Antibiotics for toothache
Antibiotics for toothache contribute to the improvement of health and elimination of inflammation. Antibiotic therapy should be conducted under the supervision of a dentist. Medications swallowed after removal of dental elements under different dental diseases.
Antibiotic when a toothache is determined based on the nature of the disease and the body’s response to painful process. Indications for antibiotics is periodontitis and osteomyelitis. If the treatment is performed on the stage of the disease, with the identification of purulent inflammation, after treatment taken antibiotics. Another indication for these drugs — surgical treatment of periodontitis (resection).
Antibiotic therapy is indicated for the following diseases of the gums:
- launched periodontitis;
- necrotizing gingivitis with ulcers;
Prevention antibiotics for a toothache are taken for 1-3 days before treatment. Most of these measures are being carried out in the presence of high risk of development of septic endocarditis. The risk group includes patients with pacemakers and other artificial implants. In special group of patients includes people with chronic infection in the mouth and with a weak immune system. The target group consists of diabetics. Antibiotics as a preventive measure chosen on an individual basis.
Antibiotics — separate pharmacological group of drugs, quickly eliminating the pain. If sensitization has a high sensitivity to medication and allergic to them. The frequent use of antibiotics reduces their effectiveness on the background of habituation of the organism to existing components.
Antibiotics are prescribed to eliminate inflammation triggered by microbes. Therefore, antibiotic therapy is carried out according to a specific schema. The doctor determines the cause of the pain. If it arose after tooth extraction, there is shown the use of antibiotics, relieve pain, prevent the spread of infection. If the pain associated with injury or trauma, antibiotic therapy is not assigned. In this case we apply different diagnostic procedures to identify the localization of the syndrome and the condition of the dentition.
If inflamed gums, for the treatment of periodontitis and gingivitis is assigned to the following medicines:
- nitroimidazole (Metronidazole) — drugs in this group are taken together with the main antibiotic;
- lincosamide (Lincomycin, Clindamycin) — some drugs in this group affect the digestive system;
- fluoroquinolones (Ciplox) is prescribed to patients with diabetes.
The course of treatment with antibiotics lasts for 1-2 weeks. If a dental procedure is conducted for the baby, then the dosage of antibiotic and duration of therapy are adjusted. The drug is injected into the gums. But in this case you may notice the following effects:
- visible improvement after the injection in the gum pain, inflammation and bleeding pass, but only for a while;
- necrotic periodontitis — a shot made in the gums contributes to accumulation of high dosage of the antibiotic in the tissues. For a short period destroyed the pathogens. While released cytokines and toxins that lead to tissue necrosis;
- the high mobility of tooth elements as the tissue dies, the area of fixation of the tooth to the bone is reduced.
Injections of antibiotics are only intramuscularly.
The names of the medicines
Antibiotic therapy is assigned after a comprehensive laboratory testing. It is held within 5-14 days. If flux occurs at an early stage, treatment is medication and mouth rinse.
Antibiotic therapy may be ineffective in the following cases:
- broken medications;
- during antibiotic therapy, the patient drank alcoholic beverages;
- failure to comply with physician-recommended dosage;
- early discontinuation of the antibiotic.
When purulent or inflammatory pathology is assigned Lincomycin. The drug is effective for fistula. Lincomycin injection is used in purulent and inflammatory process in the mouth, against which the broken bone. Lincomycin was adopted for the prevention of postoperative purulent process. The drug has a broad impact.
Tsifran — a strong antibiotic that has a bactericidal effect. Tsifran destroy bacteria, preventing their proliferation. The drug quickly affects the pain, eliminating it in a short time. Tsifran, penetrating deep into the fabric, is easy to eliminate the infection.
The medication interacts well with other antibiotics to accelerate the healing process. For Tsifran typical minimum overwhelming concentration. It is prescribed to combat Staphylococcus.
The drug is taken topically or ingested. This will require:
- grind up the pill, put the powder on the aching tooth;
- if you are using injection, then the liquid is poured on the cotton wool, which is then applied to the aching tooth;
- the application of dental drops.
Therapy with Ciprofloxacin and Metronidazole
The drug has an antibacterial effect. The drug is taken after surgery, if there is an infectious complication. There are no side effects. Sometimes you may receive a Allergy, itching and rashes. Sometimes it can swell the face and vocal cords. Less commonly observed are nausea, diarrhea, migraine, insomnia.
On the background of therapy with Ciprofloxacin change blood counts. Can disrupt taste perception. During treatment to avoid the effects of ultraviolet rays. For any inflammation of teeth and gums is shown taking Metrondazole. Its active substances interact with the DNA of harmful microbes, providing a bactericidal effect.
While taking the drug is concentrated in the gum, which has a positive effect on the plaque located below the gum. Take a dosage of 0.5 g is Taken in tablet 3 times a day. The treatment lasts 10 days, and it may be accompanied by various side effects (dry mouth, headache, metallic taste). If the patient was prescribed Metronidazole, then it is forbidden to drink alcohol. Therapy with this drug is not carried out if the patient has heart failure, epilepsy. It can be administered in combination with Amoxicillin.
To eliminate tooth pain taken Pain-Wounds. Its active substance is paracetamol and diclofenac sodium. Adult dosage is 1 tablet three times a day. In maintenance therapy daily dose: 1 tablet 2-3 times a day. Bol-RAS can provoke adverse reactions from the Central nervous system, gastrointestinal tract. Against the background of its reception may be allergic, bronchial asthma, edema.
Medication is not indicated for high sensitivity to its components, ulcers, urticaria. If the patient taken Methotrexate, then Bol-Ran is introduced a day before or after reception of the first means. The drug can be used for symptomatic treatment.
To get rid of a toothache, you can drink the following analgesics:
- Analgin — fast help to get rid of the pain. Take 2 tablets three times a day. But Aspirin is not indicated for the diseases of the blood and lungs, problems with the kidneys and liver.
- Ibuprofen is an effective NSAID that helps relieve pain and high body temperature. Taken one pill three times a day.
- Ketanov — effective NSAID with analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects. Taken one pill 4 times a day.
- Paracetamol has good analgesic and antipyretic action. The drug is taken 4 times a day. It is contraindicated for alcoholics and pregnant women.
- An Advil — relieves pain, while providing analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects. The drug is taken 2 tablets 4 times a day. This combination means consists of caffeine, acetaminophen and aspirin.
Antibiotic for toothache — affordable and effective medicines that help to get rid of the syndrome promptly. Pathology that provokes the considered symptom occurs on the background of painful germs. When identified, shows the antibiotics.
The antibiotic pain syndrome does not resolve, so it is a single dose is ineffective. For each drug in this group is characterized by its rate of efficiency in relation to the treatment of pain and destroy disease-causing microbes. Therefore, antibiotic therapy is carried out within a week or two weeks, under the supervision of a dentist, after obtaining the laboratory results. If necessary, a detailed examination of the patient.