Aphthous stomatitis — herpetic acute: symptoms, causes, treatment
Aphthous stomatitis is a disease characterized by damage to the oral mucosa caused by the herpes virus. In other words, the pathology is called hermeticly stomatitis. The progression of the virus leads to the formation of erosive formations that cause severe pain. Ulcers are called – aphthae. The priority problem the patient is the lack of eating due to pronounced pain syndrome.
Ulcers can reach a size up to 1 see the biggest danger of the pathology is that of acute herpetic stomatitis in the absence of proper therapy is becoming chronic. The deeper aphthae, the longer the scarring of the tissues in the mouth. Treatment of aphthous stomatitis in adults should be comprehensive and always under the supervision of a specialist. Aphthous stomatitis what it is, from the point of view of medicine? And what are the causes of acute herpetic stomatitis.
Information about the disease
Ulcers are localized mainly on the lips and cheeks. This is due to increased trauma to this area during meals or in case of accidental biting. Sometimes aphthae appear on the tongue. The disease may be accompanied by symptoms of intoxication:
- A slight rise in body temperature;
- Body aches;
Education more often single than multiple. In appearance ulcers are circular or oval, erosive, rim. Herpes AFTA covered with gray-white bloom around you can see the obvious signs of inflammation.
A comprehensive and appropriate treatment recover within 7 – 10 days. In the absence of proper treatment, the disease becomes chronic.
There is an acute herpetic stomatitis at any age. Children are most sensitive to the pathology, since there is no way to eat normally. If the patient is diagnosed with herpetic stomatitis, should visit an immunologist. Because the herpes virus progresses only with the weakening of protective forces of an organism. What causes canker sores and how to distinguish it from Candida and bacterial, take a closer look.
What triggers the development of the disease
To this day, doctors can’t name a single reason why aphthous stomatitis. But there is a common assertion that the virus is progressing on the background of previously transferred infectious diseases. It is believed that stomatitis is a pathology caused by Staphylococcus. Staphylococci contribute to the development of:
Aphthous stomatitis may develop due to the impact on the body of an allergen, obtained from foods, drugs, and also because:
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Viral infections;
- The States of immunodeficiency;
- Ulcerative colitis;
- Iron-deficiency anemia.
For progression of the virus needs certain conditions in which the disease begins to progress:
- Insufficient intake of vitamins in the body;
- Frequent colds;
- Weak immune response of the organism to the pathogen;
- Genetic predisposition;
- Trauma the mucous membranes of the mouth and tongue;
- Caries, periodontal disease, gingivitis.
The above symptoms can provoke an acute onset of the disease. To ignore the hard stomatitis, ulcers are always accompanied by unbearable pain and long to heal. The process of tissue regeneration is delayed due to the constant irritation of the mouth food and germs accumulate in the interdental spaces. Therefore, treatment should be primarily aimed at suppressing bacteria in the oral cavity. Regular debridement of mouth is the key to quick and effective treatment of aphthous stomatitis. What is thrush and the symptoms of the disease, will be discussed further.
Forms and types of virus diseases
There are acute and chronic form of the disease. If a virus is present in the human body, the disease can recur in the occurrence of precipitating factors.
Acute disease is called gingivostomatit. Precipitating factor are viruses. Acute herpetic stomatitis in adults requires immediate treatment to prevent transition to the chronic form.
Recurrent herpes stomatitis of chronic occurs as a result of:
- Diseases of immune nature.
A chronic course occurs in people with problems of the gastrointestinal tract. The disease periodically becomes aggravated. Relapse, usually in the fall and spring. Provokes aggravation weakening protective forces of an organism, psychological stress, and vitamin deficiency.
Depending on the extent of involvement of the mucous membranes of the mouth, are distinguished:
|Ulcers with signs of tissue necrosis.||Dead skin cells accumulate on the mucosa in the oral cavity. erosive tissue covered by a thin layer of the epidermis. Necrotizing aphthous stomatitis is common in people with a history of pathology of the circulatory system and hematopoiesis.|
|The granular form of the disease.||Results in the formation of small vesicles on mucous membrane. Often occurs because of trauma to the epithelial tissue. In the midst of disease, the bubbles are subjected to erosion and ulcers.|
|Scar form.||This type of stomatitis differs from previous ones in that in place of the ulcers grows connective tissue. With proper treatment, scarring remains.|
|Deforming stomatitis.||This is the most severe form of the disease. Ulceration affect the mucous membranes so that the deformation of the gums. After successful treatment, leave deep scars.|
A conclusion about the extent of mucosal lesions makes doctor after research. The full clinical picture will help you to choose the right treatment of aphthous stomatitis.
Peculiarities of viral diseases
Acute herpetic stomatitis begins suddenly. The patient complains of symptoms of intoxication. Low-grade fever is characteristic of the onset of the disease.
In addition to weakness, painful sensations appear in the oral cavity. During the inspection, you can see a small education, in the form of bubbles, which, bursting, form ulcers with gray-white bloom. The language of the patient, also covered with a coating of white. If you take a closer look at erosive education, you notice inflamed areas of epithelium, around education.
Man, as the progression of the disease cannot take solid food. The process of chewing is accompanied by severe pain. It is recommended to use mashed into a puree meals through a straw to avoid contact of the products with the affected mucosa. Symptoms canker sores disappear after 10 to 14 days. The regeneration of the mucous to its previous state. With deep ulcers may remain scars.
Chronic aphthous stomatitis in adults symptoms and treatment slightly differ from the acute course of the disease. This type of disease is characterized by swelling and pallor of the mucous membranes of the mouth.
Localization of aft observed on the lips, the cheeks in the hyoid region. Very rarely, ulcers may appear on the palate and gums of the patient. Ulcers covered with a dirty gray patina around appears edematous halo of red. When necrotic lesions aphthae protrude above the surface of the mucosa due to pronounced inflammatory process. The chronic form is characterized by high temperature, weakness and fatigue. Submandibular lymph nodes increase in size.
The duration of chronic canker sores and treatment is about 2 weeks. Ulcers need to be treated necessarily, because when infected they become deep and can move to the stage of deforming stomatitis. Of erosive formations may be intermittent bleeding. The danger lies in the possible infection of the mucous membranes and deep tissue. Deep ulcers can heal with scarring. How to treat aphthous stomatitis, and most importantly, what?
How to treat herpes sores at home
Diagnosis of acute herpetic stomatitis should start with a visit to the specialist. One should not experiment with your health and listen to the advice of friends that they easily coped with the disease herbs. Stomatitis is different nature, and therefore the treatment method will be different from each other.
How else to treat aphthous stomatitis?
- You can use any antimicrobial agent. cleans the oral mucosa from pathogenic bacteria solution of hydrogen peroxide. Rinse your mouth after each meal.
- Not less pronounced antibacterial effect in the treatment of aphthous stomatitis in adults has furatsilin and chlorhexidine.
- Accelerates the regeneration of damaged tissues med. You can prepare the honey solution, or to treat ulcers product of beekeeping. Honey has antimicrobial, healing and antiviral.
The only thing with any form of disease is cleanliness of the mouth. Need, as often as possible to rinse your mouth with antiseptic solutions to prevent the growth of microbes. The easiest antiseptic solution can be prepared by mixing water with salt and soda.
Don’t forget to visit the dentist. Carious teeth is the path of infection in the body. Next, the flow of blood viruses, germs and bacteria going to the organs, causing inflammatory disease. The disease weakens the immune system, and chronic herpes sores back again. In the period of remission be sure to take the treatment of teeth.
An integrated approach is the key to quick recovery
In addition to irrigation of the oral cavity with antiseptic solutions, it is recommended to use different creams and gels. They not only will accelerate process of regeneration of ulcers, but will stop inflammation. The ointment or gel is applied after rinsing. Within 1 hour you can not eat.
Dentists and ENT doctors will recommend how to cure thrush in the mouth. Usually prescribe the following medications:
- Holisal. Available in the form of gel. Has antiseptic and analgesic properties. Use no more than 8 hours. Good pain relief, which is very important when eating;
- Miramistin spray or solution. Strong antiseptic. Aimed at suppressing the herpes virus and normalization of the microflora in the mouth. This is a quick and effective remedy aimed at addressing the canker sores and the cause of the disease;
- Not less pronounced analgesic effect has Trasylol, Kamistad and Clobetasol. Patients experience severe pain at the appearance of mouth ulcers, pain therefore you need to make sure;
- To prevent relapse it is possible to irrigate the oral cavity Geksoralom, Orasecom and Tantum Verde;
- Well reduce inflammation and pain Xican and Benzocaine. Uncontrolled ointments is not valid, because drugs have many side effects. It is recommended to study the annotation;
- One of the most effective methods of treatment of acute herpetic stomatitis is Stomatofit – A. balsam has a natural formula that quickly relieves inflammation and pain. Apply locally to affected areas of the mucosa.
- To restore the mucous membrane of the mouth apply the gel Solkoseril.
Now you know how to treat thrush in adults drugs. But these drugs relieve symptoms and how to cure thrush fast?
Improve immunity and take antihistamines
As you already understood, the disease occurs with a sharp decrease of immunity of the organism. To treatment as effective as possible, doctors recommend that, in conjunction with antibacterial therapy, taking immunomodulators, such as Imudon.
To protect the oral cavity, prescribe special toothpastes with a high content of enzymes and the content of glucose oxidase, lactoferrin, lysozyme.
With stomatitis that occurs on a background of allergies, prescribed antihistamines: Suprastin, Fenistil, side effects of the drug.
Necessarily, to prevent dental diseases should avoid taking sweet, spicy and very salty food. The acids erode tooth enamel and contribute to changes in the microflora in the mouth.
- If you like spicy, don’t forget about thorough and regular oral hygiene.
- Forget about Smoking, nicotine is the enemy of teeth and gums to No. 1.
- If you become a hostage of infectious diseases – complete the full course of treatment. Diseases that were at one time ignored, can cause the emergence of the AFL in the mouth.
- People who are prone to allergic reactions, it is recommended to exclude the effect of the stimulus on the body, and if there are problems with the digestive system, do not take the time and go through examination by a gastroenterologist.
- Take vitamins, especially in autumn and spring. Vitamin complex will increase the body’s resistance to viruses and bacteria.