What happens if you eat bread with mold poisoning mold

Can I eat bread with mold

Mold on bread can occur even several days after its preparation. Most of us don’t know what happens if you eat moldy bread if they get poisoned? Some believe such a flawed product is useful and often use it in food. In this article, what happens if you eat bread mold, is there any benefit and harm from this product, whether it can lead to chronic or dangerous diseases, on the contrary, to cure ailments.

What is mold, why it appears on the bread

Bread mold is a fungi that has grown on low-quality or spoiled bread. It is dangerous for the human body, especially for children, pregnant women and the elderly.

The following are the main causes of mold in bread.

  • Improper storage of bread. The mould development is favoured by humid and warm environment. In this climate, the fungi multiply rapidly and their spores fill the entire area of the bread.
  • Violation of sanitary-hygiene and temperature conditions in the preparation of bread. In doughy bread products can wind up mushrooms.
  • Improper and inadequate preparation of bakery products. To reduce costs and increase the benefits of bread producers can mix in the flour milled expired bread, use low-quality ingredients.

In some cases, you can eat the mold

The use of a mold is allowed only in specially prepared hard cheese. «Noble» white mold is part Camembert and brie. Blue and green mold can appear in many types of cheese. If this product includes the presence of mold, the use of it, as a rule, safely.

Please note that cheese is a highly allergenic product. You can’t eat children, pregnant women and people prone to allergies suffering from bronchial asthma.

If hard cheese, there was mold due to prolonged or improper storage, this product is considered dangerous and unfit for use as food.

READ  Tablets causing vomiting: a list of emetic drugs

Mold on bread: benefits and harms

Is it possible to poison the bread? Mold on bread harmful and dangerous. It would be of no benefit to humans. It is forbidden to eat bread, which began to appear signs of fungal infection. Spoiled bread often receives a green and black mold. We often see it on the bread crust of the product. But in fact, the fungal spores spread uniformly on the entire thicker of a loaf of bread, and eat it, cutting the «colored» crust, you can’t.

Please note that mold on bread, you can not only eat, but to inhale. The fungal spores, when inhaled into the lungs, not cause poisoning. They lead to the development of fungal pneumonia, chronic respiratory system. If people inhaled a lot of mold, he should consult a doctor and to examine the lungs.

Pink mold on bread is a sign of the potato disease, it develops as a result of infection of wheat, which were made of flour.

The person who ate bread with mold, can develop severe food poisoning. If moldy food to eat regularly, increases the risk of cancer malignant pathologies.

Symptoms of acute poisoning mold

Mold poisoning can case of single use of bread infected by it. The severity of clinical manifestations depends on the amount eaten by the poor quality of moldy bread and on the concentration of fungal spores in it. When mold poisoning symptoms develop over 4-56 hours after its consumption.

Please note that the symptoms of mold poisoning are more pronounced in children. The child who ate moldy product, may also develop severe allergic reaction, bronchial asthma.

The main clinical signs of poisoning bread mold:

  • feeling pain in the abdomen. Most often it is localized under «spoon» – in the region of the stomach;
  • bloating and intestinal colic, increased discharge of gases;
  • nausea and subsequent vomiting. If you eat a large number of bad bread, the stomach begins to try to get rid of toxins;
  • headache and dizziness – symptoms of intoxication syndrome;
  • the fever is rare. It indicates the patient’s condition and a pronounced intoxication syndrome;
  • violation of the chair. It becomes fast and fluid, develops diarrhea;
  • tachycardia – rapid heartbeat. This symptom is a result of fluid loss, dehydration and intoxication.
READ  Is it harmful to drink soda than it is harmful for the human body

If you eat mold, you can get not only the symptoms of acute food poisoning, but an allergic reaction. To its manifestation more likely children and people with allergies.

To allergic manifestations of the use of mold include:

  • allergic rhinitis – copious serous rhinitis with nasal congestion in which there is a discharge from the nose and watery transparent mucus, and frequent sneezing;
  • allergic conjunctivitis is manifested by redness of eyes, lacrimation;
  • urticaria – skin rashes red in color, accompanied by severe itching. It can coalesce into large spots;
  • angioedema angioedema, which is manifested by edema of the subcutaneous adipose tissue. May be accompanied by cough, hoarseness.

First aid for poisoning mold

With the development of symptoms of poisoning, bread mold, you should immediately call the ambulance. Particularly dangerous are allergic reactions that can occur after contact with fungal spores.

Before arrival of physicians begin to independently provide first aid to the poisoned person. It consists of:

  • lavage of the stomach cavity. The patient should gulp to drink a liter of plain water and snatch it up;
  • cleansing enema water of room temperature;
  • reception of sorbents (APSCO, smectite, Polisorb, enterosgel);
  • copious drinking. You can drink water and sweet tea.

Remember that if a person is poisoned by mouldy bread, is allergic or sick with bronchial asthma, you need to give him the drugs that are prescribed by the doctor against allergic attacks.

Medical treatment

The physicians who have arrived on a call, will render first aid to the patient and hospitalityat him to the hospital. Treatment of poisoning by the mold consists of:

  • droppers with solutions to reduce intoxication;
  • antifungal drugs;
  • antiemetic drugs;
  • enzymes;
  • diet.
READ  How to withdraw salt from the body folk remedies

The duration of stay in hospital depends on the severity of the patient’s condition. Treatment of mild poisoning can be performed at home, but under medical supervision.

How to protect yourself from mold poisoning

It should be possible to protect yourself and loved ones from eating moldy bread. The following are recommendations that will help you to do this.

  • Do not eat bread, which has been a hotbed of mold. It can not be used, even cut the crust with visible rot fungi. Such a product should be discarded.
  • Buy bread only in certified and official outlets. By purchasing it at natural markets or from people with hands, you may buy low-quality infected with a fungus product.
  • Store grain products in cool and dry places. The warmth and moisture the ideal breeding ground for fungus.

Eat bread, on which there are signs of mold, dangerous. It can lead to severe food poisoning and acute allergic reactions. Treatment of acute poisoning broken bread can be performed in a hospital or at home. All drugs and medicines prescribed by the doctor after inspection and examination of the patient. Self-treatment of such intoxication dangerously.

MAXCACHE: 0.48MB/0.00058 sec