What to do when sick, how to get rid of this disease
What to do when sick: General guidelines how to improve well-being
Nausea is one of the most unpleasant symptoms. Once her appearance, is not likely to indicate serious pathology. But if nausea appears regularly, you need to listen to that signal your body and undergo a complete examination. Why deteriorating health and what to do when you are sick, we will talk about this further.
Persistent nausea and vomiting to exhaust the body and worsen the quality of life. But the main danger of this unpleasant condition – the potential risks and consequences associated with the loss of useful substances or, even worse, a possible rupture of the mucosa due to the constantly generated pressure. So it is very important to timely establish the cause of the nausea.
The main causes of nausea:
- Gastritis or ulcer. In these diseases the feeling of nausea increases after each meal, accompanied by heartburn, feeling of heaviness in the stomach.
- Pathology of the gallbladder. Often the General clinical picture presented vomiting during a meal, flatulence, pain on the right and an unpleasant metallic taste in the mouth.
- Pancreatitis. The above symptoms are combined with intestinal disorders may indicate inflammation of the pancreas. The only difference is that the desire to wrest appears after food enters the stomach, but the quantity is not enough enzymes for its digestion.
- Appendicitis. In such cases, the appearance of nausea and vomiting is not dependent on food. Bright sign – pain wandering nature, with gradual localization to the right side, mainly in the lower part of the abdomen. May increase the temperature.
- Poisoning, intestinal infections. Nausea and stomach pain appear some time after eating, then increasing before the first episode of vomiting. Field of this the patient’s condition improved a bit, but the effect of facilitating short-term. In addition to General signs of intoxication (weakness in the body, fever, dizziness), there is diarrhea.
- Disruption of the vestibular apparatus. Nausea and dizziness are sudden in nature with a sharp change in body position, tilt of the head. As concomitant symptoms can lead to tinnitus and headaches.
- Hypertension (high blood pressure). When chronically high blood pressure cause nausea and dizziness not related with food intake. Particularly troubling symptom in the morning time of the day, but some seizures may occur throughout the day.
- Injury and brain tumors.
- Disorders of mental nature.
- Morning sickness in pregnant women. Morning nausea and vomiting is one of the first signs of pregnancy.
As you can see, causes of constant nausea can be many. And only a qualified specialist on the basis of diagnosis may help to identify the origin of this syndrome. So when you get sick often, it is not recommended to self-medicate. Otherwise, the disease can become chronic, which is difficult to treat. But if we are talking about diseases of the brain, even the slightest delay can cost lives.
What if you felt sick
In the constant nausea, the survey should start with a visit to the therapist. After the initial inspection will be scheduled common tests that will help to clarify the picture of the disease. When all results are ready, issued a direction on further consultations with specialists.
If you can not see a doctor, have to act independently. First aid if a person is sick, should be aimed at addressing not only symptoms but also causes. Therefore, you need to pay attention to all changes in health status of the patient.
Sick after a fatty meal
If you strongly feel sick, and vomit after a fatty dinner, aches under the rib on the right side, and in the vomit there are traces of bile, most likely, you are worried about the attack of biliary colic. Before turning to the doctor eliminate from the diet all fatty meats, sweets and spicy seasonings. Eat small meals up to 6 times a day. And be sure to drink water!
First aid for colic bile – antispasmodic drugs (Allergy, no-Spa), domperidone (motilium, domid) and pantoprazole (rabeprazole) must. Half an hour after taking the pill, it is necessary to eat, even if the nausea has not gone.
If the pain increases, fever and dark urine is observed, immediately call an ambulance!
Sick after spicy food and spirits
Nausea and mild pain under the rib on the left side may indicate a malfunction of the pancreas. Permitted drugs: no-Spa, panking, reglan. With the appearance of vomiting and diarrhea and require hospitalization.
Regular symptoms of pancreatic cancer can greatly complicate the life of. Over time, abdominal pain becomes to bother you all more often after each meal. But without relief to the patient with acute pancreatitis may be fatal.
Nausea food poisoning
The main difference between the symptoms of food poisoning from pancreatitis – the absence of abdominal pain. In addition to nausea, the patient was worried about periodic vomiting and loose stools with mucus. High temperature in combination with these symptoms indicates exposure to intestinal infections. In this situation, self-treatment without diagnosis of the causative agent would be ineffective and even dangerous.
For treatment of nausea in normal food poisoning used sorbents (enterosgel, activated charcoal, smectite). If you suspect infection is taken TopGear or enterofuril. Also shown to the patient to drink plenty of liquids to prevent dehydration due to diarrhoea.
Food poisoning is forbidden to take Imodium or loperamide. The active substances of drugs block the natural elimination of toxins from the body, nausea and other symptoms of intoxication can only increase.
Nausea and pain in the lumbar region
Severe nausea, vomiting and pain in the lumbar region radiating to the thigh, could be a sign of renal colic. Its causes may be different — ranging from inflammation of the ureter and to the formation of tumors. So with frequent seizures need to be diagnosed to exclude the possible risk of nephrosclerosis.
The only thing that can help in this situation, it is antispasmodic drugs in combination with analgesics. The nausea they certainly will not eliminate, but will save from pain. If within half an hour after taking the drugs is not observed improvements, and nausea and vomiting only increase, call an ambulance.
Nausea and dizziness
The symptoms associated with nausea, can tell a lot about the true causes of this condition. If sick, but not vomiting, and thus there is a strong weakness in my body, and dizzy, perhaps it is about such States:
- The reduction of hemoglobin in the blood. Treatment involves iron-containing diet and the intake of ferrum-drugs.
- Hypoglycemia (lower glucose level). To get rid of nausea, you need to eat something sweet or to drink tea with sugar.
- Low blood pressure. For hypotension with nausea and dizziness helps to cope with a Cup of strong brewed coffee or tea.
- Exhaustion caused by lack of nutrients and vitamins. A balanced diet, taking multivitamin complexes and observance of the regime of work and rest will get rid of frequent nausea.
If worried about nausea and headache, we cannot exclude the following diseases:
- Migraine. Migraine pain is usually concentrated on one side of the head. Nausea, but vomiting is absent. All other parameters (temperature, breathing, speech, motor activity) are normal. Get rid of the nausea and headaches will help drugs based on ergotamine.
- High blood pressure. Nausea, black spots before the eyes and pain in the neck – symptoms jump in blood pressure. First aid – preparations of captopril.
- Encephalitis and meningitis. Both diseases have an infectious etiology and have pronounced symptoms of intoxication. In both cases, inpatient treatment is shown.
The stroke! If in addition to nausea observed violation of the speech and motor activity, the patient complains of numbness of the hands or feet, loses consciousness, do not waste time on self. Only in a hospital can provide expert assistance. And the sooner this is done, the greater the chance to minimize the consequences.
What to do when sick in transport
Complaints of motion sickness in transport – a very common phenomenon. If every trip in the car is invariably accompanied by nausea, you should consult with a neurologist. The doctor will help you choose the gymnastic exercises for vestibular training and preparations to facilitate your condition while traveling.
It is impossible to buy generic pills «motion sickness in transport.» These medications are too large list of side effects and contraindications to mindlessly accept them every time you have somewhere to go.
General recommendations on how to get rid of nausea in transport:
- don’t go on an empty stomach or immediately after a meal;
- do not sit on the last seat, choose a seat as close to the driver;
- sit down this way to go ahead;
- do not read books and not sit in the phone/tablet while driving;
- if possible, keep the Windows open to the fresh air;
- take a sour or mint candies.
If you are still inexorably sick, you need to get out of the car and breathe fresh air. In the absence of contraindications, you can take a pill for nausea (dramina and others) for another half hour before the intended visit. But it should be a one-off and in the most extreme cases.
No need to fight with the body, drowning out all kinds of nausea pills. Listen carefully to this signal, begin to take measures to identify the causes of these attacks. The sooner the disease is detected, the easier it is treatable.