Treatment of mushroom poisoning in the home
Treatment of mushroom poisoning in the home
Mushrooms are known for their usefulness and goodness. The amount of protein and amino acids they are not inferior to meat dishes. But do not forget about the potential dangers posed by fungi to life and human health. In this article we reviewed the main causes and symptoms of mushroom poisoning, especially first aid and treatment at home and in the hospital.
The main causes of mushroom poisoning
Most mushroom poisonings occur in summer and autumn. At this time of year Matures, the majority of types of fungi. Below are the main causes of mushroom poisoning.
- Eating poisonous species of fungi. Some dangerous and deadly mushrooms are very similar to edible, and inexperienced mushroom is difficult to distinguish them. Most often, the poisoning is called as poisonous mushrooms:
- about mushrooms;
- talkie Tina whitish.
- Cooking with edible mushrooms collected in polluted areas. Mushrooms are able to absorb and accumulate radioactive substances, chemicals, nitrates and pesticides. Best of all, they grow on contaminated soil, and unscrupulous pickers, knowing this feature, collect these dangerous mushrooms for sale.
- Eating rotten, spoiled or rotten mushrooms. Of shelf mushrooms are reminiscent of meat. They are also perishable. When buying fresh mushrooms, pay attention to their smell, appearance.
- Poisoning with mushroom canned food contaminated with botulism.
- Joint reception of mushrooms and alcoholic beverages. The poisons of some fungi aktiviziruyutsya only after contact with alcohol.
- Improper storage of mushrooms. When re-freezing, they become unfit for human consumption.
The clinical manifestations of the etching of different mushroom types
The symptoms of mushroom poisoning develop during the first two hours after ingestion.
In severe cases, the patient’s condition deteriorates already after 10-20 minutes after eating.
The table below presents the main signs of poisoning of various mushroom species.
|Damaged or poor-quality edible mushrooms||
Principles of first aid
Treatment for mushroom poisoning in the home consists of rendering first aid. The appearance of the first clinical manifestations of mushroom poisoning should immediately call the emergency medical team, while on the phone I need to specifically tell the Manager about the incident, list the symptoms the victim and correctly specify their location.
Remember that for mushroom poisoning treatment at home can not be done. This state is a danger not only for health, but for the life of the patient. His treatment should be in hospital.
While the physicians you go, do not sit idly by. The mushroom intoxication every minute is important. Start to personally render first aid to the victim, it may depend on the prognosis for his life. Do not use folk remedies for mushroom poisoning. They’re not gonna help, and you will spend precious time.
Following first aid, which will improve the condition of the patient and reduce the level of intoxication syndrome.
Gastric lavage is only people with an unbroken consciousness. It is necessary to cleanse the stomach from the remnants of toxic foods.
In order to carry out the cleaning of the stomach at home, you need to drink a liter of cool water and rip it out. This procedure is best done several times in a row. One washing may not be enough for the final liberation of the stomach from poisons and toxic substances.
If you have the opportunity, spend a cleansing enema. You will be able to reduce intoxication and quickly bring poisonous substances from the cavity of the intestine. It use only plain water at room temperature. Do not add medicines or decoctions of herbs.
Enema is performed before the appearance of clear, transparent wash water.
Sorbents are used to neutralize and remove toxins and poisons from the intestines. Before use, check the expiration date, read the rules of dispensing.
Examples of drugs:
- activated carbon;
- white coal;
Sorbents need to drink plenty of water. It is necessary to speed up their actions.
To begin to deal with dehydration immediately after cleansing the stomach. In order not to provoke repeated vomiting, you should drink little and often, such as 1 tablespoon every 2-3 minutes.
When mushroom poisoning, you can drink drinking water or mineral water. The main thing – to release gases from the liquid.
What to do if patient is unconscious
If you see that the victim begins to lose consciousness, lay it on a flat surface, turn the head to one side. This is necessary to prevent zahlebyvayas vomit and the tongue.
Before the arrival of the brigade SMP monitor the presence of breathing and heartbeat. Pulse it is best to check on the carotid artery in the neck, where it is placed closest to the skin, and it’s easy to test. In the presence of the breath should be felt in the excursion of the chest.
Open the Windows, loosen the affected tie, the shirt, make sure that he did not prevent to breathe freely.
If you still have time before the arrival of doctors, collect all the necessary things for hospitalization, find the documents (passport, health card).
Tell the paramedics arrived on a call about what happened with the patient, details will list the symptoms that indicate the time of eating mushroom dishes, describe the amount of joy aid.
Doctors will examine the patient, check blood pressure, saturation of blood oxygen (saturation), respiratory rate and heart rate. Then the doctors will start rendering first aid. It may consist of:
- connect the patient to an oxygen tank via a respiratory mask. Oxygen is essential to improve the functioning of the Central nervous system and to correct hypoxia, respiratory failure;
- intravenous fluids to eliminate intoxication and dehydration. This can be glucose, saline, Trisol, disol, reosorbilakt, reopoligljukin;
- the introduction of corticosteroids is in the development of shock;
- the introduction of painkillers and anti-nausea medications;
- administration of drugs that regulate heart function and vascular tone.
Then doctors carry out hospitalization of the poisoned person to the Department of toxicology or intensive care.
Peculiarities of treatment in the hospital
The duration of hospital stay depends on the patient, his development of complications. Components of the inpatient treatment:
- hemodialysis – cleansing the blood of toxins using an artificial kidney. It is indicated for the poisoning poisonous mushroom species;
- anti-nausea drugs – helps eliminate nausea, retching clean;
- droppers with solutions to correct dehydration and to establish electrolyte balance;
- symptomatic medications (antispasmodics, analgesics);
- treatment of complications;
- special diet and strict bed rest.
In order to determine how to treat the patient and to identify possible complications, the doctor may need the results of additional laboratory and instrumental research. Examination of the patient is conducted in parallel with the first aid, it consists of:
- a General detailed analysis of blood;
- General analysis of urine;
- blood test for toxins;
- biochemical analysis of blood;
- Ultrasound of internal organs.
Remember that mushrooms, which poisoned the patient, do not immediately throw out. They can be used to identify toxic substances.
Prevention of mushroom poisoning
Mushroom poisoning is much easier to prevent than to cure. Often it is due to the negligence and knowledge of the basic rules of choosing, buying and cooking of mushrooms. Below we have collected basic tips that you can use to carry out effective prevention of mushroom poisoning.
- Do not buy mushrooms with it. Unscrupulous hunters in pursuit of easy and quick profits collect mushrooms along the trails, in areas contaminated plants and large industry. It is best to buy them in large supermarkets or at certified markets.
- When purchasing, pay attention to appearance, smell. Mushrooms with visible injuries, a pungent odor, easily detached legs from the caps not fit for human consumption.
- Don’t combine alcohol with mushrooms.
- Before eating of canned mushroom pay attention to appearance banks and working life. Swollen, expired, damaged canned mushroom to eat is dangerous.
- Thoroughly wash and thermally correctly handle the mushrooms.
- Do not pick mushrooms yourself, if you are not confident in their knowledge and experience.
Please note that, according to the recommendations of nutritionists, all mushroom dishes are not recommended for children under 12 years.
Mushroom poisoning is especially dangerous condition that often leads to death. His treatment must be carried out by doctors in the hospital. Correctly provided first aid improves the prognosis, reduces the toxicity. The appearance of the first clinical manifestations of mushroom poisoning, call the ambulance. To try to cure the patient personally in the home is risky, he could die from respiratory or cardiovascular failure, liver failure, kidney damage, hemolysis, internal bleeding.