A canker sore on tongue: symptoms, how to cure
Most often stomatitis on the oral mucosa occurs in childhood. However, according to statistics this disease occurs not less than 20% of adults. To recognize a canker sore under the tongue or in the language simply by typical clinical manifestations. In order to respond to the problem, we propose to learn about it a little more.
Stomatitis on the tongue: features of the disease
Stomatitis is an inflammatory disease developing on mucous surface of the tongue. In medical terminology any changes to the body associated with inflammation called glossitis.
This disease can occur in an acute form (the easiest) or buy a chronic stage where the sores will appear periodically. In this case, the causes of the violations, most likely, in the pathological processes occurring in the body.
Types of stomatitis
Depending on which is present the type of lesion, stomatitis on the tongue, and the place of its localization are the following varieties of the disease:
- Aphthous appearance. Appears to cause lesions by streptococci or staphylococci. Especially characteristic of this type when treating drugs, containing bismuth or mercury. While eliminating pathology may penetrate ulcerative process deep into the fabric of a language.
- Candida species. Provoke its yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida, which live permanently in the mouth. Most of the activity of fungi is in its infancy, when the immune system is still not fully formed. In adults, people may appearance after antibiotic therapy or hormonal therapy.
- The traumatic form. Bacteria starts as a result of open wound surface on the mucous membrane of the mouth (burns, cuts, scrapes).
- Herpes. Is the result of poor hygiene and is transmitted by airborne droplets.
- Allergic look. With the weakening of immunity or increased individual sensitivity of the body’s reaction may be the formation of the symptoms of stomatitis.
- Ulcerative form. In the absence of proper treatment or the medical history of the patient of gastric ulcer, the disease is complicated by the deep penetration of ulcers in the fabric of a language, and a strong pain.
- Catarrhal form. This is the most mild form that occurs in respiratory diseases, inflammation of the upper respiratory tract, digestive system or teeth.
Each kind of disease may have symptoms that are expressed with a certain degree of gravity. But there is also a common clinical manifestation that has such characteristics:
- redness of the tongue;
- the sensitivity of the body;
- rash or pustules.
|A kind of stomatitis||Symptoms|
With deep ulcers at the site of damage may remain scars.
In very difficult situations, and the running process is possible necrosis of the soft tissues of the tongue.
The same changes can occur on the lips.
Sometimes it is possible to increase in temperature and the appearance of weakness. If you fail to cure thrush on the tongue at this stage, under the white bloom begins to form erosions and ulcers.
Before treating stomatitis, it is necessary to understand the etiology of its occurrence. It appears because of most of the causes associated with disruption of the internal organs, or exogenous factors (external influences).
Speaking about the main causes of the disease, it is possible to distinguish this etiology:
- Bacteria. It is no secret that the mucous membrane of the tongue are millions of bacteria, the activities of which is controlled by a special substance – lysozyme. It is included in the composition of saliva is a powerful antiseptic. When receiving a mechanical failure on the background of a weakened immune system, bacteria begin their pathogenic effects, resulting in white patches. Also this is possible with the presence of chronic diseases, inflammatory or failure in the body.
- Penetration of the infection. For bacteria and viruses to the surface of the tongue is a perfect place for breeding. And almost 90% of reported cases the culprit is the herpes simplex virus.
Also there are several predisposing factors:
- dental disease (caries, pulpitis, gingivitis, etc.);
- allergic reaction;
- Smoking and alcohol abuse (causes dryness);
- incorrect or insufficient oral hygiene;
- sexually transmitted diseases (AIDS and syphilis);
- the presence of helminthes;
- changing levels of hormones (especially in women during menstruation or pregnancy);
- the violations in the digestive tract;
- poisoning by toxic substances;
- the use of drugs;
- the influence of certain groups of medicines, etc.
As you can see there are many reasons for the emergence of pathology. Depending on the etiology of the disease may vary, symptoms, and treatment of stomatitis in the language is chosen depending on the situation and individual to individual.
Diagnosis and treatment
The disease diagnosis is based on medical history and conduct all necessary laboratory and instrumental examinations. Based on these data, the doctor makes a conclusion about the cause of the disease and its form.
How to treat sores on the tongue can tell a doctor. Because therapeutic activities will be based not only on the address that violation, but getting rid of the root causes was the beginning of the development of the disease. The complex of therapeutic measures are diverse and it includes various methods of treatment.
Treatment of medical drugs is the most effective method of therapy. All therapeutic measures are based on such medicines:
- Painkillers. They eliminate the sore tongue and discomfort associated with inflammatory process. This could include such auxiliary medicines, providing the local anesthetic effect:
- Lidocain aseptic, etc.
Are produced in the form of ointments, tablets for sucking, the spray or gels.
- Drugs anti-inflammatory and antiseptic. Eliminate ulcerative process and to prevent the further spread of the mucosa with the use of such drugs:
- The throat;
- Went to the doctor;
- Ingalipt, etc.
The release form is different, namely, pills, sprays, mouthwash, ointment, etc.
- Other drugs. They are used depending on the type of stomatitis on the tongue and the reasons for the education, as well as the existing symptoms and the severity of the process. Additionally, your doctor may prescribe these medicines:
- antiviral (Zovirax, Acyclovir, ointment interferonov);
- antihistamines (Tavegil, Zyrtec, Cethrin);
- antifungal (Mikson, Daktarin, Levorin);
- healing (balsam shestakovskoe, Solkoseril);
- immunostimulating (vitamins).
It is important to remember that the medication must be prescribed by a specialist. When choosing tools always take into account individual hypersensitivity, and calculated the permissible limits.
How quickly cure stomatitis can tell and folk ways. These methods have long enjoyed tremendous popularity. Still preserved recipes to treat the disease at home.
|The name of the recipe||The ingredients and their quantity||Method of application|
All herbs 2 tsp
|All components mix and pour boiling water. Leave for a few hours and rinse with warm decoction of the cavity Rotana for 10 days.|
||Dilute treatment solution in a proportion of 50/50. Rinse them during the day.|
|A compress of potato||
||Grind fresh vegetable and apply on the inflamed areas.|
||Mix all ingredients and grease a homemade ointment inflamed painful areas.|
It is also effective to rinse your mouth with warm solution of chamomile. It has good anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and disinfectant action.
Before you start treatment of folk remedies recommended to consult with your doctor. It is not recommended to lubricate the affected mucosa of the home language aggressive medication in the form of iodine or green fodder. These antiseptics aid will not have, and Vice versa can cause complications.
The appearance of sores on the tongue or across its surface is fraught with complications. If time does not eliminate the pathological focus on the language, it can lead to such consequences:
- the transition in the chronic form, with frequent relapses and scarring of the lining of the mouth;
- the occurrence of rheumatism with heart complications;
- blurred vision;
- Behcet’s disease – inflammation in the lungs, circulatory system, brain, large intestine (rare);
- the emergence of periodontitis, or periodontitis with lesion of soft tissue, teeth and bones;
- the lethal outcome at gangrenozna inflammation.
It seems that some rashes can worsen the condition. In fact, this view is mistaken. Stomatitis is a disease and quite serious if untreated.
Knowing how to cure inflammation of the tongue can prevent the most serious complications. But best of all is prevention, under which the risk of disease is minimized. The prevention can be the following recommendations:
- hygiene of the mouth;
- time to visit the dentist to monitor the condition of the teeth, as well as the installed seals.
- time to eliminate all acute inflammatory and infectious processes;
- to comply with the treatment and prevention of chronic diseases;
- to eat possibly only proven fresh food;
- avoid contact with allergens;
- to respect the day and proper nutrition;
- to strengthen the immune system.
Stomatitis in adults and children brings a lot of discomfort. When the first symptoms as soon as possible to pay to the doctor and start treatment.
Only with timely treatment attention to this problem, it is possible to prevent the occurrence of complications and the transition of the disease into a chronic form.