The most useful herbs for the human body
The 10 most useful herbs for the body
Medicinal plants used in folk medicine for many years. Healing properties allow their use in herbal medicine of various diseases. Currently, the list of herbs is quite impressive. However, everyone should know what the most useful herbs for the body should always be at hand.
One of the most useful herbs that contain large amount of nutrients, oils and acids.
Infusions and tinctures of wormwood have the following properties:
- relieve inflammation;
- stimulate the flow of bile;
- gives tonus to the body;
- cleanse bodies of toxins and worms.
Most often the herb used to improve digestion, to get rid of diseases of the stomach, liver, respiratory system, and in the treatment of anemia.
Contraindications: pregnancy and lactation internal bleeding. In addition, large amounts of wormwood can cause mental disorders.
Unpretentious grass, successfully used in official and traditional medicine, as well as in cooking.
Due to its special composition, the plant has on the body beneficial effects:
- improves the blood;
- clears the internal system of toxins;
- promotes healing of wounds;
- eliminates skin diseases;
- beneficial effect on the condition of the heart and blood vessels;
- has a hemostatic effect;
- relieves muscle pain;
- prevents hair loss;
- stimulates the digestive tract;
- has a mild laxative effect;
- stabilizes the amount of sugar in the blood.
Herbal infusion of nettle, you cannot apply for varicose veins, atherosclerosis, and during carrying a child.
An indispensable plant, which is, perhaps, in every home medicine Cabinet. Due to its anti-inflammatory benefits, chamomile is used to treat many diseases:
- ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract;
- sore throat;
- of diabetes;
- chronic stress.
A medicinal herb can be used by young children, but be wary appointed during pregnancy and lactation.
Bright orange plant, popularly called «marigolds». Flowers, seeds and the herb itself has many useful properties:
- stimulate the digestive system;
- prevent the development of cancer;
- improve condition of the skin;
- activate the bile;
- heal wounds and treat diaper rash;
- eliminate headaches and muscle pain;
- reinforce the contraction of the uterus;
- excrete the breakdown products;
- treat colds and infections of ENT organs.
Decoctions on the basis of the calendula cannot be used for hypotension, and gastrointestinal diseases in the acute stage.
Dandelion has found its application in many fields of medicine. A decoction of its roots is often used:
- for strengthening hair and eliminate dandruff;
- in anemia;
- in the treatment of hypertension;
- to improve digestion;
- for weight loss;
- when inflammation of the bone tissue;
- to improve the health of the liver;
- in disorders of urination.
In addition, the juice from the dandelion to treat a variety of dermatological problems – ringworm, eczema.
Contraindications are peptic ulcer disease of the gastrointestinal tract, gastritis with high acidity, a blockage of the bile ducts.
The flowers and roots of the herbs contain substances that stimulate the immune system, eliminate pathogens and viruses.
Useful properties of Echinacea are:
- strengthening the immune system;
- removal of bacteria;
- removing the inflammatory processes;
- the treatment of skin diseases, wound healing;
- relief of respiratory diseases;
- the elimination of toxins.
As with any medicinal herb, Echinacea has some limitations for use:
- chronic diseases in exacerbation stage;
- diabetes mellitus;
- the period of carrying a child and breastfeeding;
- severe liver disease;
- mental disorders;
- serious pathology of the heart.
In addition, Echinacea do not take in conjunction with immunomodulatory remedies and alcohol addiction.
Medicinal plant rich in b vitamins, with a positive effect on the entire body.
Due to its beneficial properties, extracts of ginseng:
- regulate the level of sugar in the blood;
- slow down age-related changes;
- a positive effect on the brain;
- help in the fight against obesity;
- stimulate libido;
- eliminate pain associated with menstruation;
- strengthen hair and skin;
- reduce the chance of oncological diseases;
- calm the nervous system.
Ginseng is not recommended if excessive anxiety, during pregnancy, when blood clotting disorders, infections, epilepsy.
St. John’s wort
Grass, with a pronounced bactericidal properties. Used as anti-inflammatory and disinfectant.
Useful properties of St. John’s wort allow you to use it for healing the whole body:
- to relieve inflammation of the digestive tract;
- in the treatment of stomatitis;
- to repair damaged tissues;
- to tighten wounds and burns;
- in the period of nervous stress.
In addition, herbal teas will help to eliminate headaches with a hangover and during menstruation. Tampons, soaked in the infusion, used for hemorrhoids.
St. John’s wort do not use inside during pregnancy and lactation and in children. Grass can cause an increase in blood pressure, so not used by hypertensive patients and people with mental disorders.
On the basis of the mint is made of medical infusions, tinctures and oils. Part of the plant are tannins, flavonoids, menthol and other substances.
Grass has useful qualities:
- eliminates viruses and bacteria;
- establishes the digestion;
- removes toxins;
- enhances immunity;
- improves sleep;
- cures headaches;
- normalizes heart rhythm;
- reduces nausea and retching.
Contraindications to the reception are hypersensitivity to the active components, hypotension, heartburn, varicose veins.
The prickly plant is often used in the form of oil, syrup, alcohol tinctures and decoctions. Due to its composition, milk Thistle has a cleansing and tonic effect on the liver.
Most often used for the following purposes:
- to detoxify the body;
- to improve the blood and lymphatic system;
- in diseases of the liver;
- in viral infections;
- to stabilize the heart;
- the propensity to allergies;
- in order to prevent skin diseases;
- during menopause;
- to improve digestion.
Contraindications to the use are children’s age, kidney stones, pancreatitis, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
The use of herbs for health have long been known. However, the treatment gave the maximum effect, you need to consult with your doctor, and drink infusions, observing the recommended dosage.