Antibiotics after tooth extraction
Antibiotics after tooth extraction are appointed by dentists to reduce pain symptoms and prevent the development of inflammatory processes. What antibiotics to take after tooth extraction and how to do it? Read more about it.
The reasons for antibiotic therapy
Tooth extraction can be considered a small operating footprint. In such cases, possible infectious complications. They can promote lots of different factors, namely:
- Usually the tooth breaks, when there is a bacterial process, such as periodontitis, periodontal disease, i.e. in the soft tissues is an inflammatory lesion. Therefore, if the tooth cannot immediately get rid of these blemishes. Then come to the aid of antibiotics.
- During the operation can be damaged a wall of the hole, resulting in the spread of the infection into the bone.
- Improper care of the hole after the procedure, the irregularity of antiseptic mouthwashes cause are prerequisites for the ingress of microorganisms from the outside and their distribution in the saliva and remnants of food trapped in the holes.
- The entrance hole must be closed by a clot. In insolvency, usually develop infection.
- After removal of the tooth due to stress can decrease immunity, which weakens the protection of the oral cavity.
Also often antibiotics are prescribed after the removal of wisdom teeth. Typically, the antimicrobial drug is administered by the dentist before the procedure and after. But antibiotics after removal of wisdom teeth is shown in such situations:
- when there is a high risk of development of a flux or the appearance of sores on the gums;
- if the tooth extraction was the integrity of the gums, started bleeding.
- in the anamnesis the patient has various chronic diseases, resulting in reduced protective forces of an organism.
In addition to these reasons, experts consider the need to take antibiotics after tooth extraction, if visual inspection of the wells there is a strong reddening of the tissues, swelling, the presence of pus or necrotic content.
How to find a cure
There are many types of antibiotics, but not all can be effective. Antibacterial medicinal product should meet the following requirements:
- To have the ability to quickly reach not only in the gum tissue and bone.
- The medication needs to accumulate a certain amount in the blood, and in a place where there is inflammation.
- Positively affect anaerobic and aerobic forms of bacteria.
- Have low toxic properties.
- Have little side effects.
- The concentration of the drug must be stored at least 8 hours.
- Come in convenient pharmaceutical forms (tablets, capsules, suspension), so it was easy to make it at home.
In the dental practice used many types of antibiotics. The most common are the following drugs:
- The resorption of the antibiotic penicillin. Has a wide range of actions. Given the specialist to prevent the increase in body temperature and treatment of inflammatory processes that have arisen.
- Lincomycin — is pretty well-known drug that helps with a variety of dental complications.
- Augmentin is a semisynthetic antibacterial agent that belongs to the group of penicillins. Thanks to the active substances, clavulanic acid and amoxicillin, are quickly blocked by microbial enzymes.
- Azithromycin — antibiotic group macrolides. Has a complex tiered formula of the main component in the form of a hydrate of azithromycin, so quickly achieved the effectiveness of the drug.
- Amoxiclav — drug combined action, which is used for the treatment of patients of any age.
- Amoxicillin is well relieves inflammation, and even prevents the development of infections of all kinds. Allowed to pregnant women and children, but only after consultation with a specialist.
- Tsifran included in the group of fluoroquinolones. Most often it is administered after tooth extraction on the background of other diseases of the oral cavity.
Is it necessary to drink antibiotics after tooth extraction or not, can only tell the doctor after the examination. Yourself in this case to make decisions is not recommended.
Rules of admission
To the action of antibiotics was as high as possible, is required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Be sure to follow the instructions that comes with the drug when buying. Be careful, some antibiotics need to drink before meals, others after a meal or along with meal. This is very important because the reception affect the absorption of drugs into the bloodstream.
- To wash down pills or capsules need no juice, no milk, no coffee, only water.
- At the same time to use alcohol and antibacterial drugs is strictly prohibited.
- Experts have proven that antibacterial treatment kills not only bad bacteria but also good, and is a prerequisite to the development of fungal diseases and dysbiosis. To prevent negative consequences, dentists prescribe medicines that will prevent this (e.g., Linex, Diflucan, etc.).
- It is not advised to stop taking the medication if it has become easier. You need to strictly adhere to the course of the drug, which was prescribed by your doctor. If you do not adhere to this rule, the bacteria will develop resistance to the drug and may develop adverse effects.
- If the assigned dosage of the antibiotic within 48-72 hours does not give the desired result, it must be replaced.
Please note! Antibiotics is a very serious medications which, if improperly can lead to tragic consequences. On this basis, the selection, appointment and replacement of antibacterial agents should only be performed by the attending physician. Independently it was prohibited!
Drugs local action
A big role after tooth removal play and local antibacterial agents. They are available usually in the form of a solution to rinse or gels. Among them is popular with the following medications:
- Chlorhexidine. Use the solution in a concentration of 0.05% in undiluted form or in combination with other components. Its peculiarity lies in maintaining the active properties in the processing of wells with purulent or blood content and prolonged effect lasting for several hours. Important! You cannot use more than 12 days, because then it can begin the destruction of the microflora in the mouth.
- Miramistin. It is an active antiseptic drug that promotes healing and stabilizes the local defenses. You are allowed to apply for children. Sold in the form of aerosol and solution to rinse.
- Metrogyl Denta. Antiseptic medicament in the form of a gel. If inflamed gums, then with your fingers apply the product on affected area twice a day.
Happens if overdose
Overdose antibacterial drug, which are discharged after removal of the tooth may occur because dosage of money, a long reception and individual sensitivity to its components.
The main symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, loss of consciousness, tachycardia, acute renal and hepatic ailments.
If you experience such signs of overdose should immediately be sent to a medical institution for medical assistance. The dentist will help get rid of these symptoms and will prescribe another drug.
If to adhere strictly to medical prescriptions and advice, the antibiotics will help quickly get rid of the complications and negative consequences that arose after tooth extraction.