Antibiotic for inflammation of the teeth and gums
Antibiotics for inflammation of the gums and teeth prescribed most dentists. Dosage forms have activity against microorganisms causing inflammatory response. After applying the treatment, the infectious process is eliminated, the person recovers or achieving the remission of the disease. What medicines to apply, as dose, indicate the attending physician. The use of antibiotics, without prior consultation — it is dangerous.
Situations in which antibiotics are prescribed:
- Periodontitis — inflammation of the periodontium, is often found in dental practice. The causes of the disease: quality of treatment of the roots, the trauma unit, infection of the tissues by hematogenous pulpitis. Predisposing factors: hypothermia, colds. The symptoms of periodontitis bright, rise. Initially is manifested as: pain when biting, bloating, increase in tooth pulsation in the gums. Later the pain becomes nagging, severe, radiates (gives off) the ear, the opposite side of the jaw, temple. If time does not take action to tackle periodontitis, produces massive inflammation appears swollen tissues. The treatment is to remove the affected tissue units, the cleaning of the root canal, the release of accumulated infectious exudate. The therapy is done over several weeks or months. The time depends on the severity of the disease and the massiveness of the distribution. To eliminate the source of infection use a rinsing solution of soda and salt, oak bark, chamomile, calendula. Manipulations should be carried out every 30 — 50 minutes. To accelerate recovery, the dentist will appoint antibacterial therapy;
- Abscess (gumboil) is an inflammation of the periosteum. Pathology is extremely dangerous, rapidly evolving and insidious complications. Causes: injuries to the jaw, not promptly treated caries, pulpitis, periodontitis, periodontitis. Complications pathology: cellulitis, abscess, sepsis. Flux the symptoms are similar to manifestations of periodontitis, but they are of great severity. Periostitis is accompanied by: aching, throbbing pain in tooth, swelling of tissues, reduced performance, increased body temperature. The main symptom of the disease — the formation of bumps at the roots of the affected units. Initially it is small, but with the activation and development of inflammation increases. As the spread of the infection, tissues swell, there is facial asymmetry, signs of disease visible to the naked eye. There are 2 flux principle of treatment: conservative and operative. Conservative therapy include: the elimination of the affected tissue, release of exudates from root tissues, the careful readjustment of foci of infection. At home carry out rinsing with soda and salt, decoctions of herbs and flowers. After the elimination of inflammation, the channels are sealed, forming a permanent seal. Surgical methods include: the removal of a tooth, resection of the gums, with possible subsequent resection of the root apex. Regardless of the choice of treatment, the dentist will appoint antibacterial therapy;
- Periodontitis is an inflammatory process in the periodontium. Causes of disease: poor care of the oral cavity, abuse of sweets, Smoking. Predisposing factors: pregnancy, lactation, menopause, diabetes, endocrine disorders. Catarrhal inflammation of the gums (gingivitis) is the predecessor of periodontitis.
Symptoms: swelling of the gums, their redness, itching, shrinkage, bleeding at low mechanical impact, increased local temperature, pain sensitivity during the meal, the formation of periodontal pockets. In the later stages of the flow of a pathology characterized by: bleeding gums outside mechanical impact, exposure of roots, massive purulent discharge from the periodontal pockets, the advent of mobility, loss of teeth.
For treatment by professional hygienic cleaning (removal of plaque and calculus), treat the periodontal pockets with antiseptic solutions. At home rinse your mouth with a solution of baking soda and salt, extracts of herbs and flowers. After the rinse, the gums are treated with a special anti-inflammatory gels and ointments. Antibiotics for gum disease help to eliminate the infectious process, for a short time to achieve positive results;
- Post-operative treatment of infection of the tissues (surgical intervention to remove the tooth, holding the flap surgery, open curettage, dental implants).
- Phlegmon and sepsis — complications of diseases of the oral cavity. Treatment with antibiotics in this case, necessary.
Administration of medicines is carried out by a specialist. For the treatment of pulpitis, dental caries, gingivitis antibacterial treatment is not carried out.
Harm to self-healing
As it became clear, antibiotics for inflammation are often used. However, if the person felt pain in the oral cavity, it is not necessary to run to the pharmacy and pick up medication on their own or in conjunction with the pharmacist. The use of drugs would be a mistake, which will seriously affect health and lead to complications.
Harmful to self-medicate, as:
- Antibiotics have different activity spectrum. Each of the products aimed at a certain type of microorganisms. You can drink heaps of drugs, but in the end not to address the source of the disease;
- Unreasonable treatment leads to development of dysbacteriosis, allergic reactions, side effects, intoxication, decrease in immunity, development of fungal diseases. If necessary, the use of drugs dentists prescribe taking probiotics;
- People are not always able to assign the correct dose and to calculate the treatment course. To achieve the desired effect, antibiotics take at a set time.
- Do not attempt to replace the prescribed medication with cheaper analogue. If the patient has no financial ability to pay for expensive medication, tell your dentist. He will pick a cheap, but effective option;
- At pathologies of the oral cavity, the medicine begins to act only after receiving dental care (periodontal disease, dental abscess, periodontitis). No therapeutic manipulation of the doctor, the action of the antibiotics is insignificant, does not render the desired therapeutic effect;
- Long-term use of drugs develops superinfection is not sensitive to antibiotics;
- Inappropriate use of drugs leads to the loss of precious time, the worsening of the condition, deterioration of human health.
Some people believe that early antibiotics is the key to getting rid of problems. But it is not. Drugs are taken only when indicated.
Antibacterial drugs have contraindications and side effects. This should be considered for people suffering from chronic diseases, pregnant and lactating women.
Visit to the dentist is needed at the first symptoms of the disease. In case of timely visit, the risk of complications is minimal.
Known in dentistry, medicine helpers
Treatment of inflammation of the gums is done with the help of medicinal substances of broad spectrum. To the list include:
|Amoxiclav.||Combines 2 of medicinal substance: Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. Well tolerated by patients, has a low percentage of side effects, safe for nursing, pregnant women, infants. There are different forms: powder for preparation of child and adult suspension, tablet, powder for preparation of injections.|
|Sumamed.||The active substance is Azithromycin. The broad-spectrum drugs, actively used in all age groups. In the pharmacies can be found: powders for the preparation of syrup, tablet.|
|Lincomycin.||Has a pronounced bacteriostatic effect. Often prescribed in dental practice for adults. The cheapness and practicality of the antibiotic makes it indispensable in the fight against many diseases. The medication has side effects, is banned for use in lactating and pregnant women.|
|Ciprofloxacin.||The drug of choice for inflammatory disease of the oral cavity in adults. Form release: tablets, solution for injection. Has a bactericidal effect. The drug is well tolerated by patients, has a low cost.|
|Pefloxacin.||Antimicrobial drug. Banned for use in children, pregnant and lactating women. Available in the form of tablets and solutions for injection. Released from pharmacies if there prescriptions.|
When taking antibiotics can experience side effects:
- Dyspepsia: flatulence (bloating, bubbling, flatulence), nausea, heartburn. Common: constipation, diarrhea, drug-induced hepatitis, abdominal pain;
- Disorders of the Central nervous system: dizziness, fainting, drowsiness, tremor, insomnia, headache;
- Allergic reactions: hives, skin rash, swelling of the throat, anaphylactic shock;
- Symptoms of the cardiovascular system: shortness of breath, shortness of breath, tachycardia, bradycardia;
- From ENT: nasal congestion, rhinitis, sore and dry throat, hypersalivation;
Other effects: red eyes, development of superinfection, a change of blood counts, joint pain. With the appearance of unpleasant symptoms, consult your doctor for replacement medication.
With care prescribe medication: children first 3 years of life, for pregnant and nursing women, persons with chronic illnesses, people with allergic predisposition.
All of these drugs on the pharmaceutical market are generics, however, do not buy analogs, without consulting a doctor!
Maintaining the health of the oral cavity
Not had to treat a dangerous disease, in advance pobespokoytes about their health. To do this:
- Timely pass preventive examinations, carry out a complete reorganization of chronic foci of infection;
- Treat only in skilled dental clinics, experienced doctors;
- Maintain quality hygiene, brush your teeth 2 times a day, use a Waterpik, floss, mouthwash;
- Follow a diet. Reduce the amount of consumed carbohydrate food, avoid products products. Enter in your menu fruits, vegetables, greens, berries, legumes, meat and fish;
- Quit Smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages;
- Observe the condition in a timely manner and treat somatic diseases.
Following the recommendations, the risk of dangerous diseases reduced the need for antibiotic disappears.