The harm and benefit of infrared radiation to humans
Infrared radiation: benefit and harm to humans
Every man is under the influence of infrared radiation and a natural source is the sun. The elements of the filament and miscellaneous electric heaters are referred to an unnatural derivative. This radiation is used in heating, infrared lamps, heating devices, consoles to televisions, medical equipment. So always be aware of the benefits and harms of infrared radiation to humans.
Infrared radiation: what is it
In 1800, English physicist discovered infrared heat, spread sunlight into a spectrum using a prism. Sir William Herschel put a thermometer to each color, until he noticed the temperature increase at the transition from purple to red. Thus was opened the area to feel the heat, but it is not visible to human eyes. Distinguish radiation according to two main parameters: the frequency (intensity) and the length of the beam. At the same time, the wavelength divided into three types: proximal (from 0.75 to 1.5 microns), medium (from 1.5 to 5.6 microns), long (from 5.6 to 100 microns).
It far energy has properties corresponding to the natural radiation of the human body with the greatest wavelength of 9.6 microns. Therefore, every external influence the body perceives as «native». The best example infrared radiation is the warmth of the Sun. Such a beam has a difference in that it heats the object, not the space around it. Infrared radiation is a variant distribution of heat.
The use of infrared radiation
Devices that use long-wave heat radiation effect in two different ways on the human body. The first method has a firming properties, enhancing the protective function and preventing premature aging. This type allows to cope with various diseases by boosting the natural defenses of the body to ailments. This is one form of treatment that is based on maintaining health and is suitable for use in home and medical institutions.
The second type of influence of infrared rays is to direct the treatment of diseases and common ailments. Every day a person is faced with disorders related to health. So long emitters have therapeutic properties. In many medical institutions of America, Canada, Japan, the CIS and Europe subject to such radiation. Waves are able to penetrate deeply into the body, warming up the internal organs and skeletal system. These effects help to improve blood circulation and accelerating the flow of fluids in the body.
Increased blood circulation has a beneficial effect on the human metabolism, tissues are saturated with oxygen, and the muscular system is receiving power. Many diseases can be eliminated by regular exposure to radiation, penetrating deep into the human body. This wavelength get rid of such ailments like:
- high or low blood pressure;
- pain in the back;
- overweight, obesity;
- cardiovascular disease;
- depression, stress;
- disorders of the digestive tract;
- arthritis, rheumatism, neuralgia;
- osteoarthritis, joint inflammation, seizures;
- malaise, weakness, exhaustion;
- bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia;
- sleep disorder, insomnia,
- muscle and lumbar pain;
- problems with blood supply, blood circulation;
- otorhinolaryngological diseases without purulent sediment;
- diseases of the skin, burns, cellulite;
- kidney failure;
- colds and viral diseases;
- reducing the protective functions of the body;
- cystitis and prostatitis acute form;
- cholecystitis without stone formation, chronic gastroduodenitis.
Positive impact of radiation based on the fact that when a wave gets on the skin, it acts on the end of the nerves and a feeling of warmth. Over 90% of radiation is being destroyed by moisture in the upper layer of the skin, it is not nothing more than raising the temperature of the body. The effects, whose length is 9.6 µm, absolutely safe for humans.
Heat stimulates blood circulation, resulting in blood pressure and metabolic processes. When the supply of brain tissue oxygen reduces the risk of dizziness and improves memory. Infrared light is able to deduce salts of heavy metals, cholesterol and toxins. During therapy the patient increases immunity, normalizes hormonal balance and restores water-salt balance. The waves reduce the effect of different toxic chemicals, have anti-inflammatory properties, inhibit the formation of fungus, including mold.
The use of infrared radiation
Infrared energy is used in different fields, positively influencing people:
- Thermography. With the help of infrared radiation determines the temperature of objects at a distance. Mainly thermal waves are used in military and industrial fields. Heated units with this device it is possible to see without lighting.
- El. Infrared rays increase the temperature, positively affecting human health. In addition to the useful infrared saunas, they are used for welding, annealing, plastic items, hardening of surfaces in industrial and medical field.
- Tracking. This method of using thermal energy is to a passive missile guidance. In these aircraft, the elements inside is a mechanism called «heat seeker». Cars, planes and other vehicles, as well as people radiate warmth, helping the rockets to find the correct flight directions.
- Meteorology. Radiation helps satellites to determine the distance at which the clouds determines their temperature and appearance. Warm clouds seem gray, and cool white. The data are studied without interference both day and night. Hot earth plane will be marked grey or black.
- Astronomy. Astronomers equipped with unique devices – infrared telescopes enable you to observe different objects in the sky. Thanks to them, scientists are able to find a protostar before they begin to emit light visible to the human eye. Such a telescope could easily determine cold objects, but viewed in the infrared spectrum we cannot see the planet because of the obscure light from the stars. Also, the device is used for observing the cores of galaxies, which closes the gas and dust.
- Art. Reflectography, which operate on the basis of infrared radiation, help professionals in this field to consider in more detail the lower layers of the object or sketches of the artist. This method allows you to match the drawings of the figure and the visible portion to determine the authenticity of the painting, and whether it was under restoration. Earlier the device was adapted for the study of old written documents and ink manufacture.
This is just basic usage of heat energy in science, but every year there is a new equipment based on.
The harm of infrared radiation
Infrared light brings not only positive effects on the human body, it is worth remembering the damage he can cause when misused and be dangerous to others. Exactly-infrared with short wavelength have a negative impact. The bad influence of infrared radiation on the human body manifests itself in the form of inflammation of the lower layers of the skin, dilated capillaries and formation of blisters.
From the use of infrared rays it is necessary to refuse in these diseases and symptoms:
- diseases of the circulatory system, bleeding;
- chronic or acute form of purulent processes;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- malignant tumors;
- pulmonary and heart failure;
- acute inflammation;
- prolonged influence of the infrared radiation increases the risk of photophobia, cataracts and other eye diseases.
The strong influence of infrared radiation leads to skin redness and the appearance of the burn. The workers in the field of metallurgy sometimes observed the development of heat stroke and dermatitis. The smaller the distance of the user to the heating element, the less time he should spend near the machine. Overheating of the brain tissue on one degree and heat stroke is accompanied by symptoms such as nausea, dizziness, tachycardia, darkening of the eyes. With increasing temperature two degrees higher and there is a risk of meningitis.
If under the influence of infrared radiation happened heatstroke, you should immediately place the patient in a cool place and remove his all clothes which compress or restrict movement. Bandages soaked in cold water, or bags of ice applied to the chest, neck, groin, forehead, spine, and underarms.
In the absence of a bag of ice, can be used for these purposes, any fabric or garment. Compresses are made only with very cold water, periodically wetting her bandages.
If possible, the person completely turns into cold sheets. Additionally, you can blow the patient by flow of cold air using a fan. Drink plenty of water can help alleviate the condition of the victim. In severe cases, irradiation is required to call an ambulance and give artificial respiration.
How to avoid the harmful effects of infrared waves
To protect yourself from the negative effects of heat waves, it is necessary to follow some rules:
- If the work is directly connected with high temperature heaters that require the use of protective clothing for the protection of the body and eyes.
- With caution used household heaters that have exposed heating elements. You cannot be close to them and it is better to reduce their impact to a minimum.
- The room must accommodate such devices, which least affect human and his health.
- It is not necessary to be under the sun. If you cannot change it, you need to constantly wear a hat and clothes that cover exposed areas of the body. This applies in particular to children who are not always able to determine the increase in body temperature.
Under these rules the person will be able to protect themselves from the unpleasant consequences of excessive thermal influence. Infrared rays can bring harm and benefit in certain applications.
Therapy using infrared color is divided into two types: local and General. The first type is marked local effects on a particular area, and if General treatment of wave processes the entire human body. The procedure is performed twice a day for 15-30 minutes. The course of treatment is from 5 to 20 sessions. Must wear protective equipment when radiation. For eyes used cardboard lining or special glasses. After the procedure, the skin appears redness with blurred boundaries, which disappears after one hour after exposure to rays. Infrared radiation in medicine is very much appreciated.
High intensity radiation can cause harm, so you need to follow all the contraindications.
Thermal energy daily accompanied man in everyday life. Infrared radiation brings not only benefits but also harm. Therefore, infrared light need to be treated with caution. Devices that emit these waves must be used according to rules of safety. Many do not know is it harmful thermal effects, but with proper application of devices to improve human health and to get rid of certain diseases.