Antibiotics for stomatitis in children and adults: should-and can-make?
The main question that we will address in this article — can I take antibiotics with stomatitis in children and adults and when to do it?
Doctors agree that the disease occurs as a reaction of the immune system to a pathogen. Stomatitis manifests itself with white sores on the mucosal surface of the oral cavity and is accompanied by unpleasant itching and burning sensation.
When you need to take antibiotics for the stomatitis?
The use of antibiotic therapy, especially if it concerns a child, is possible only after consultation and medical examination. In any case, you cannot use antibiotics without prescription, use of drugs at their discretion could exacerbate the situation and extremely complicated course of the disease.
Antibacterial therapy is appointed only after identification of the pathogen. Thus, the development of stomatitis can be triggered by various viruses, bacteria and fungi. Given that the disease can develop in the setting of infection with fungi of the genus Candida, the treatment is done with antifungal drugs and eliminates the use of antibiotics.
Doctors there are several types of stomatitis:
Only aphthous stomatitis is treated with the use of antimicrobials, assuming that the disease has moved into running form.
If you have symptoms of stomatitis, the doctor to start examining the oral cavity for the presence of white sores, then takes a scraping to carry out the necessary tests.
After receiving the results, the physician determines whether to treat disease with antibiotics and prescribes necessary medicines. Therapy is chosen individually for each patient based on:
- state adult or child;
- identify the type of pathogen;
- the age of onset;
- the presence of comorbidities;
- the presence of allergic reactions to a particular drug.
Most often, uncomplicated forms of the disease are treated with antiseptic agents, which quickly and easily remove the symptoms. Stomatitis treated with antibiotics in the extremely rare cases when the disease is not amenable to earlier treatment.
Antibiotic therapy is assigned in the following cases:
- The disease has moved into the severe form.
- Stomatitis is a consequence diseases of internal organs.
To avoid intestinal disorders can be prescribed medications aimed at restoring intestinal flora, which is affected from the use of antibacterial drugs.
What types of antibiotics are used to treat adults and children?
The treatment of stomatitis caused by various bacteria, can be carried out using local drugs antibiotic.
Complicated form of stomatitis in children and adults treated following the most effective drugs:
- Penicillin is an antibiotic broad-spectrum bacteriostatic and bactericidal action. The most effective against streptococci, staphylococci, gonococci. The drug is indicated for both adults and children only in case of complications of the disease;
- Kanamycin is antibiotic of wide spectrum of action of the aminoglycoside. With care prescribe the drug to nursing mothers and children under the age of one month;
- Lincomycin is the most commonly used drug in dentistry. Refers to broad-spectrum antibiotics and prescribed for inflammatory and purulent processes in the oral cavity. The drug is used for treatment and prevention. Lincomycin is a good antibiotic to treat complications stomatitis;
- Ampioks — the drug is effective against staphylococci and bacteria resistant to penicillin. The drug is used for treatment of children aged 3 years;
- Clarithromycin is a broad-spectrum drug, active against many bacteria: Helicobacter pylori, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae;
- Azithromycin — an antibiotic of the macrolides – azalide. The most effective in the treatment of infectious diseases of the upper respiratory tract and infections of the mucous tissues of the oral cavity;
- Amoxiclav belongs to the group of broad-spectrum antibiotics and the most effective fights microorganisms that cause the inflammatory process in the oral region. The drug is available as a powder and in pill form. Different form of production facilitates the use of drugs;
- Augmentin belongs to the penicillin group of antibiotics, effective against many harmful microorganisms. The drug is indicated in exceptional cases, when the disease is extremely complicated. Augmentin is a combination of two antibiotics: Amoxicillin and Clavulanate. Amoxicillin citesi semi-synthetic antibiotic that has a very powerful center of influence. Clavulanate is a support substance composed of Augmentin, increases the effects of Amoxicillin. After three days of treatment 90% of patients feel significant relief of the condition;
- Sumamed is an antibacterial drug from the group of macrolides. Sumamed suitable for the treatment of stomatitis of children under the age of 5 months.
Recommendations for the use of
To minimize the harmful effects of antibiotics in the treatment of stomatitis the body, it is important to follow the following rules:
- use them only if they are really needed;
- medication must be performed within 30 minutes after a meal;
- wash down the vehicle with plain water;
- prescribed a course of treatment, it is necessary to pass completely.
Antibacterial drugs are prescribed only in cases when without their use do not, especially young children and lactating women. Mindless and arbitrary use of antibiotics, only to as quickly as possible to relieve the symptoms, can harm health and lead to serious complications.
Summary: can I use antibiotics for the stomatitis? You can, but only on prescription.
Video: treatment of stomatitis in children: ointments, gels, antibiotics.