After removal of the wisdom tooth bad breath: causes, treatment
Unfortunately, despite the considerable experience of the specialists and medical equipment of modern dentistry after the removal of wisdom teeth, bad breath is not rare. The reason may lie in various kinds of inflammation, when it affects the tooth tissue down to the periosteum. To avoid serious health consequences you need to know what self-help is effective and when a visit to the dentist to postpone is simply impossible.
A healthy reaction to the removal of wisdom teeth
To begin, decide how normal our bodies react to such a serious intervention, like removal of the eighth molar. Often after removing the remnants of the tooth due to exposure to anesthetic of bleeding does not appear immediately, but after some time. After the hole started to bleed, it may take from several minutes to half an hour until this process completes. If not, there is reason for concern. In this case is formed corresponding to a clot, have a protective function. After a couple of days transformirovalsya its color from bright purple to a much paler and even with a yellowish tinge.
Why bad breath after wisdom tooth
First of all, odor — evidence of inflammatory and infectious process in the hard tissues of the tooth or surrounding soft. Appear the symptom may not immediately after the intervention, and after 3-5 days.
- Dental disease. Due to the accumulation of a large number of germs in the hole of pathogenic processes can affect the adjacent teeth, which have already been damaged and a touch of a stone, there is a risk of tooth decay. Can also marvel at the soft tissue, there is periodontal disease, periodontitis. Sometimes there is stomatitis, gingivitis, herpes, or even candidiasis (fungus);
- Dry hole. We have already mentioned about a similar issue, in order to avoid loss of protective clot is not recommended in the first day to do any rinsing;
- Ignoring the advice of a specialist. You can’t reject the recommendations if you want a favorable outcome after removal. For example, in the first 3-4 hours, eating and drinking is prohibited, are given special instructions about food and clean the teeth;
- Foreign objects. The hole can get a piece of any tool, chip a tooth and cause inflammation, require inspection specialist.
Unpleasant consequences removal of wisdom teeth
If the rules of operation or in home care, mistakes were made, which was developing an infection, the patient may observe the following symptoms:
|Pain.||This reaction, when it lasts for several days, not a threat. While rooting can not only pit, but also the neighboring teeth, jaw, throat. Over time the discomfort should subside, it is recommended to use painkillers in reasonable quantities.|
|The increase in temperature.||The symptom was also observed in patients within 2-3 days maximum, otherwise there is reason to seek help.|
|A festering hole.||This happens if the intervention was very complex, when the inside remains non-fragment and tooth with insufficient adherence to the rules of hygiene. Appeal to the specialist in this case should not be delayed — you may see a cyst and fistula.|
|Dry hole.||When the protective clot is formed, the result may be a alveolitis or inflammation of the gums, to address this issue should also a dentist|
|Paresthesia.||Sometimes because of the use of great physical force during the removal of the occurs nerve damage and numbness of the tongue, lips, chin.|
Bad breath after tooth extraction wisdom — the first sign of the beginning of the inflammatory process in the body. Pain that takes place a few days after the intervention, if nothing is done, can return. There are some other signs that typically accompany smell:
- Excessive dryness of the hole;
- Grayish plaque soft tissues in the region of an extracted tooth;
- Visible swelling in the acute forms affected the cheeks, lips, and eye area;
- Temperature rise;
- Inflammation of the tonsils, lymph nodes;
- Change in blood pressure;
- Severe headache;
- General malaise.
Each of these symptoms if it persists for a long time, the reason for the visit to the dentist.
Odor after removal of wisdom tooth is quite a common occurrence, if there is some infection in a fresh wound. While postponing the professional examination clearly impossible, if the hole is preserved a fragment of a tooth and a piece of any foreign object or the protective blood clot was randomly deleted. You may need surgery, removing that causes inflammation, be sure to lay the remedy for stopping and healing of tissues.
There are times when to get to a specialist soon, then everyone can help themselves.
- Spend more time hygienic cleaning teeth, working on all areas. Ideally, if you begin to use dental floss to cleanse the interdental spaces;
- Do gargle after a meal. For this fit an ordinary purified water — be sure warm, you can add a few drops of peppermint essential oil, lemon;
- Use special anti-inflammatory mouthwash without alcohol. Will pay attention to the maintenance of extracts of mint, eucalyptus;
- To prepare the conditioner you can own concoctions from natural ingredients (oak bark, St. John’s wort, Melissa, chamomile, sage, eucalyptus, mint);
- Clean your tongue of plaque additionally the scraper;
- Change some eating habits — eat more nuts, fruits and vegetables. But meat, fish, fast food, confectionery, convenience foods, milk, dairy products from the diet is possible to eliminate.
What to use to relieve inflammation
The hole, which managed to become inflamed and, accordingly, start to smell, you should primarily to treat. This will help the solution hlorofillipta furatsilina or basic potassium permanganate — is taken with a cotton swab and wetted by the substance, the hole gently soaked them. The main goal is to remove the pus and dead tissue, that is, remove the source for the action of pathogenic microorganisms.
Also successfully copes with the task the solution of hydrogen peroxide, lotion with this substance must make a couple of minutes. Works well Lidocaine, Novocaine, any cool packs to reduce inflammation and pain.
If in time to prevent adverse developments after the removal of wisdom teeth, you can protect yourself from serious consequences. But it happens that the patient has long endured the pain and only drink analgesics, ignoring the rules of hygiene and not turning in time to see the doctor that suppurative processes can assert themselves.
Alveolitis or suppurative inflammation wells
Precipitating factor is considered to be a complicated wisdom teeth extraction, alveolitis manifested gradually, about 2-3 days after surgery. But the further spread of infection can occur more rapidly from adverse effects: sepsis, cyst, cellulitis, abscess, osteomyelitis.
Why suppuration occurs
Purely visually, the problem manifests itself as a darkening of tissue, in the future there is pus. The reasons for such adverse developments are several:
- Clot, designed to protect the wells cleaned up, which she was left without protection from the infection;
- In the gum was the roots of an extracted tooth wisdom, which is often due to the particular structure of these molars;
- The patient does not comply with the specific recommendations in food and oral hygiene, Smoking during wound healing also;
- Lack of proper disinfection of instruments during the intervention (neglect of a specialist);
- If at the time of treatment in the area of the wisdom tooth was formed cyst or tumor filled with pus;
- A background of dental disease provoke the infection of the sores when interacting with a sick tooth;
- With a weakened immune system there is a high probability that the organism will not cope with the infection.
When pus and cell death in the hole provokes an inflammatory process that is accompanied by other negative manifestations, it is necessary to consult a specialist. On admission the patient first anesthesia, then uses special tools to clean the holes from plaque, necrotic tissue, the remains of food, products and activities of microorganisms. To strengthen the result, apply antiseptic solution, antimicrobial agent.
After this is hidden cavity hole to lay there drug. Subsequent you want to put on the cut seams and apply a gauze bandage soaked in antiseptic.
A positive result of treatment after the procedure will depend solely on how the patient follows the doctor’s orders. At home should:
- Food should be without a lot of refined foods, you need plant foods (soft texture);
- Brush your teeth frequently, but gently;
- Use the recommended antiseptics for rinsing;
- Every day inspect the hole, make sure that the clot is not removed, re no pus.