The false honey agaric poisoning: symptoms, treatment

The symptoms and treatment of poisoning with mushrooms

Honey – loved by many autumn mushrooms. But few people know that they can provoke the strongest food poisoning. In this article, we considered the poisoning about mushrooms, edible mushrooms, the main causes, symptoms and treatment of these pathological conditions.

The causes of poisoning

Many people wonder, is it possible to poison mushrooms? As it turned out, dangerous for the human body are not only about mushrooms, but edible species of Armillaria.

Below are the main causes of poisoning by mushrooms.

  • Accidental ingestion of about mushrooms. These mushrooms look and taste very similar to their edible cousins, but unlike them, are poisonous to humans and very dangerous.
  • Consumption of edible mushrooms grown in polluted areas. Mushrooms are like sponges that absorb substances from air and soil. They can accumulate radioactive nuclides, mercury, copper, nitrates, pesticides, carcinogens. Especially dangerous are mushrooms collected along highways, Railways, near objects of large-scale industry.
  • Cooking from spoiled and rotten mushrooms. During long-term storage of these fungi deteriorate and become unfit for human consumption.

The clinical picture of poisoning with mushrooms

Poisoning by mushrooms is clinically manifested by a large number of symptoms. They come in 1-2 hours after eating these mushrooms inside. Symptoms and signs of poisoning by mushrooms and Liopetri different from each other and lead to different consequences.

Symptoms of intoxication about mushrooms

After some time, the first signs of intoxication about mushrooms? The first symptoms occur after 10 to 20 minutes after ingestion. Symptoms develops acutely, leads to rapid violation of the condition of the victim.

The main clinical signs of poisoning:

  • severe dizziness and loss of coordination. The patient feels like the ground is slipping from under his feet;
  • nausea and vomiting. These symptoms are the result of irritation of the mucous membrane of the stomach and dizziness. The vomit at first consists of food eaten, and then of gastric juice and bile;
  • respiratory failure. It becomes very superficial, and often develops shortness of breath. The patient experiences shortness of breath;
  • vivid hallucinations can be auditory, tactile or visual;
  • diarrhea during intoxication about mushrooms plentiful and frequent. It leads to rapid development of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance;
  • convulsions, which may be local or General;
  • impaired consciousness to coma.
READ  Sarin gas and its toxic effect on people

Symptoms of poisoning with edible mushrooms

Symptoms of poisoning with edible mushrooms develop within the first two hours. The poison can be salted, marinated, roasted and braised mushrooms.

Signs of intoxication edible mushrooms are:

  • nausea and vomiting;
  • diarrhea;
  • pain in region of stomach, intestines;
  • heartburn and belching;
  • weakness;
  • headache;
  • the increase in body temperature to 37.5 degrees;
  • flatulence in the intestine.

First aid for mushroom poisoning

With the development of the first clinical manifestations of mushroom poisoning should call an ambulance. Details list to the dispatcher the symptoms of the patient and name the exact address.

Please note that in cases of poisoning by honey treatment is carried out in a hospital. Alone to try to cope with the disease is dangerous because it can lead to serious complications and death.

While waiting for the team of SMP, you need to start first aid. In some cases it depends on the prognosis of the patient.

Components of first aid in case of poisoning or about edible mushrooms is described below.

Gastric lavage

The first thing to do with the appearance of clinical signs of mushroom poisoning is to wash out the stomach. This can be done at home.

In order to wash out the stomach, you have to chug 1 liter of plain water and snatch it up. This procedure is desirable to repeat several times in a row.

Thanks to gastric lavage to prevent absorption of toxins into the blood, which had not yet been digested. It is an effective and accessible procedure.

Remember that gastric lavage solution of potassium permanganate is strictly prohibited. It can worsen the patient’s condition.

Colon cleanse

Using enemas to clean the intestines from toxins and the elements of poisoned food to reduce the manifestations of intoxication. At home enema is carried out using simple boiled water at room temperature. Add medication is prohibited. Enema is performed before the appearance of clear wash water.

READ  Black nightshade – poisonous or not, description of the plant

Sorbents

Sorbents is the only medication that you should drink the mushroom poisoning before arrival of physicians. These medicines neutralize toxins and eliminate them from the intestines.

Drink sorbents need copious amounts of water. Liquid accelerates their action. The dosage of drugs calculated on the weight or age of the patient. Before taking read the instructions carefully.

Drugs:

  • smectite;
  • activated carbon;
  • white coal;
  • enterosgel;
  • sorbex.

Drink plenty of liquids

Dehydrated, the body needs liquid. You need to drink in small SIPS little and often. You can drink mineral or table water without gas.

Features of medical treatment

The doctors who came to you for the call, will examine and evaluate the patient’s condition. They will check his pulse, blood oxygen saturation (saturation), blood pressure and respiratory rate. Tell them details about the volume rendered you aid.

Before transporting the patient to the hospital by the paramedics stabilize his condition. If necessary, they can perform gastric lavage through the probe, connect the patient to a drip and oxygen, administered anti-nausea and painkillers.

Treatment for mushroom poisoning is carried out in Toxicological intensive care unit or hospital. Its duration depends on the severity of the patient’s condition. In mild poisoning may be discharged on the third day.

Treatment in hospital consists of:

  • therapeutic diet;
  • bed rest;
  • intravenous fluids to correct dehydration;
  • hemodialysis – cleansing the blood of toxins using an artificial kidney under the intoxication about mushrooms;
  • the normalization of the cardiovascular system, kidneys, liver, pancreas.

Examination of the patient

To identify complications, of the decision of a correct diagnosis and selection of effective therapy the doctor may need the results of additional laboratory and instrumental studies. Mushroom poisoning can cause disturbances in the various organs and systems. These complications should be promptly identified and treated.

Examination in cases of poisoning by mushrooms is carried out in parallel with first aid and resuscitation. It includes the following diagnostic methods:

  • General complete blood count helps to identify hemolysis, anemia, presence of acute inflammatory process in the body, also it can be used to estimate the degree of dehydration;
  • urinalysis is needed to assess the functional activity of the kidneys and to identify their defeat. The kidneys are among the first affected by eating poisonous species of mushrooms;
  • biochemical blood test is necessary to detect electrolyte changes in the blood, disorders of the internal organs;
  • electrocardiography (ECG) is necessary for evaluation of cardiac rhythm, which may be violated due to electrolyte shifts and dehydration;
  • ultrasound examination of internal organs performed to identify the pathology of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and kidneys.

Please note that we do not need to immediately throw the mushroom dish that had poisoned people. It may be required for laboratory detection of toxins and poisons.

Prevention of poisoning by mushrooms

Poisoning mushrooms can be easily avoided. To carry out its prevention is much easier than to treat the effects of mushroom intoxication. The following are some basic guidelines that will help you to protect yourself and loved ones from poisoning by mushrooms.

READ  Intoxication of the liver: symptoms, signs, treatment

  • Buy mushrooms only in shops and official markets. Avoid buying these goods, so to speak, from the hands of mushroom pickers.
  • Check the integrity and freshness of the mushrooms. Fresh nameko cap is not separated with ease from the legs.
  • Conduct proper heat treatment of mushrooms.
  • Collecting mushrooms, choose a clean area, away from major roads and factories.

Mushrooms poisoning may occur from ingestion of spoiled and low-quality edible mushrooms, or after accidental consumption of poisonous species of Armillaria. The treatment of mushroom intoxication is carried out in a hospital. When the first signs of poisoning should call the ambulance. Self-treatment can lead to permanent disability and even death.