the advice of to the hospital.
Many parents don’t know what to do when you see these symptoms in a young child. First you need to call a doctor, when you call the dispatcher to describe all the symptoms, including localized where the pain is and how long ago it started.
Before the arrival of the doctor parents can provide first aid where possible, which looks like this:
- Give the patient regularly and in small portions drinking water, tea, decoction of dried fruit or a decoction of rice. All this will support the fluid volume in the body until the doctor.
- To bring down the temperature, if the mark on the thermometer is higher than 38.5 degrees, although some children do not tolerate temperature of 38 degrees. Provide medicines with ibuprofen or paracetamol in the age doses.
- To provide the child complete bed rest, the upper part of the body must be raised by pillows. This will prevent choking on vomit.
- If the pain is severe, it is permissible to give one tablet shpy prior to the arrival of the doctor.
Without a doctor’s recommendation to give the child pain medication as this may worsen the patient’s condition. Only an experienced doctor after a thorough examination can decide that you can give a child with vomiting and pain in the abdomen.
What not to do when providing first aid
In order not to exacerbate the situation, parents in the home is forbidden to do such manipulation:
- To put baby the diagnoses and to self-medicate.
- When expressed pain in the stomach to wash out the stomach, especially when it comes to baby boy less than 3 years.
- To attach to the tummy cold and warm heating pads.
- To force the child to eat.
- To give any drugs, in addition to fever and shpy.
When the doctor arrives, he needs to tell the whole picture of the disease, when started, frequency of retching and complaints of the child. Also physician are informed about the medications the child was taking. After that, the doctor examines the child and, if necessary, writes out a referral for urgent hospitalization, from which better not to give up.
Abdominal pain and vomiting can be symptoms such as viral diseases and dangerous pathologies that require urgent surgical intervention. The parents alone to make the correct diagnosis can not, so it is necessary to trust the professionals.