An Advil for a toothache: helping?
When in the Armory there is only an Advil for a toothache suffering people ask the question: does the medicine in this situation? How effective is the use of the drug and whether the relief?
When there is pain in the tooth, every person seeks to get rid of it. The tablets – a drug that uses more than one generation for various ailments, including pain in the teeth. Medication is almost always in the home medicine Cabinet and helps to relieve discomfort.
This may be of interest to you: pills for dental pain — comparative table of medicines Infotube.ru
Carefully read the composition of the tablets Tsitramona, you can get the answer, the power of this drug to relieve toothache. Each tablet contains three active ingredients, which is the effect of the medication.
- aspirin — acetylsalicylic acid is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. The main effect of the drug is achieved by thinning the blood, which increases blood flow. It may have a negative impact on hemostasis after removal, which should carefully relate to the selection of pain medicine;
- caffeine acts on the human body tonic, exerting a narrowing of the blood vessels in the brain. This stimulated the respiratory and circulatory system by strengthening cardiac muscles, excited nervous system, increased renal function. The body comes to tone, increasing the speed of vital processes, which leads to reduction of pain syndrome;
- paracetamol has an anti — inflammatory action and eliminates hyperthermia, so this component is effective in pulpitis – inflammation of the neurovascular bundle of the tooth. To completely cure the dental disease the drug is not, however, relieve the pending visit to the dentist will help.
Citramon is an alternative drug that is present in every medicine Cabinet, which can be taken in the absence of stronger remedies for toothache: Katanova or Ketorol, for example.
The effect of the drug
Medicines for many years has the popularity among the population due to the wide spectrum of impact at different symptoms of: relieves migraines, relieves toothache, helps with colds.
Is achieved as the effect of:
- the lowering body temperature – this is due to the antipyretic action of the IO;
- blood thinners – the active ingredients of the aspirin effect on platelets;
- pain relief – effect on the cyclooxygenase leads to a decrease in all the symptoms characterizing inflammation;
- improves the General condition;
- eliminate signs of intoxication.
Contraindications and side effects
The use of Tablets must be controlled, because the drug is not as safe as it initially seems. Contained in its caffeine and acetylsalicylic acid do not allow for the appointment of children under 14 years due to the exciting action, but also because of the negative impact of aspirin on the mucosa of the gastrointestinal tract.
The medication not recommended for use in the following cases:
- women who are breast-feeding;
- in pathology of the liver and kidneys;
- when the cornerstone of the form of glaucoma;
- in violation of blood coagulation.
Does the Advil toothache
Based on the information obtained by the reviews of people who used various drugs for relief of toothache, Advil somewhat worse has an analgesic effect, in comparison with the more powerful tablets such as Nise, Ketorol, Ibuprofen, etc.
However, in the absence of the kit by other means and when suddenly overtook the pain, Advil will do their function, facilitating condition and allowing to wait for a visit to the dentist. Besides the price makes the drug available to everyone.
The drug helps with some types of pain.
- Discomfort after dental procedures.
- Weak aching pain.
- Short-term pain when eating food.
In paroxysmal and pulsating pain, indicating the development of acute pulpitis and acute apical periodontitis, the medicine will not be able to stop the attack.
How to take the Tablets?
Long-term experience of the use of medicines proves its effectiveness in certain situations. In addition, the drug practically does not harm the organism when it is used correctly according to instructions:
- means you must consume 1-2 tablets three times a day;
- do not exceed the maximum number of tablets per day;
- do not take on an empty stomach, so as not to cause irritation of the mucous membrane of the stomach;
- do not use if your disease belongs to the list of contraindications.
Video: Advil toothache.
► Which is better: Aspirin or Advil for toothache?
Analgin has a more pronounced analgesic effect, so its use will facilitate the state in severe pain with pulpitis or periodontitis. The tablets can be used in case the soreness is poorly expressed.
► Can I take during pregnancy?
The use of Tablets in the period of gestation is unacceptable because of the part of aspirin. This is especially true of the first and third trimester. This is due to the adverse effects of the drug increases the risk of complications, there is a likelihood of miscarriage and placental abruption, the pathogenic influence on the child, increasing the likelihood of bleeding.