After tooth extraction swollen cheek and sore: what should I do
If the person had a swelling of the cheek after tooth extraction, it is likely this suggests that it is the development of not the best side effects. As a rule, the majority of people are not serious about the procedure of tooth removal, believing that there is nothing difficult and dangerous there is absolutely no. In fact, this medical event is a minor surgery, after which patients often occurs complications or side effects. Therefore, when a person has a tumor of the cheek after a tooth extraction, which is also accompanied by symptoms such as fever or pain in the region of an extracted tooth, there is a high probability that he has inflammation that require special attention and a secondary visit to a skilled dentist.
Causes of swollen cheek
Often the main factor that leads to swelling of cheeks after pulling out a tooth are destructive processes, affecting the soft periodontal tissue. It is because of this man and the injury to the gums and cheeks in the form of their swelling. In rare cases, can swell and the sky.
When people carry out complex dental surgery, for example in the case of pulling wisdom teeth or removal of impacted tissue damage, there is a huge risk that after the patient can become swollen cheek, and also see the swelling of the gingival tissues and throbbing pain. In such a situation, do not worry and think what to do. This is a natural process following complex surgical procedures, not their side complication, so any threat to the health and life of a man swelling in this case is not.
Sometimes pripuhnut cheek can, if the patient has allergies to certain antiseptic drugs that were used during the tooth removal.
Often cheek after tooth extraction swollen for the reason that in place of the missing tooth is the development of inflammatory processes that have been provoked by external factors. For example, a swollen cheek and starts to hurt when the tooth doctor during the tooth removal made any mistake, and if the patient does not comply with all given to him after the operation the recommendations of the dentist. In the first case, the specialist can just poor quality to carry out the reorganization of the infectious focus or not to remove all the affected tissue.Also swelling of the cheeks may appear as a result of non-compliance with the doctor all the rules of asepsis and antisepsis.
In rare cases, the patient is exposed to inflammation holes or alveolitis. When the dentist removes the tooth, the hole appears small ball(a clot) filled with blood. When you remove this clot and abscess can be quite swelling of the jaw, the whole face and cheek.
As has been said, when a man after he pulled the tooth starts to swell cheek, no need to be afraid. In most cases, this health problem carries a particular danger. However, it is advisable to visit the office of a qualified dentist who will help to identify the cause of swelling and to eliminate the likelihood that the disease appeared as a result left the doctor in the gum piece of tooth. Also, the tumor may appear, if in the gum after surgery hit any foreign object, which caused the development of inflammation.
In some cases, the swelling is not dangerous
In most cases, if obuchaemost cheeks after it was spent pulling the tooth, in humans have not been any complications, that is, the condition is not dangerous. If you decided to pull the tooth, and after that your cheek is swollen and you don’t know what to do, before going to the doctor need to understand the nature of the disease.
So, swelling of the cheeks safe in the following cases:
- swelling of the gums and cheeks began even before the operation was carried out by pulling the tooth;
- the swelling is small and is not growing;
- to remove the tooth had by using sophisticated techniques and a doctor accidentally damaged gum tissue. In this situation, the problem will be on their own for a few days, that is, without any manipulation by the patient to the treatment of disease;
- the swelling did not cause a rise in body temperature;
- swollen area of cheeks pain or discomfort will disappear;
- the hole closes sufficiently dense blood clot;
- swelling is not accompanied by unpleasant, putrid odor from the mouth.
In the case that the human condition is stable, pain tolerant, and swelling slowly, but still decreasing, then immediately make an appointment to the dentist medical specialist is not necessary. Most likely after a few days the problem will disappear like it never happened.
In what cases should a doctor’s visit
Often swelling of the cheek after tooth extraction in the human body undergo serious changes and not for the better.
So, with the appearance of swelling to the doctor should contact if:
- Swelling is to a large extent, but felt pain in the area of the missing tooth is not observed. This occurs most often in situations of pulpitis, when the attending doctor is not fully cleared dental pockets. The reason is that the nerve in the gum already missing, so the pain no. The tumor itself develops due to pathogenic microflora and has the ability to increase. There is a risk of such serious diseases as cyst.
- Swelling is accompanied by shortness of breath, shortness of breath. The cause of the swelling, most often lies in the development of severe allergic reactions.
- Pain in the hole are strongly pronounced, and often only intensify.
- The person has a high body temperature and worsening overall health. Often it speaks of intoxication.
- The smell from the oral cavity has a distinct character. The man’s mouth gives rotten eggs or sour milk.
- When a person moves the jaw, then he feels pain. The pain also appears when swallowing.
- The swelling occurred only after three days after the dental surgery tooth extraction. This may indicate that a person develops alveolitis. There are times when health is deteriorating very slowly, which may not always be noticeable. If after a time the state is not normal, it is recommended to compare what was feeling couple of hours ago and now. If any, even the slightest deterioration should immediately visit the doctor.
Treatment swelling independently
If special reasons for referring to a qualified specialist there is, then quickly get rid of the problem will be sufficient to carry out some home treatments. The most common and effective ways to eliminate tumors of the cheek are the following recipes of traditional medicine:
|Cold compress.||If you have swelling after tooth extraction and you don’t know what to do and how to remove swelling you can use ordinary cold water and a small towel or some fabric. The towel needs to be moistened and applied to the swollen cheek. As a rule, cold tends to relieve pain and inflammation. Together tissue with water you can apply ice or a bottle of water.|
|Soda-saline compress.||If you removed a tooth visibly swollen cheek and a sore, then a great remedy is a compress on the basis of salt and soda. In order to prepare it you need 250 ml of water add half tea spoon of salt and a teaspoon of baking soda, mix thoroughly and moisten the mixture a piece of cotton, which then must attach to the hole. You need to keep about twenty minutes. The procedure is repeated every few hours.|
|Decongestants funds.||To relieve swelling of the cheeks you can also apply special medication to eliminate the tumor. These tools not only reduce swelling but also help the flow of excess fluids from the head. A good drug is Lymphomyosot.|
If you have a tooth pulled and a very swollen cheek, and the reason for this allergic reactions, it is possible to use such a drug as Suprastin.
How to get rid of edema
Of course, no one wants to walk around with a swollen cheek, so if you experience swelling of the main and most important task is to identify the causes that triggered the development of this disease. When the cause is determined, you can begin treatment swelling.
If the swelling is physiological, then get rid of it is possible without the use of modern medicines and dentist visits and to do it at home through traditional methods of treatment, cold compress. As for dangerous situations, it is better not to risk and not to try to cure the disease itself, but to seek help from a professional, i.e. a dentist.
Treatment of edema in the clinic
Today, there are many methods and means through which you can eliminate any swelling and swelling of the cheeks. Before you start the treatment of disease, the dentist makes a first examination of the oral cavity, thanks to which you can identify the cause of the problem.
For dry holes the doctor conducts sanitation and removal of necrotic tissue and purulent discharge. After that, the wound is washed with antiseptic solution. In rare cases, the patient is administered proteolytic enzymes.
If swelling appeared in the left in the gum piece of tooth after its removal the wound was treated with hydrogen peroxide or other antiseptic preparations. If an abscess wound drained by special drainage tubes of silicone, and then assigned to drug therapy.
Now you know why after tooth extraction swollen cheek and what to do in such situations. I should add that often a little swelling that is physiological, therefore holds independently. But in order to get rid of this unfavorable problem, you just need to follow all the recommendations of a physician. In the presence of a strong swelling of the best course to go to the dentist, because only a specialist can find appropriate treatment and given the appropriate medicines.