After tooth extraction sore gums and bad breath
Many patients complain that after tooth extraction sore gums and there is bad breath. This creates additional trouble in everyday activities.
Pain violate the harmonious flow of life, impede the exercise of work duties and do not allow relaxation. Stench creates a psychological barrier in relations with colleagues and friends.
These two symptoms give a man to understand that there are problems with the extraction socket – there develops an infectious process. If time does not go to the doctor, then serious complications will not keep you waiting.
There are several possible reasons why you may experience pain in the place of an extracted tooth and is allocated an unpleasant smell:
- the patient ignores medical appointments — after the removal is completed, your dentist definitely makes a recommendation which procedures are allowed and what not to do. For proper healing and to avoid unpleasant consequences, you need to follow the rules: do not rinse your mouth the first day, not to eat hot food, do not touch a fresh wound, and not to expose the body to intense exercise. Their failure leads to progression of the infection in the alveoli;
- is no blood clot after 2-4 hours in the hole formed lump of coagulated blood. Its main purpose is to ensure the sterility of the alveoli, so it is not necessary to attempt to remove. In the case of the removal of the complex, this is especially true of wisdom teeth, it happens because of the previously present bacterial contamination of the socket, clot does not form purulent infiltration. In this course of the disease, the patient in 2-3 days to notice that he had a swollen cheek, and the pain not only intensified, but became throbbing;
- a fragment of the root — when the root system of the tooth has an atypical structure, it can disrupt the process. The root breaks, and if the doctor did not see a particle or were not able to retrieve the shard, it leads to progression of inflammation. It happens sometimes when extracting permanent teeth;
- chronic periodontitis is the presence of a permanent source of the infection in the form of inflamed gums, intraosseous pockets and recession, increases the probability that the located on the side of the alveolus will be infected. People suffering from chronic periodontitis, it is necessary to undergo regular dental treatment;
- hygiene care of low quality for the oral cavity, as well as lowered immunity, can be one of the factors causing alveolus pain. Therefore, it is necessary to know how to care for your mouth correctly.
If the extracted tooth has formed something white, then you need to install it the normal state of Affairs or processes of healing are unsuccessful, read more in this article.
The most common unpleasant consequence of the removal is considered alveolitis – inflammation of the extraction. His symptoms are:
- severe pain at the site of the tooth that is removed;
- dry hole with the infected remnants of the blood clot;
- nearby Desna hyperemic, edematous;
- grey plaque and pus from the alveoli;
- you may experience fever, inflammation of the submandibular lymph nodes, weakness of the body;
- sometimes the pain radiating along the branches of trigeminal nerve;
- brushing your teeth and eating cause bouts of pain.
If you do not start treatment patient’s gums and foul smell, caused by the purulent process, it may lead to the development of more severe complications:
- periostitis — inflammation of the periosteum are expressed in its thickening. In the mouth the gums on the side of the hole looks red and swollen when you touch it there is pain. The temperature often rises to subfebrile values. The mucous membrane formed a light patina. If is not the right time to take action, then after 2-3 days the process becomes a purulent, there may be pulsation, as well as increased pain from the hot. Treatment consists of pristatomi – dissection of the mucosa. In addition to surgical intervention, the dentist prescribes rinsing with disinfectant and antibacterial therapy;
- osteomyelitis — advanced stage of alveolitis leads to the destruction of bone and leaves a significant impact on health. Treatment is surgical and medical methods, making sure that prescribed antibiotics for the termination of vital activity of pathogenic microflora;
- abscess — after penetration of the microbes into the hole that develops purulent process may move into the surrounding tissues of the gums or cheeks. The reason for this phenomenon, often ignoring the recommendations of the dentist. Treatment begins with the fact that the outflow of pus, followed by treatment with medicines.
Video: how to care for your mouth after tooth removal?
What if after tooth extraction sore gums and unpleasant smell?
Pain after tooth extraction for several hours natural. Once moved anesthesia, a fresh wound will cause unpleasant sensation of pain. But if the pain lasts 2-3 days or more, and it joins another and an unpleasant odor, then you need to visit the dentist.
After examining your mouth, he’ll identify the cause and prescribe the necessary treatment, because the alveolitis is easy to diagnose. If not to lead to the development of more dangerous complications, the recovery will not take much time.
It is not possible to schedule a consultation to the dentist-surgeon in the same day, to ease the pain, you can apply traditional methods. Thanks to them, the pain subsides, and the bad smell is getting less noticeable.
Than rinse your mouth at home? Consider the most effective recipes:
- Sage infusion — to make it, you need one teaspoon of dry raw material pour 250-300 ml of boiling water, then leave to infuse for 60-90 minutes. Thus, it is possible to wrap the vessel with something warm. For the application to cool to room temperature and make mouth trays.
- A decoction of chamomile flowers is another effective anti-inflammatory agent. Prepared according to the same recipe as the infusion of sage.
- Miramistin chlorhexidine and pharmaceutical antiseptics, which have a high activity against putrefactive microorganisms. Solutions are sold in finished form, are also used for oral trays.
All these tools help to reduce a pain, deodorize the oral cavity and are struggling with inflammatory processes. Remember that rinsing is actively prohibited, because it can wash the clot out of the hole.
Use any opportunity to go to the dentist. After local anesthesia, the doctor will conduct an audit of wells kuretani spoon. In the case of the presence of root fragments and granulation, will produce a scraping of tissue to obtain a clean wound surface.
In the purified hole is antiseptic. Most often for such purposes, apply the hydrogen peroxide, because this solution washes away the remnants of the foreign bodies due to the effect of foaming. The hole is superimposed gauze soaked in the drug substance or pharmaceutical dressings intended for use in such situations.
If all of the recommendations, the pain subsides in a few days, and full recovery occurs after about a week and a half.
The main task for the patient after resection of a tooth is the preservation of the integrity of the blood clot, from its preservation depends on the speed of healing and the purity of the wells. In order for this protective ball is not lost, you must perform the following recommendations:
- immediately after removal of tightly fix the gauze with his teeth pressed against the gingiva above the alveolus – this will help to approximate wound edges and the beginning of clot formation;
- do not rinse your mouth without the appointment of a dentist;
- do not drink hot beverages or eat hot food to keep the blood clot is not dissolved due to high temperature;
- do not lift heavy objects because it can cause detachment of the thrombus;
- don’t touch a fresh wound;
- don’t smoke in the first days after the removal;
- do not take a hot tub because the increase in body temperature may contribute to the liquefaction of the blood clot.
Video: what to do after tooth extraction?
► How long gums sore after tooth extraction
How long a person will feel pain in the soft tissues after removal, depends on many factors. In the absence of complications, quality curettage without undue damage to the gums, pain disappear in three days. In some cases, the residual pain a patient may feel within a week or two.