Vomiting, diarrhea and fever in adults: symptoms, causes, treatment
What to do when disorder of the gastrointestinal tract
Vomiting, diarrhea and fever in adults – a reaction to the ingress of viruses, infections and toxins. In addition, ulcer, acute appendicitis, and even cancer can also be accompanied by these symptoms. Take action immediately, as long stay in this condition may result in dehydration. Vomiting and diarrhea at elevated temperatures do not threaten an adult with some terrible consequences. But for a small child, these symptoms are very dangerous, as infection in the baby’s body may lead to serious consequences.
Disease, accompanied by vomiting, diarrhea and fever
Causes of vomiting and diarrhea with temperature can be very different. Therefore, when recovery does not occur after 3-4 days, you should immediately visit a gastroenterologist.
The emergence of reactions from the blood may be the result of intoxication of the organism in contact with it rotavirus. For intestinal flu (the second name of the disease) is characterized by vomiting, fever, sore throat, diarrhea and General weakness. Transmitted infection through unwashed fruits and vegetables, utensils, common towel. Rotavirus infection is very contagious. The incubation period of illness is 1-5 days.
In contact with a sick person infection may occur in a few hours, and if the person is not characterized strong immune system, he can get in an hour. This disease is dangerous because very quickly there is a dehydration, so you need to constantly maintain the water-salt balance.
A scheme of treatment of intestinal flu, which would help speed up the healing process does not exist. To remove toxins from the gastrointestinal tract enterosorbent need. In this case, you need to be treated with activated carbon. It should be drunk according to the standard scheme – one tablet for every 10 kg of body weight. Welcome smecta is also appropriate as it not only will provide absorbent action, but will not harm the microflora and lead from the body harmful substances. To prevent dehydration and restore electrolyte balance will help regidron. One sachet of the drug dissolved in a liter of water and taken throughout the day 50 ml hourly. At the beginning of the disease need to have on hand a bottle of water every 10-15 minutes to drink it a SIP, but no more. If time does not begin treatment, the disease can result in dysentery.
Most often the disease occurs because of the ingestion of toxic substances and harmful microbes. You can get poisoned by feeding an exotic fruit or stale meat. In addition, poisoning can result from overdose or wrong medication. Exposure to hazardous chemicals is also belongs to one of the types of food poisoning. Also vomiting, severe diarrhea and temperature can be the result of eating stale or expired product. In addition, if in packaging and storage were not met hygiene standards, the product can deteriorate previously mentioned in the marking period. The first symptoms appear throughout the day after eating a stale product. For food poisoning characterized by nausea, vomiting, constant diarrhea, fever and chills. With adequate treatment, the disease recedes fast enough, just in 3-4 days.
Measures to be taken upon detection of diarrhea, vomiting, and temperature of food poisoning:
- clear pinkish stomach solution of manganese or water-salt solution;
- do not forget to drink plenty of liquids to avoid dehydration;
- eating only gentle products: liquid porridge on the water without butter, vegetable soups, crackers;
- make the sorbents and any other drugs taken only on the advice of a specialist.
Viral hepatitis is a disease that affects the liver tissue. Than to cure is a serious condition that can be defined only by the doctor.
This disease develops from ingestion of viruses of different origin.
There are many types of viruses but the most common ones are hepatitis A, b, C.
To understand that vomiting, diarrhea and fever provoked viral hepatitis alone is not possible. The disease is diagnosed only after passing a series of tests. Therefore, if digestive disorders are not for an extended period, you must immediately consult a doctor, as this disease is insidious and may take time to masquerade as a normal poisoning.
Drug treatment of vomiting and diarrhea
Upon detection of such symptoms as chills, aches, diarrhea, vomiting and fever it is better to call a doctor. However, if for any reason this is not possible, you must know what steps can be taken in this case:
- Do not immediately stop the diarrhea antidiarrheal drugs Imodium type and loperamide, especially if you consult with a specialist is impossible, and the nature of the disease is unclear. Through diarrhea and vomiting, the body tries as soon as possible to be cleansed from toxic substances, and if you stop these processes, the toxins may enter the bloodstream and spread throughout the body.
- If the temperature rose sharply with diarrhea and vomiting, should take enterosorbents such as activated charcoal or white charcoal, sorbex or smectite. The dosage should be determined according to the instructions to the drug. When taking activated charcoal would be difficult to understand, whether in the bloody Calais impurities mucus and, as the chair after he has a black color.
- It will not hurt to do a cleansing enema, with the addition of the sorbent, for example, smecta – its application is thus appropriate, as it has a mild effect on the intestinal wall and no worse prevents the spread of toxins.
- As mentioned above, to avoid dehydration, you need to maintain the water-salt balance. Help can be given rehydron, however, the drug should be used with caution, as it too can cause vomiting hypersensitive.
- What to do if it is discovered that a person simply «ripped off» the stomach due to excessive consumption of fatty foods? To speed up the metabolic processes can make or festal, Mezim.
- When diarrhea and vomiting at elevated temperatures is the consequence of a bacterial infection, without antibiotics not to manage. Such preparations appoint only a competent specialist, and intestinal infections can take the drug nifuroxazide or its analogues.
- To remove the spasms and retching will help a well-known tranquilizer diazepam.
If the thermometer showed 38 it is not necessary to refer to the antipyretic. Fever is a protective reaction of the organism, it suggests that there is a process active in the fight against disease. Expert advice is necessary in this case, and while the patient waits for his arrival, you should drink plenty of fluids and to alleviate the condition of a rubdown.
The methods of traditional medicine is also not powerless when withdrawal symptoms such as body aches, chills, vomiting, diarrhea and fever. Decoctions and infusions restore the patient’s strength, and accelerate recovery:
- Spasmodic pain in the stomach and intestines cropped a weak decoction of chamomile.
- If he rolls the nausea and the patient feels exhausted, it will help tea with lemon and mint leaves.
- When aching bones, will help the hips. Due to the diuretic action they help to reduce the temperature, and the tea with cranberry and lime colour tones and takes away chills.
- A decoction of fennel seeds take to get rid of cramps and abdominal pain. Receiving it in small portions not only relieves pain and restores peristalsis.
- Ginger tea in small amounts removes retching, diarrhea and helps to reduce the temperature of an adult. To achieve the effect didn’t need to use it in large quantities, as it is very fragrant and can cause the opposite effect. Just one teaspoon a few times a day.
- The infusion of the peel of pomegranate is a natural sorbent which effectively fight against toxins in disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and helps to free the body from infection. For its preparation you will need two tablespoons of grated peel, in which you pour 400 ml of boiling water. Hold the broth needs covered for thirty minutes, after which it can be consumed throughout the day in small portions.
The traditional methods at high temperature, diarrhea and vomiting, can only be used as concomitant therapy. Their significance is not undermined by its, however, such symptomatology is impossible and even dangerous to ignore medication. The selection of the appropriate treatment is always the doctor, it is not always possible to cope with the disease on their own and at home.
How to facilitate the course of the disease
In order to quickly recover and get rid of the diarrhea, vomiting and fever, you need to follow the diet and to maintain water balance. Diarrhea and high fever retreat, if you follow the simple rules:
- Eat only easily digestible foods in small quantities. This cereal with water, rice water, light broths and crackers, boiled mashed potatoes without butter.
- Drinking water is not necessary – it can cause vomiting and diarrhea. To avoid dehydration, drink enough water in small portions, but often.
- To air – the fresh air relieves, relieves retching and removes headache. When the temperature is too exasperated, and approaching 39, you can use a sponge bath.
- Treating the mouth with mint or decoction of chamomile – it helps to stop the incessant vomiting.
When you follow these simple recommendations, the symptoms gradually go away, the patient will feel much better.
When to call the doctor
To go to the doctor never hurts, but under certain conditions it is not only possible, but imperative to do so. Reasons to call the ambulance or doctor in the house:
- detection of dehydration symptoms: dry skin, infrequent urination, dark urine, excessive thirst, paleness, discomfort in the heart region;
- diarrhea with flecks of blood or vomiting with blood impurities;
- fever or temperature 37 that lasts for several days.
As a rule, the arrival of the emergency patient sent to the hospital for tests and determine the causes of the disease.
Disorders of the digestive system can be alarm bells for many diseases, so if they do not stop, and returns periodically, it is hardly banal food poisoning. Under these symptoms the patient must provide the rest, to give the treatment and to drink water constantly. To accelerate recovery, you can turn to folk remedies, but only a doctor can prescribe the right treatment after finding out the causes of these symptoms.