White coal and black coal: difference and distinction
The difference between white and black charcoal
Sorbents are drugs-«rescuers» in the treatment and first aid in case of acute poisoning. They are able to neutralize, bind and excrete harmful substances and toxins. The most famous and oldest drug in this group is activated carbon. Now on the pharmacological market appeared a lot of new sorbents differing in speed, price, method of admission. In this article we examined the difference between white coal and black coal, the main indications and contraindications to using these medications are their major differences.
What is activated carbon
Black activated charcoal – drug, familiar to us since childhood. It is available in tablets, has a characteristic coal black color to dye the tongue and teeth when taken orally.
This drug is made from natural charcoal, which, by means of special chemical reactions, to activate. Such treatment facilitates the opening of the coal pores, and gives him all those pharmacological properties that it possesses.
Previously, he was the first and main drug of the group of sorbents. And widely used in medicine. In our time it does not hand over their positions. Many patients still rely on this drug, it continues to be widely used in case of poisoning.
All sorbents can be independently taken only at the stage of rendering the patient first aid. Long taking them should be addressed with your doctor.
The main disadvantage of the drug is inconvenient for its use. In acute poisoning, the dosage of activated carbon can be very large. For every 10 kg weight of the patient need to take 1 pill. That is, if the patient’s weight is 7 kg, it should be a time to take 7 pills. If severe nausea and General weakness, severe intoxication it is not always easy.
Doctors recommend to speed up the action of the drug prior to taking it to grind or simply to chew.
Description white charcoal
White coal is a sorbent of new generation. It also comes in pill form. They are white, and more pleasant to the taste.
In the preparation includes:
- silicon dioxide;
- microscopic connections of cellulose;
- powdered sugar.
The main difference between white coal from black required less dosage to achieve a therapeutic effect. The patient does not need to take a mouthful of the drug. Also white coal begins to act faster, he is able more efficiently and quickly to cope with hazardous toxins.
White coal does not cause constipation. After administration of activated charcoal patients often meet with difficulty to go to the toilet. White charcoal does not inhibit intestinal motility, it promotes more rapid release of toxins from the intestinal lumen.
Indications for supplementation
White and black coal have the same indications for use. Their action is aimed at neutralizing the contents of the stomach and intestines and for removing the intoxication syndrome caused by acute poisoning.
The main indications for administration of these sorbents include:
- Flatulence, flatulence and intestinal colic. It should be noted that with this problem more effectively and quickly cope white coal.
- Acute poisoning (food, drugs, alcohol). Both of the drug entering the stomach, begin to relate all substances in its cavity. They literally neutralize them, not allowing them to exacerbate the intoxication.
- Hepatitis. Sorbents are used to reduce the toxicity caused by reduced efficiency of the liver.
- Acute allergic reactions and responses. Sorbents particularly effective in allergic processes, in which the allergen was in the digestive system. The sorbents included in the treatment of atopic dermatitis, angioedema, urticaria. These drugs destroy the allergens in the gastric cavity and intestine, accelerate stop acute allergic process.
- Acute intestinal infection. Medicines from the group of sorbents to purify the intestines and stomach from pathogenic microorganisms and toxins produced by them.
- Kidney and liver failure. In these diseases, the human body is suffering from severe intoxication caused by an inability of liver and kidneys to fully cope with their functional obligations.
Also, the sorbents can be used in the treatment of many other diseases. The doctor may prescribed for acetonemic syndrome, acute cholecystitis or pancreatitis. To take these medicines only after consulting a doctor.
Often drugs from the group of absorbents used in the purification of organism from slags and toxins. Some clinics and health centers using these medicines in the program of rejuvenation.
White and charcoal are a number of contraindications. To use these medications for these conditions dangerous to health and life of the patient.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding. They appear dark or bloody vomit, melanau (black stools), rapid pulse, pale skin, decrease in blood pressure. Under this condition, you should immediately call an ambulance, not give the patient anything to drink, eat. It is also forbidden to induce vomiting. Before the arrival of doctors it is possible to put the belly of the cold. Such bleeding may develop on the background of acute bleeding, due to profuse vomiting. To it predisposed people with peptic ulcer and chronic gastritis.
- Peptic ulcer of the stomach or intestines. Sorbents can aggravate the condition, lead to a greater lesion of the mucous membrane.
- Intestinal obstruction. This condition is manifested by abdominal pain, violation of stool and gas, bloating. Can rise the body temperature. Sometimes when obstruction appears liquid and watery stool. This condition is urgent and requires immediate surgical intervention. The patient should call an ambulance. Feed him or give any medications, even pain, is strictly prohibited.
In addition to these contraindications, white charcoal has several. It is prohibited for use by children under 14 years, pregnant women and during breastfeeding.
Which drug is better to choose
The difference between white coal from the black that it is better to choose? In fact, speaking of these medicines, it is impossible to say with certainty which one is better which one should be preferred. Both these drugs have a number of advantages and disadvantages.
Below we have provided for you a list of their differences that will help you make a choice and to understand what coal is better: white or black:
- Black coal may be used in all age groups. It is the drug of choice for treatment of children, pregnant and breastfeeding women. It is easy to dose even for the smallest patients, babies.
- Black coal is a drug proven for decades and millions of patients. It has been tested on a large number of patients. Taking it, the man knows what to expect, and I am confident in its safety and quality.
- White coal does not cause constipation, that is, he solves the problem with the main side effect of black coal. Thus, the toxins and poisons associated with the sorbent, the faster out of the body. At the same time, this drug is not conducive to cessation of diarrhoea. And we know that often people take the sorbents with the purpose of stopping diarrhea, symptoms that prevent a full life.
- White charcoal is more effective in flatulence and intestinal colic. He quickly eliminates gas and bloating.
- In the price range of these drugs do not differ significantly from each other. Activated charcoal costs a bit more, but one requires more of his pills.
Despite the above differences, the choice of drug should be doctor who, assessing the condition of the patient, the individual characteristics of his body, decides on the appointment of any drug.
The basic rules of the use of sorbents
Whichever drug from the group of sorbents you started taking, you should strictly follow medical appointment and stick to the dosage. Below are recommendations aimed at improving the safety and efficiency of treatment with sorbents:
- Do not take sorbents a long period. Once in the intestine, they are able to bind and remove not only dangerous, but useful, essential nutrients. Prolonged and uncontrolled use can develop goiter, vitamin deficiency, electrolyte disturbances, exhaustion.
- Before taking this medication, always check its expiration date. Expired medicines can be not only ineffective but dangerous to humans.
- Take sorbents separately from other drugs or from food. They can reduce the effectiveness of drugs, making them the admission meaningless. It is believed that the sorbents should take 1.5-2 hours before and after meals or other drugs.
- Do not use drugs from the group of sorbents for weight loss. Many people mistakenly believe that taking these medications along with food, you can eat anything and not gain weight. In fact, with this method of weight loss you will get not slender figure, and a deficiency of vitamins and nutrients in the body, problems with digestion, skin, teeth and hair. Think about it, if you need them.
- If during treatment with the sorbents you began to feel that your health has deteriorated or you have persistent constipation, you should immediately stop taking them and call your doctor. Perhaps he will cancel them or change to other medicines.
Sorbents are valuable drugs, they can be used not only to cure and cleanse the body of toxins, but also to harm your health. Their uncontrolled use is dangerous.
So, which drugs are better: black or white charcoal? Give to understand and determine this question to the attending doctor. He should prescribe treatment. The home kit should always have some kind of sorbent. It is best to render first aid to keep the house activated charcoal because it can be used for the treatment of children, pregnant and breastfeeding women.