After removal of the tooth nerve hurts when pressed: after bite
If after removal of the nerve roots, the tooth hurts when you press it’s frustrating. Depending on the strength of pain and the duration of the period elapsed, after treatment, it is possible to judge the norms and deviations. Anyway, if a person after the treatment of root canals remain unpleasant symptoms, you must re-visit the doctor and tell him about your complaints. The dentist will examine, if necessary, send the patient to x-ray the. Based on these data, the doctor wakes up to judge the necessity of re-treatment or the adoption of a wait-and-see tactics.
When it is necessary to seal the channels
Canal treatment is carried out in the case that it is impossible to preserve the neurovascular fiber inside them. Diseases in which treatment is performed:
- Deep decay. The causes of pathology: violation of the rules of hygiene, vitamin deficiency.
The nerve of the tooth is securely hidden from the effects of the environment by a layer of enamel and dentin. Caries — a disease in which tissue units begin to change their cellular structure. In the initial stages of the lesions on enamel white spot appears in the middle and deep caries in a cavity. The dark color of the hole indicates the involvement in the pathological process of the dentin.
The diagnosis is easy. During the inspection, dental probe, of the fabric unit is loose and soft, no Shine and smoothness of the enamel.
The symptoms of deep caries: cavity with dark edges, medium or large size, tenderness in the unit during a meal, aching pain.
The unpleasant symptoms of the disease indicate that the disease has struck not only the layer of enamel and dentine, but in the near future will lead to inflammation of the pulp.
- Pulpitis is a disease, accompanied by unbearable pain. The causes of the disease: violation of oral hygiene, caries, diseases of ENT organs, trauma of the jaw.
Features of pulpitis: no reaction when touching the unit, increased pain at night and evening. Unpleasant feeling harassed, deprived of sleep and appetite. The man says that it hurts to open my mouth, to make sudden movements.
Interestingly, to eliminate unpleasant sensations with rinse, treatment gingival analgesic gel or dental drops — it is impossible. To help cope with pain can only analgesics. Taking drugs, remember that this is a temporary symptomatic treatment, immediate treatment is necessary to spend at the dentist. For a long period of waiting and taking medications can lead to a lack of sensitivity to anesthetics during therapy, periodontitis and periostitis.
- Periodontitis — inflammation of periodontal tissues. This is the situation when a sore tooth with no nerve. Causes of disease: wrong treatment of dental caries, pulpitis, tooth injury, gum disease, improper hygiene of the oral cavity.
The first symptoms of periodontitis are unpleasant sensations that appear when biting, the touch unit of the language. Within quick time, the inflammatory process increases, the pain intensified. In the absence of timely treatment, appear: fever, reduced General state of health, headaches, insomnia.
- Periostitis — inflammation of the periosteum. Causes: inflammation of the gums, improper therapy of periodontitis, pulpitis, dental caries, trauma units, violation of rules of personal hygiene, diseases of ENT organs.
Confirm a diagnosis of periostitis, is quite simple. The condition is accompanied by classic symptoms: appearance of small bumps at the roots of the affected tooth, redness of the gums, tenderness when biting. In some cases, the body itself is trying to cope with the disease and forms the natural outlet — fistula. Pathological education is a kind of tunnel between source of infection and oral cavity.
If the patient is not promptly visit the dentist, chances of developing dangerous complications increase. Unfavorable signs: the spread of the swelling of the soft tissues of the cheeks, lips, neck, facial deformation, persistent fever. Upon detection of these symptoms should immediately go to a medical facility for assistance. Complications of abscess (gumboil) are: sepsis, cellulitis. In advanced stages of flux, the chances of saving the tooth is minimal.
As the therapy
During a visit to the dentist, he examines the oral cavity, questioning the patient about the presence of chronic diseases, allergic predisposition, individual fills out a medical card. Very well, if a person has a permanent physician and is conducting a survey in one clinic. In the medical history contains important information about the work carried out, stages of treatment, x — rays.
To confirm the diagnosis, the dentist may refer the patient to the passage of x — ray diagnostics.
General principles of treatment of the roots:
- Pain relief with injection of the anesthetic;
- The elimination of decayed tissue of enamel and dentin;
- Purification and expansion of channels;
- The elimination of the inflammatory process. In the case of periodontitis, periodontitis stage is held for quite a long period. Treatment time varies depending on the severity of the disease. To relieve inflammation, the patient must: carry out rinsing with antiseptic solutions in the home, to comply with all recommendations of the dentist, carry out visits to a medical clinic for observation;
- Conduct antiseptic treatment;
- Sealing the roots with pins and special toothpaste. The purpose of this procedure is to be sealing the cavity, to eliminate a source of secondary infection. Before treatment, during it and after, exercise the mandatory x-ray diagnostics. The helps: to set a diagnosis, to determine the length of the channels, confirm the quality of dental work. On the day of filling of canals, the restoration of the crowns is not possible. Unit set the temporary filling.
If within 3 -5 days after treatment, the patient no complaints, the crown of the tooth to restore with a filling material. Dentist offers to restore the unit chemical or light composite. Depending on budget and personal beliefs, the patient selects their own.
If you want to treat multirooted tooth before removal of the pulp, carried out the extermination with ARSENICAL paste.
Canal treatment is absolutely painless. To him begin after the doctor injected the anesthetic, and the part of the patient’s jaw will be numb. Depending on the type of product, after finishing the manipulation, the lack of sensitivity may be present for several hours.
Discomfort — how to deal with them
Many people think that if a tooth is missing, the nerve, to hurt there’s nothing. But it is not. If a person has an unpleasant sensation when biting, it might:
- Periostitis (flux);
- Periodontitis (inflammation of gums);
- The adaptation period after the treatment channels. In some cases, after therapy may experience aching pain, aggravated by biting. Normal, discomfort tolerant, require no analgesics, may last from 3 to 10 days. An important criterion for evaluation of health status of the patient, the intensity of unpleasant symptoms. If the pain is gradually subsiding and eliminated, it indicates the normal adaptation period. While maintaining a strong pain, redness of gums, swelling of the tissues, the appearance of the roots of the bumps, increase in body temperature, should immediately visit the doctor.
If without a tooth nerve hurts when pressure is applied, it is unfavorable symptom indicating inflammation. To protect your health, contact your dentist for an appointment. After inspecting and passing the x — ray picture, the diagnosis.
To get rid of the unpleasant symptoms before visiting a doctor, you can:
- To take the anesthetic. Analgin, Baralgin, Ketarol will help to eliminate the pain;
- Rinse your mouth with water with salt and soda. To prepare the solution, use 200 ml of boiled water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and soda, 1 drop of iodine, mix well. The procedure is carried out 5 -6 times a day.
- To carry out rinsing with antiseptic extracts of herbs and flowers: Chamomile, Calendula, Sage.
The most effective of the above methods are painkillers, but they have only a symptomatic, but not curative therapy. To identify the cause of discomfort when biting and to get rid of it, it is necessary to conduct a proper treatment from a dentist.
To reduce the risk of disease units, you must:
- Daily personal hygiene.
- Eat a healthy diet, to include in the menu vegetables, herbs, fruits, meat, fish, nuts.
- 1 every 6 — 7 months to go to doctor appointment for inspection and preventative hygienic cleaning.
- To get rid of tooth decay and gum disease.
- To treat physical illness.
- To avoid personal injury.
- To boost immunity is to give up bad habits, engage in healthy habits, sports, walk in the fresh air.