A canker sore after tooth extraction: causes and treatment
The procedure of tooth extraction unpleasant, but often you can avoid it. After the conference there are different negative consequences, including inflammation and bleeding of gums, flux, and others. A canker sore after tooth extraction — one of the most common complications, the manifestation of which is associated with disorders of mucosal tissue in the mouth and formed small ulcers in it.
What is thrush symptoms
Stomatitis — a disease characterized by an inflammatory process that occurs in the oral cavity. It affects the tongue, gums, Palatine arch, the inner tissue of the cheeks, lips and mucous membranes. If you found the mouth whitish bloom, small ulcers, erosions and other damage, you know that symptoms of stomatitis. Typically, development occurs due to infection, poor hygiene of the oral cavity, dental caries, flux. To identify the stomatitis there is no need for any of the tests, the doctor makes a visual examination of the oral cavity and makes a diagnosis based on it. Although the patient is often himself can in many ways determine what it stomatitis: swelling of the mucosa of the gums, cheeks, sublingual portion of the oral cavity, burning sensation.
IMPORTANT: in humans, one day ill with stomatitis, the chance of recurrence increases.
If you do not proceed on time to the treatment of such symptoms, sores appear. They have the form of a circle or oval, marked with a red border, and intra — plaque gray or whitish color. The tissue surrounding education, also looks great. During the meal there are unpleasant and even painful sensations. Can also have the following symptoms:
- increased body temperature;
- swollen lymph nodes;
- loss of appetite;
- possible vomiting after a meal;
- the tongue coating;
- increased slovoobrazovanie.
Causes after tooth extraction
The mucosa of the oral cavity is at risk of infection, especially after carrying out any operations in it. Due to the removal of a tooth can highlight the following causes of disease:
- the use of non sterile instruments during surgery to remove;
- violation of hygienic measures of prevention after the removal, for example, the use of dirty dishes;
- manifestation of Allergy to the anesthesia;
- not the quality of the tooth, where the gums are the remnants, the transformation of the bone in the sharp edge, damaging the gums;
- in place of a remote tooth not formed a blood clot designed to protect damaged tissue from infection;
- the oral hygiene are violated or not complied with;
- a lowered immunity.
Types of stomatitis
In dentistry there are several forms of stomatitis, which depend on the type of underlying infection. Based on the shape of the disease and precipitating the growth of microorganisms varies the prescribed treatment. The most common types of stomatitis:
- catarrhal. The most common type, the main characteristics of which are increased slovoobrazovanie, edema of the mucosa, the formation of a white or yellow plaque on it. In most cases, noticed bleeding gums, and distinct bad breath. Cause this form of the disease candidiasis, carious defects of teeth, poor hygiene of the mouth;
- aphthous. Caused due to Allergy to the injected anesthesia, due to viruses, stomach diseases and genetic predisposition. Manifests itself in three to five ulcers in the mouth, accompanied by pain, a state of weakness;
- ulcerative. This type of disease especially affects people who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract, diseases of the circulatory and cardiovascular systems. Symptoms are pronounced, manifested by increased basal body temperature, swelling of lymph nodes, a large number of sores that cover the entire mucous membrane of the mouth, which is almost impossible to eat;
- Candida. Is caused by fungi, most often sick elderly people and children. Seen burning in the larynx, thick white coating in the oral cavity, the activity of taste buds dulled, because the patient does not feel the taste of food;
- herpes. It activates the herpes virus.
Treatment of male infertility medicines
Though the disease is accompanied by very unpleasant sensations for the patient, but for clinical practice it presents no difficulties in the treatment. Of course, for help in the treatment need to go to the dentist. Although there are situations in which the attending physician is also recommended to consult an endocrinologist, gastroenterologist, immunologist, and other specialists. Such a need arises in cases when the disease is stomatitis is associated with other diseases of a chronic nature, on a background of sharply reduced immunity or failure in the hormonal system.
INTERESTING. The fundamental difference in the treatment of stomatitis in children and adults.
Regardless of the form of stomatitis initially prescribe these therapeutic measures:
- professional cleaning of the tooth cavity, the dentist performs;
- treatment of the oral cavity with antiseptics;
In acute peptic ulcer or canker type disease dentist prescribes locally acting on inflammation means and adjuvants. When Candida stomatitis are appointed by destroying fungus drugs to not only treat the symptoms but also eliminate the cause of the disease. Treatment of ulcerative form of stomatitis should start with destruction of problems in the stomach, that is, eliminate its root causes.
Many self-medicate with detection of stomatitis start to drink antibiotics. And unpleasantly surprised that the improvements should not be. The thing is that if stomatitis is a viral in nature, antimicrobials will not help. Antibiotics are indicated only when the infectious form of the disease.
Means fully and permanently cures stomatitis, does not exist. However, local cure ulcerative lesions with normalization of the oral mucosa — a task that is successfully implemented with the help of medications and folk remedies.
For the treatment of stomatitis are often used antiseptic of local action that may be in the form of:
- ointments and gels.
Among them are the antiseptic spray Geksoral, having antimicrobial and analgesic effects. The active ingredient of the drug to cope with most pathogens. The spray is sprayed for two seconds on the field of mucosal lesions, repeat twice a day. The procedure must be performed after a meal. But tablets also helps to cope with the problem of stomatitis. Also apply special means milking clean ulcer formations. Ulcer healing does not occur because in the RAID. It is therefore necessary to use special ointments that kill the RAID.
After the RAID of the cavity of the ulcer was removed, it is necessary to use the ointment, ensuring the formation of the film on it. Protracted the site of the ulcer protector will protect the damaged mucosa from bacteria and irritating food particles.
With painful course of the disease is prescribed anesthetics, which can be produced in aerosol form and in paste form. Reduce sensitivity, including before eating, such means:
- trimekain and others.
Also recommended toothpaste and dental cream Metrogyl-Denta, antibacterial and slight analgesic properties. Well help rinses with chlorhexidine and digluconate in the formulation. Well helps to heal wounds and to speed up the process processing povrezhdenie castkov iodine for two days. Misconception is the use of treatment stomatitah ulcers green paint, which dries the oral mucosa and for the treatment of infectious-inflammatory diseases do not fit.
Oxolinic, tebrofenovaya and bonaftonovaya ointment will also help to cope with the disease, although to a lesser degree. It is worth considering that for application on a mucous membrane are best suited only drugs in the form of a gel. Creams are not have the desired effect almost immediately Sivas saliva, are not recorded on the mucosa and not having time to be absorbed, exerting effects only on the superficial epithelial layer.
Effective are such tools:
- antiseptic drugs Viferon-gel Holisal-gel used to accelerate recovery processes;
- Solcoseryl gel, Actovegin-gel, the most effective in the aphthous form of stomatitis. Accelerates the regeneration of the mucosa, has a positive effect on erosive and ulcerative lesions of the mouth;
- Miramistin as rinsing with antiseptic effect. The most recommended for herpetic stomatitis;
- Chlorhexidine solution is one of the most effective means. However, one should note that on viral pathogens it does not work, but the bacterial aphthous stomatitis operates perfectly.
In addition to medication for the treatment of stomatitis, there are recipes of traditional medicine, the effectiveness of which sometimes means stepping from the pharmacy.
People with a thrush infection it is necessary to adjust the diet, removing too salty, acidic or spicy food. Ulcers on mucous membrane is very sensitive to such food, become inflamed and start to hurt. You need to consider that when candidal and herpetic stomatitis traditional medicines will not help, as they usually have antiseptic properties, and viruses and fungi have no effect.
Good effect on damaged due to stomatitis layer of epithelial cells has sea buckthorn and rosehip, propolis, vanilla, kartolin. Propolis and honey are also good in the form of applications for local use.
Among all the traditional medicine, capable of coping with the disease and its consequences, to highlight is the following:
- infusions of calendula, sage, St. John’s wort, oak bark, clover, wild geranium, yarrow, root and seeds of burdock and chamomile treatment, you should rinse your mouth. These rinse help to get rid of microorganisms that cause inflammation, and thus relieve it;
- a decoction of rose hips, it must be applied inside, that is to drink, has a positive effect on the immune system, improving natural resistance to disease due to the presence of vitamin C rosehips;
- to rinse well suited antiseptic solutions of potassium permanganate (he must be very weak not to burn the mucous membranes), soda, peroxide with water;
- the infusion of propolis;
- compresses of raw grated potatoes;
- mixed chopped garlic with the yogurt, the mixture is also used in the form of compresses.
The stomatitis not infrequently relapses occur due to the impact of certain factors. Because the first measure of prevention be proper oral hygiene, a normal diet and the immune system.
- The oral hygiene should be adequate, do not make it excessive. Quite regularly two or three times a day, brush your teeth, be sure to visit the dentist once a year. Regular visits to the dental clinic should be a mandatory event, as the immediate removal of dental caries.
- Should be removed from the diet of allergenic foods, too hard, peppery, spicy, since it irritate the possibility of a relapse increases. Alcohol, tomato and orange juice is also recommended to delete.
- Improperly installed braces, dentures or the presence of sharp edges after removal of the tooth and provoke the sores, trauma to the oral cavity, which leads to damage with the subsequent formation of ulcers.
- Don’t forget about good food: eliminate allergens, crunchy, spicy, salty and spicy food. These products irritate the mouth and lead to the resumption of the disease. In addition, it is advisable not to drink orange and tomato juice, and alcohol.
The sooner you begin treatment, the less time it will take. Immediately after you detect signs of stomatitis should start their treatment with hydrogen peroxide or rinse decoction of chamomile. Stomatitis resulting injury to the oral mucosa, it is easier to treat.
Duration of medical therapy for stomatitis depends on the form of disease, immune status of the patient and certain other factors determined by the attending physician. Thus, the disease may last from weeks to twenty days.
Upon detection of any signs of disease you should immediately seek the advice of a physician and not seeking treatment. After correctly administered treatment n Amoret not to allow the disease to develop, reduce its duration, will allow you to choose the right medication to manage your symptoms and effectively eliminate the disease.