And deseperately impacted tooth: what it is, its deletion
What is a impacted tooth and distopian and whether its deletion? Which is why there is pathology and what is its danger to oral health.
Also consider how the removal of these teeth will provide photographs on the subject.
What is distopian and impacted tooth?
Distopian tooth is a tooth, the growth of which takes place with deviations from the norm. Yes, sometimes it leads to serious pain and costly treatment, but dystopia is far from the worst disease of the oral cavity.
Abnormalities of growth of the tooth there is a large number, it can grow properly, but in the wrong place. Or Vice versa, growing up with disabilities (at the wrong angle, the wrong side) in a designated place. Depending on these factors there are several types of dystopia:
- vestibular — tooth deviated;
- tortuosity is rotated around its axis;
- medial and distal — forward or «depressed» in the jaw.
Retention – this is also the pathology of the growth of the teeth, but it differs from dystopia. Impacted tooth is erupted or not erupted fully, they are of two types:
- Not completely cut, which came out from the gums only partially.
- Completely hidden under the bone or the gum.
In some cases, the tooth may be impacted, and distopian at the same time, this occurs most often with the «eights» (the wisdom teeth). Pathology causes severe discomfort to the patient and threatens the complex problems of not only the mouth but other organs and systems.
Photo and diagram
Why is there a pathology? The main reason for the appearance or impacted dystopic teeth is a genetic predisposition.
The human beings could be laid parameters of the structure of the jaw, in which some teeth do not have enough space. Usually, this happens with the «eights» that are cut last.
In addition to this reason dentists like to emphasise several factors:
- if the tooth grows out of turn and not the next, which act as a reference point;
- the «extra» or supernumerary teeth – an atavism, which leads to a lack of space for growing teeth after additional;
- mechanical injuries of the jaw, which resulted in changes in the bite;
- pathology in the formation of the dental germs;
- early loss of deciduous teeth with subsequent abnormal growth permanent.
History plays a particularly important role, since a simple delete does not solve the problem of malocclusion, which requires comprehensive treatment.
What are the teeth at risk?
To varying degrees, all teeth prone dystopic impacted teeth, but most often the pathology of suffering:
- Wisdom teeth — this is partly due to the above factors affecting the structure of the dentition and partially by the fact that the third molars – is an atavism, which gradually disappears in the course of human evolution.
- Fangs — if before the molars have grown incorrectly, the canines may well have pathology growth. Distopian fangs cause a lot more discomfort than the last molars. It is connected not only with issues of the aesthetics of a smile, but also with disorders in the process of chewing food.
Remaining teeth can also be dystopianism, and impacted, but it depends on the individual characteristics of the structure of the dentition of man. Distopian cutters are very rare and bring the most discomfort.
Removal of impacted tooth and gistaminovogo
They are really very often removed, but not always. If the pathology is not of a catastrophic nature, and discovered at an early age (patient not more than 15-16 years), the treatment can be carried out orthodontic methods.
If significant pathology and age of the patient predisposes to the installation of orthodontic appliances, the dentist will remove the tooth distopian. The operation is complicated and demands from doctor serious skills, she performed in several stages:
- the doctor makes a local anesthetic and use a drill drills holes in the bone tissue;
- using forceps, the dentist removes the bad tooth, paying particular attention to removing all debris from the hole;
- the hole need to be processed with antiseptics and stitch it.
Not always remove it deseperately tooth, sometimes due to lack of space, your dentist may remove a healthy tooth and allow normal grow dystopianism. Do not to remove the fangs with the pathology of growth, because their absence has a negative impact on the functioning of the whole teeth-jaw system.
Video: removal of impacted tooth of the lower jaw.
Care after surgery
The most important step after the removal procedure post – operative period. The main purpose of the wound care after the surgery is preventing her infection and her healing, so to adhere to the following rules:
- daily oral hygiene caution given the state of the damaged area;
- the first 2-3 days don’t use mouthwash, because you can damage them healing the wound;
- eat foods with extreme caution, try to chew on the healthy side of the mouth. Food should not be solid, so as not to hurt the sore place;
- during the first 3-4 hours after surgery can not drink eating and Smoking;
- if, after termination of anesthesia the painful sensation, you can take pain pills;
- in the first two days, limit physical exertion.
Safe wound healing depends not only on the quality work of the dentist, but also on how closely you stick to the universal rules described above. The doctor may give additional recommendations, which will consider the state of your oral cavity.
People often take no action in relation to dystopianism and impacted teeth, considering that they do not bring discomfort, or are in fear of a visit to the dentist. This is especially true of «eights» pathology of growth which do not cause aesthetic inconvenience.
However, the lack of professional treatment of the problem raises a number of serious consequences. What happens if the patient doesn’t get the help of a dentist?
- An malocclusion creates difficulties in chewing food, which leads to problems with the digestive system.
- Affect other elements of the tooth-jaw system, lack of treatment can result in the loss of adjacent teeth.
- A person may experience problems with the diction and the associated discomfort.
- Possible injury of the tongue and cheeks during eating.
Modern dentistry allows you to quickly and efficiently fix the problem and save you from the above complications.
Video: when the wisdom tooth, it is desirable to remove? — «The Expert Says»
► Code for ICD-10
According to the International classification of diseases, distopian teeth are in the section «machnie and Impacted teeth», it has code К01.0.