What to give a child with vomiting and nausea
Vomiting in children: how to treat
Vomiting is a frequent phenomenon in the life of every child. This condition often characteristic of young children from 1 year to 5 years who have retching occur for different reasons. Parents should pay attention to such an important symptom and if necessary call an ambulance. Only a few know that to give a child with vomiting and the baby to drink aged 2 years to 8 years.
Vomiting in baby
Young children often spit up formula or milk, so vomiting can be distinguished by the force of the pressure fluid. In this state, the baby wants to eat, he becomes whiny and lethargic. One of the reasons of emergence of vomiting, is coughing, although factors are Escherichia coli, colds, viruses, malware parasites. A little hard to get a drink or something to eat from the attack of vomiting which threatening dehydration. The best way to restore all of the functions in child’s organism is the mother’s milk. In the period of the disease often necessary to put baby to the breast.
How to ease the child’s condition
Before arrival of doctors it is necessary to adhere to the rules of first aid:
- Frequent urge to vomit is forbidden to leave the baby alone.
- There is a high risk of getting food with vomiting in the respiratory system, causing suffocation. To avoid this, the baby flipped on its side and fits into a half-upright position.
- The baby’s mouth should be wiped and rinsed with clean water after every attack of vomiting. For this is good syringe without a needle. Manipulation will allow you to avoid rashes and irritation on the skin.
- At the time you want to refuse to eat and thus to help the child with vomiting.
- Before the arrival of the ambulance is prohibited to give the child any potent drugs. Because of wrong choice of medication, the patient’s condition may deteriorate. This applies to toddler 4 years old and 7 years old child.
- When there is blood in the vomit, the child must lie on the bed with ice packs. Also a child can be given to dissolve a piece of ice, helping to stop the bleeding thanks to the effects of cold. In this case, it is impossible to give much to drink.
To aggravate the situation can exercise, so the patient should be in bed.
How to troubleshoot vomiting
From nausea and retching will help not only medicines, but also recipes of traditional medicine.
From nausea and retching will help not only medicines, but also recipes of traditional medicine:
- Dill water. This natural medicine helps relieve frequent and severe vomiting. To prepare it you need 1 teaspoon of seeds pour a glass of boiling water and infuse for 15 minutes. Then the mixture was placed for 30 minutes in a water bath. The baby should be given 1 tsp. of gripe water throughout the day. This quick method is used for any children’s age, including infants.
- Peppermint. Tincture from the leaves to help cope with vomiting with impurities bile. In 250 ml of boiling water it is necessary to throw 2 tbsp of herbs insist 2 hours and take 1 teaspoon 5 times a day. The tool has antispasmodic and choleretic effect.
- Melissa. To suppress the retching will allow tincture: 1 tbsp. l. raw is filled with 1.5 glass of boiling water. A natural medicine need to wrap up warm for an hour. The solution was then filtered, heated and the patient drinks it, 0,5 teaspoon every 2 hours.
- Valerian. A decoction of the plant is used in the vomiting, if the child is over 3 years old. For the manufacture of tools requires 1 tsp. dry crushed root herbs, pour a glass of boiling water, boil for 15 minutes in a water bath. After the broth has cooled, it must filter out and take 1.5 teaspoons three times a day.
- Quince. The fruit is an effective and delicious cure for the disease. He used small portions of baked or cheese, but powdered form. This product is a 6 years old child will take pleasure in.
- Saline solution. This way of dealing with vomiting replaces the receiving pharmacy drug regidron, which is not always at hand. For quick preparation you will need in a liter of hot boiled water dissolve 0.5 teaspoon of baking soda and salt. Then added 4 tbsp of sugar.
Green tea tones and acts as a simple anti-nausea drug. To improve its taste you can add a little honey or sugar.
These cure for nausea and stomach pain for kids are replaced by another effective collection. In equal proportions mix ingredients such as chamomile, mint and lemon balm in powdered form. The Cup should pour 1 tablespoon of the mixture pour boiling water and leave to stand for half an hour. Ready broth is filtered, and the child will drink it 0.5 teaspoon three times a day. You can give the child up to 3 years.
Treatment of vomiting medicines
To speed up the process of vomiting, use of pharmacy medicines. One must stop only when you repeat it more than three times and the presence in the vomit bile or blood. First aid for vomiting in a child – to prevent dehydration child’s body. This is performed if the child is under 3 years old. In this case, it is necessary to unsolder every 10 minutes of a teaspoon. Do it are preparations containing vitamins, minerals and nutrients.
The most popular and effective drugs are regidron and «Humana electrolyte». These funds are issued in the form of powder, which is soluble in water according to instructions. How to unsolder the child regidron, specified in the regulations. If you do not have pharmacy drugs, they will easily replace mineral water «Borjomi» or «Essentuki». A bottle of water is opened to release gases. Falling sick child also is sweet tea.
Young patients from vomiting apply such preparations:
- activated carbon.
Sometimes, a child with difficulty taking medication, which may trigger another bout of vomiting. In the absence of a bowel movement of the baby during the day, we should call this process. To do this, use candles with glycerin. At the age of 5 years old children are assigned to standard medical drugs that establish the digestive system.
You can give the child vomit Pancreatin, Motorex, Mezim. If the age of a child less than 5 years, it is necessary to take supplements with food bacteria. Vomiting effective drugs are bifidumbakterin and probifor. Also, these pharmaceutical products are used as a prevention of dysbiosis. In protracted vomiting, parents should call an ambulance.
To resolve pathologies that develop with vomiting in a child, the doctor makes an injection once a drug cerucalum. The medicine allows instantly stops the vomiting attack, helping to take the baby to the hospital.
The doctor prescribes the examinations and treatment based on the patient’s condition. After a single vomiting parents don’t have to worry.
Psychogenic vomiting in children
Often, little ones have retching due to the nervous strain, excitement, fear. This becomes conspicuous as a result of the desire of crumbs to attract attention. Also babies have thrown up stomach contents after the forced feeding, but it is the normal body temperature and the child feels well. Sometimes psychogenic type of vomiting is repeated periodically in combination with other signs of autonomic dysfunction. A single attack is required to drink plenty of liquids and rest.
The treatment is to remove neurosis and soothing. Comprehensive therapy involves the examination of a neurologist, psychologist, psychiatrist. When the baby feels that starts the attack of vomiting, he needs to take a deep breath and a drink of cold water. In this case, the doctor may prescribe sedatives, vitamins and recommends that you work with a psychologist.
Vomiting at elevated acetone
In children with acetoneiso a crisis often develops repeated vomiting due to the high content of acetoacetic acid and acetone in the blood of the baby. The disease is characterized by pain in the abdomen, increased body temperature and nausea in children. Parents may notice the smell of acetone in vomit, urine or air, which exhales kid.
In this case, it is strictly forbidden to give the baby food for 6-8 hours. In this state it is necessary to drink a lot, so give your child to drink every 15 minutes decoction of dried fruit or mineral water without gas. The failure to use any liquid, drink is injected with a pipette or syringe, and its rate is 100 ml per 1 kg of body weight of the child.
With continued vomiting, the child has an effective remedy is a hot salt pillow. It helps to reduce spasm of the stomach and warming the stomach. Is applied to such a heating pad that is on the stomach, and not on the entire surface of the abdomen:
- In a hot pan, heated 1 tbsp. of sea salt with no additives for 5 minutes until hot. It is necessary to take a bag or pillowcase and put salt in it. The size of the cushion should match the region of the stomach crumbs.
- To avoid burn injury, you have a hot pillow wrapped in a thin towel a few times if it will be too hot for the baby. The warmer should not burn, but only heat well.
- The pillow is retained in the stomach until relieved. If necessary, is a half-hour break, salt is heated again and the heating procedure repeated.
When urgent help is needed
In some symptoms it is necessary to call an ambulance:
- severe pain in the abdomen;
- the increase in body temperature;
- frequent diarrhea with green stools;
- vomiting occurs more often than three times in two hours;
- there is a risk of poisoning;
- strengthening retching;
- convulsions in children;
- rare urination;
- vomiting occurs even after minor amounts of liquid.
When the treatment of vomiting not required
Sometimes the child has vomiting for a number of reasons and does not require medical intervention:
- Regurgitation in infants. This is a normal process that does not harm the baby. This phenomenon occurs in infants due to the collapse of formula or milk in the swallowing of air and filling of the stomach. Parents should start to worry only in case if the baby spits up a fountain with spasms of the stomach wall.
- Lure. Introduction to a child’s diet unfamiliar food often causes such a reaction. If the new food causes an attack of vomiting, her you need some time off and try to introduce solid foods later. If the same product is not perceived the child’s body after a while, you should consult a doctor to rule out the possibility of individual intolerance.
- Heavy foods. The immature digestive system of the baby might react by vomiting too many fried, fatty or sweet foods in his diet.
- Reflex. This condition usually appears during the catarrhal diseases, accompanied by snot, sore throat and cough. After treatment of the underlying disease vomiting will disappear on their own.
- Acclimatization. On vacation, the child may suffer from solar overheating, unusual dishes, different time zone. These factors lead to indigestion and vomiting.
Diet for vomiting
To alleviate the patient’s condition, it is necessary to observe some principles of eating:
- Crushing. Foods to give the baby small portions of 6 techniques.
- Warm food. To improve the assimilation and digestion of products, you can’t eat them cold and hot.
- Especially cooking. The diet of the child with vomiting should not include fried. The best option is steamed, boiled, baked or steamed food.
- Grinding. During the illness the child is shown to use mashed potatoes, soup, porridge, meat balls, but not dry and sticky food.
- In this state, baby contraindicated eat much, so after 1-2 days of fasting, you can begin to enter into the diet of light meals a La carte.
During the period of recovery can give a child nausea and vomiting apples baked, cereal without milk, lean meats and fish. During illness it is necessary to refuse from sweet, canned, fresh bread, fresh fruit and vegetables, juices and carbonated drinks. Diet you need to follow from 3 days to several weeks, depending on the stage of the disease and the condition of the baby.
It is impossible to treat lightly the vomiting of the baby, especially when you are unclear, its causes. In a severe stage of the disease is strictly forbidden to self-medicate. If in vomitus is present in the blood, you should immediately call an ambulance.