After removal of the tooth in the hole, something white
If after removal of the tooth in the hole, something white, do not be afraid, it looks like the plaque, replacing the blood clot. You should be wary if the color will become yellow or gray.
When a tooth pulled, a person says discomfort and pain, which may spread to the gums and entire jaw. To facilitate the healing process must be clearly and properly to implement all the recommendations of the surgeon to choose which you want consciously.
Contact the specialists with experience in such operations, because the hole has the form of an open wound, and especially the structure and location of wisdom teeth can sometimes lead to the several stages of removal. Sometimes even impose seams on the soft tissue.
Stages of healing wells after tooth extraction
- first day since the removal is very important in this period needs to form a blood clot. It is a necessary element in the healing process, it does not need to touch or remove;
- on the third day the wound a thin epithelium, which gives us the confirmation of the beginning of healing;
- replaced epithelial tissue connective comes, and the wound formed granulomas. It is usually noticed within 3-4 days;
- 7-8 days granulation gradually displace and replace the blood clot, a small part of which remains only in the Central position of the hole. The epithelium actively cover the wound on the outside and inside is the process of formation of bone tissue;
- through 2-2,5 weeks the wound is completely covered with epithelial tissue. Full fully clot is replaced by granulation tissue and begins the growth of bone tissue;
- on the 30th day, the amount of bone tissue is such that almost completely fills the hole.
- in 50-70 days for the entire depth of the hole has a bone tissue;
- after 4 months the fabric the hole becomes similar to the jaw and the edges of the wound and the alveoli become smaller. This is the third part of the height of the tooth root. The alveolar ridge becomes thinner.
All these stages of wound healing occur under the standard removal of bad teeth, not involving the prosthesis.
In the hole, something white and other symptoms of the postoperative period
During the operation of tooth removal mucosa is destroyed, and the supplying vessels and nerves are getting the breaks. Violated the integrity of the ligaments and muscle fibers and soft tissues surrounding the damaged area and holding the roots of the tooth in the usual position.
The result of such intervention in the area of removal inflammation clear localization. It is necessary for painless and effective healing, so any of the following symptoms:
- bleeding, lasting from an hour to 3 hours;
- pain in the area of the missing tooth, extending to adjacent organs (teeth, jaw, ear, nose);
- edema in surgical area and surrounding tissues;
- bright red in the area of the extracted tooth;
- slight hyperthermia up to 37-38 degrees and heat at the place of removal;
- the decrease in the function of jaw discomfort when opening the mouth and chewing.
The symptoms are quite acceptable, their intensity gradually decreases, and by the end of the week after removal disappear. When joining a bacterial infection or inflammation, the symptoms become severe and do not pass. Here you will need the advice and prescription of antibiotics.
Instructions for care after tooth removal
After tooth extraction, as well as after other surgical procedures requires strict adherence to certain rules, they tend to accelerate the healing of wounds and reduce the risk of infection.
These procedures are temporary and require a period of 7 to 14 days. At this time to restore structures damaged during the operation. After healing of the soft tissues can return to normal life, which does not affect the growth of bone tissue.
The main points that deserve attention:
- swab with a special tool you need to bite down on and keep from 20 to 30 minutes after the extraction;
- do not touch the blood clot formed in the hole, and do not rinse it;
- do not touch the ground removing language;
- 2 hours after removal of do not drink through a straw and to carry out other manipulations, creating a vacuum in the oral cavity, can be removed the clot and the bleeding to appear;
- don’t spend sports training, do not perform heavy physical work for 2 days after the removal;
- 2 hours should not take a hot shower or bath, take a sun bath or go in a steam room;
- not warms the deletion area;
- 2-3 hours after removal of refuse from food, in order not to injure the wound is fresh;
- the first few days after removal, try not to eat hot and cold foods and beverages;
- give up Smoking and alcohol for a period of 3 to 7 days after deletion.
When you really need to see a doctor?
If you notice a low temperature, soreness, swelling, enlarged lymph nodes is the norm. But in the following situations need a doctor’s help:
- ongoing bleeding;
- the persistence of soft tissue swelling after 3-4 days;
- strong pulling and shooting pain;
- significant fever to 39 degrees;
- the spread of pain in the head, ear, throat;
- the presence of pus in the hole.
Complications can occur because of the emergence of infection or inadequate removal of the root debris from the wound. Re-examination of the hole will help to identify the cause of this condition and find a suitable solution to the problem.
A qualified dentist is a guarantee of quick and painless recovery after tooth extraction.
Video: what to do after tooth extraction?